Bills off-season part 6: The Doldrums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Right, I knew that. What I couldn't msg on my phone now can on this comp is this speculation:

Is there a connection in time between Dawkin's restructured deal and the punter dilemma? Is there smoke that Beane knew earlier, at the Dawkin's redeal, that he'd have to get ready to pay for a punter (in addition to whatever) before the kid got released? Of course, we'll never know, even if the calendar lines up, but it's an interesting consideration...particularly with the controversy that the team seemingly sat on this. Maybe they needed some time to free up cash, bump the kid, and know what cash was on hand to go shopping.
He needed to free up cap as all 53 now count against the cap with camp ending. They freed up 5 million and now have 4.1 left in cap space without Martin accounting. So they needed to cover Morris and Spector while also absorbing Howard's dead cap and now needing a punter. I wouldn't look into it at all.

Onry

Mar 6, 2006
He needed to free up cap as all 53 now count against the cap with camp ending. They freed up 5 million and now have 4.1 left in cap space without Martin accounting. So they needed to cover Morris and Spector while also absorbing Howard's dead cap and now needing a punter. I wouldn't look into it at all.
Thx for the fill in

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Out of interest... Where does your 4.1m figure come from?

Spotrac are quoting 6.9m - with Martin's salary to be added.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

Unless something really bad happens like a season ending injury - i hope that people are going to forget about this stupid OBJ festish quickly enough. When they see Davis & Diggs in expanded roles full time, when they see some of Shakir's promise, when they see Crowder hopefully healthy, when they see Cook catching passes from the backfield.

This team has more than enough weapons. The fact that most aren't big names is the reason for this OBJ bullshit. That & Von Miller.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Even if it was 2.5 mil cap space and Odell signs in December aren't contracts and cap hits prorated? Plus last season he signed for $1.25 million with the Rams. Plenty of room for Odell if he is healthy and there is mutual interest later in the season.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Even if it was 2.5 mil cap space and Odell signs in December aren't contracts and cap hits prorated? Plus last season he signed for $1.25 million with the Rams. Plenty of room for Odell if he is healthy and there is mutual interest later in the season.

It depends on how much cap space the Bills need for normal roster transactions throughout the year. Guys on IR, practice squad, PUP all count towards the cap as well. This means if they need to place someone on IR, they need cap space to sign their replacement. So that space they have in December is likely going to be less than what they have now.

Reactions: Jim Bob

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Unless something really bad happens like a season ending injury - i hope that people are going to forget about this stupid OBJ festish quickly enough. When they see Davis & Diggs in expanded roles full time, when they see some of Shakir's promise, when they see Crowder hopefully healthy, when they see Cook catching passes from the backfield.

This team has more than enough weapons. The fact that most aren't big names is the reason for this OBJ bullshit. That & Von Miller.
I get a feeling you may not like Odell?

That one stings, he is one of the few non bills I liked

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
One week from now we’ll be watching our team kickoff versus the super bowl champions to kick off the season. If you told me 5 years ago, hell 3 years ago we’d be in the season kickoff game I would have told you “drugs are bad mmmmkay”.

Reactions: Sansbacon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad