Bill Ny the contractless guy (part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
@hotpaws IIRC your previous post had 6.2 for 5 and 7.25 for 7, why wouldn't you give him 7.25 for 5?

I mean if you think we can afford the ave why not just give it to him on short term to get the deal done, are you some sort of bully trying to steal prime years from the downtrodden?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Imagine nick Ritchie holding out. Some Anaheim fans are actually happy he’s out hoping he doesn’t sign give the roster spot to a useful player

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
8C822ED4-566A-483F-91D3-28485F1CDFCF.jpeg

Bill Ny the contractless guy!

Bill! Bill! Bill Bill! Bill! Bill!
unsigned guy !

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
@hotpaws IIRC your previous post had 6.2 for 5 and 7.25 for 7, why wouldn't you give him 7.25 for 5?

I mean if you think we can afford the ave why not just give it to him on short term to get the deal done, are you some sort of bully trying to steal prime years from the downtrodden?

Because of RFA and UFA years.

If you sign him 5 years he is going to still be in prime years when that ends and will be demanding $9-12M depending on team cap.

The RFA years drive the price down. Each year of UFA you include drives it up.

So right now, if we assume Nylander has achieved his mean value, we could say he’s worth $9M as a UFA.

Without taking the time to look into it, let’s assume he’s got 4 years of RFA left.

A 5-year deal carries him into UFA. So RFA, roughly you’ll get 33% less pay. So about $6M. So $6M (x4 RFA yrs) + $9M (1x UFA yr) and the AAV is $6.6M. You pay him $7.25M you’re just wasting your bargaining power for nothing. That’s $625K in cap space that could be use somewhere else, and I’m just using BS numbers.

Fact is you use RFA years to drive the AAV down. If you don’t then you’re Nonis.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

I may not always agree with you but your usually pretty good, this however is appalling even by this threads standards

Oh yeah since your so keen on pointless attacks stop being a shill towing the company line, see how unproductive that is?

horner

May 22, 2007
This could drag out until October 31st for all I care. As long as Willy comes between $6 and $6.7 per year for 6+ years.

If he holds out that long he will be traded.which at this point I hope he does.
How dumb can someone be to f***ing up playing with Mathews or Taveras .
Wow how dumb can this kid be.
Iam sure Ennis will do just fine 60 pts.

Reactions: Boutette

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Why should we pay a premium to buy up RFA years leading him right to UFA the first year he's eligible? It would set a ridiculous precident. Because we can afford 11 mil for Matthews for 8, we should agree to do it for 4?

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Are you planning to pay in Euros?

Nope...

The 6x5.66 suggestion comes from a Rielly comparable...

Nylander and Rielly are in similar tiers when negotiating their post-ELC contract. People keep saying that Nylander doesn’t want a much lower offer than MM and AM... well... I wonder what Kadri and Rielly say to that!

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Nope...

Nylander and Rielly are in similar tiers when negotiating their post-ELC contract. People keep saying that Nylander doesn’t want a much lower offer than MM and AM... well... I wonder what Kadri and Rielly say to that!
He's a tier or two better than either when they signed. Both made their leaps after signing

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
If it came out these are dubas offers then all vitriol turns straight onto dubas. These are so far under value that id lean toward you just having something against nylander as opposed to you actually thinking these are fair

Lol, youre sounding a little paranoid. These offers I think fit in our teams contract structure based on recent examples like Kadri and Rielly.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
He's a tier or two better than either when they signed. Both made their leaps after signing

I disagree regarding Rielly.

Rielly was our number one dman by the time he resigned (Nylander is arguably our 5th best forward)... people also thought he’d get 6+. Rielly’s 3rd ELC year >= Nylander’s 3rd ELC year.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I disagree regarding Rielly.

Rielly was our number one dman by the time he resigned (Nylander is arguably our 5th best forward)... people also thought he’d get 6+. Rielly’s 3rd ELC year >= Nylander’s 3rd ELC year.
He was our #1 d-man, but it was on a bad roster with less than stellar numbers.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Nope...

So you want to compare a D to a forward. Who cares what Rielly and Kadri say to that? Kadri had a single 50 point season prior to his contract.

Hey - Bobby Holik signed for 9 million with comparable numbers, lets use that!!!

I have to assume this is pure trolling.

Reactions: puckbunnygirl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->