NFL: Bills announce deal for new stadium in Orchard Park to open in 2026

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I'm happy they're staying in Buffalo but sad that they're milking the state to death and county to pay for this; I keep badgering my now-retired parents to GTFO out of NY but they won't listen to me.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Either go open air or dome. Not point in it being retractable roof. A lot of money for a stadium that gets only between 10-12 nfl games a season.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I’m at the point where all cold weather stadiums should have roofs, but I somehow doubt that $1.4 billion would be enough in this day and age for that.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I’m at the point where all cold weather stadiums should have roofs, but I somehow doubt that $1.4 billion would be enough in this day and age for that.
With northern cities, you can't do a Sofi roof or the one that they are proposing for Tenn. Not strong enough to support or hold the multiple feet of snow that falls up north. Thus, higher costs for a stronger structure dome like in Detroit, Minny, Indy. No point in those cities to have retractable. It doesn't really add anything since there is not scenery to look out into.

Unfortunately, there is limited use for these northern open air stadiums. No concerts until at least May or June.

Will it be natural grass or a turf?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
And I'm sure it will end up even higher than that, when it's all completed.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
And I'm sure it will end up even higher than that, when it's all completed.
When was the last North American stadium or arena to come in on budget? Don’t expect the bills to

Reactions: LT

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
The design seems pretty uninspiring. It looks value-engineered based on those renders which is the opposite of what you would expect. Usually renders are far more impressive that what actually gets built. Hard to believe that it will cost $1.5 billion even with skyrocketing inflation of the past few years.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Did you expect a waterpark? Most northern NFL stadiums are pretty basic, even as far as the domes go, only Minnesota stands out much from the rest
Figured there be a section like Seattle, NE, Pitt that was open to get a view of the city or something. This doesn’t look much different than MetLife or FedEx field.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad