Bill Peters Appreciation Thread

Aug 3, 2010
It feels so good to be at the top of the division on the first of December with games in hand, 9th overall in the League and 5th overall in goal differential with a +14.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Jack Adams is basically reserved for the team that wildly exceeds expectations, which means right now the front runners are probably Housley, Bednar and Quinn.

Meaningless award.

As for Peters, most probably had the Flames as a middling team and right they're ninth overall in the league. Not good enough to get anything more a few third and fourth place votes.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Not sure how you figure that at all. They're holding down the 2nd wild card spot having played more games than every team below them except 1.

Not to mention even their extremely mediocre play is unsustainable as they're one of the worst teams in the NHL by basically every measure.

Last I checked they were near the top of the Met :laugh: they must have gone on a real slide over the last week or two.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Jack Adams is lurking around the house. I mean, lets support him and his approach . I think he has done great so far. Cheers Bill

All this talk so early about Peters for Jack Adams or Gio for the Norris is crap.

Hockey is a team game and as such the only trophies the players or the fans should be looking at is the Clarence Campbell en route to the Stanley cup. The individual trophies will look after themselves if the team focuses on the true goal.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
All this talk so early about Peters for Jack Adams or Gio for the Norris is crap.

Hockey is a team game and as such the only trophies the players or the fans should be looking at is the Clarence Campbell en route to the Stanley cup. The individual trophies will look after themselves if the team focuses on the true goal.
The main point was to congratulate Bill for his achievements with Calgary Flames since his appointment. Thanks and have a lovely Sunday

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I continue to appreciate Bill Peters.

Guys? Just making you all aware I am still appreciating Bill Peters.

Excited to see what he can do in the NHL playoffs. Won a Memorial Cup and a World Hockey Championship so it's not exactly like he has no experience with tournament style. Love the way he has gotten the team to play this year. Tempo tempo tempo. Playoff series sometimes require adjustments and I'm curious what kind of lineup shake ups he might make throughout the series. Will also be curious to see what happens if(when) Smith struggles in a game.

The home strategy seems obvious. Line match Backlund up against MacKinnon, get Gaudreau's line out against the bottom pairings of the Avs as much as possible.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Bill the bulldog Peters. If I could put all my appreciation in a box, I would wrap it up and give it to him. I sure would

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad