Bill Watters on Leafs Lunch: Deal Today, Announcement Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Well, Jeff Marek posted here yesterday and prolly reads this board often.

Jeff, you need to explain what the hell kind of report is this? Has Wilbur had too many drinks before noon today at the family compound in Orillia?

barnburner

Apr 23, 2004
88Headdown said:
That really has to be one of the stupidest reports ever. He says the deal is today and announced tomorrow but then again due to the timelnes it might not be today and tomorrow.

What the hell kind of a report is that?

This is what's going to happen - but maybe not....

What a waste of cyber ink...

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
AH said:
Oh My God, this is getting ridiculous.

Deal today, announcement tomorrow, but no one really knows when. :shakehead

Bill Watters is a dummy.

He is probably speaking out of both ends.

The bottom is saying "Deal done today!" :handclap:

Then the top says "I am not 100% on that though." :(

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
blitzkriegs said:
Well, hasn't been VERY obvious that everyone is trying to be the first to state they were the first to call the CBA was reached?

They are pulling an Eklund. Say EVERY SINGLE WEEK that a deal will be reached, and then when it finally does, say that they called it.

It's like those psychics...I saw this guy doing standup on Conan or Leno or something and it was priceless...

"I see...I see the letter M..."
"Well actually, his name is Bob Zitters"
"...You mean...MISTER Bob Zitters?"
"Wow!!!"

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
shelovesshanny said:
is there any good online radio talk show for all of this stuff.
Well, that's subjective, I suppose. But this one is on mojoradio.com if you want to hear it.

And Bobby Clarke is supposed to be on at around 1:45 ET... should address the Carter/Richards situation.

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
Jeff Marek also making a comment right now about how Goodenow, after being absent for the longest time, has now re-entered the picture--apparently yesterday and today as well. They're speculating on what this means.
Deadline hunting.

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
felixno44 said:
can´t wait for bob to tell us
sorry guys, not today (tuesday). ;)

If he dosen't post on the board can we speculate that there is so many things going on right now that he just don't have any time.:)

Maybe today is the day.:handclap:

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
p.l.f. said:

EST? Sheesh, so is EST different from ET? Poile was supposed to be on 1.15ET and Clarke 1.45ET, did I miss them?

Damn your timezones.

Old Hickory

Pepper said:
EST? Sheesh, so is EST different from ET? Poile was supposed to be on 1.15ET and Clarke 1.45ET, did I miss them?

Damn your timezones.
Yes. EST one hour different than EDT. In spring the clock goes forward an hour(daylight savings time) and it goes back and hour in October (back to Standard time)

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
Spongebob said:
Has anyone else noticed that today is the dreaded day 300. I'll bet something happens today. There is no way they want to cross the 301 threshhold. :help:
Why would that even matter since the League already crossed the " first sport ever to cancel an entire season" threshold?

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
HockeyCritter said:
Why would that even matter since the League already crossed the " first sport ever to cancel an entire season" threshold?

I was just rehatching a comment from a poster on an earlier thread saying the league couldn't allow the lockout to go past 300 days.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
Spongebob said:
I was just rehatching a comment from a poster on an earlier thread saying the league couldn't allow the lockout to go past 300 days.
Oh ---- okey-dokey then.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
Jeff Marek also making a comment right now about how Goodenow, after being absent for the longest time, has now re-entered the picture--apparently yesterday and today as well. They're speculating on what this means.
Contrary to what Eklund has reported

blamebettman*

ColoradoHockeyFan said:

I told you guys....he never "left"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->