News Article: Bill Meltzer: How the 2011 draft went down for the Flyers

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
But it says you joined HF on Feb 10 2018...
giphy.gif

Marshall blew. Bourdon was somewhat decent until his brain turned to mush.
Bourdon could have turned into a less brain-farty Manning, which would probably be a decent bottom pairing NHL defender.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I still remember Timonen saying how Bourdon was the real deal. Too bad he got the raw deal with his concussion issues.

It really was a shame. I remember meeting his mom and little sister at a prospect camp years and years ago. Really nice people. Bourdon looked great and was on the right track. Unfortunately concussions are a serious matter. Some of those stories of him rushing himself to come back because he wanted to be an NHLer are scary. The pressure on some of these younger guys is enormous, and often self-inflicted. Not to say there's not external pressure, but you can't pile it on for yourself. We've known for years that rushing these things never ends well.

If you're curious what he's been up to:

Marc-Andre Bourdon finds God, resumes career at Liberty University

Marc-Andre Bourdon (@Bizz_Bourdon) | Twitter

He apparently found god.

Reactions: kelmitchell

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
It really was a shame. I remember meeting his mom and little sister at a prospect camp years and years ago. Really nice people. Bourdon looked great and was on the right track. Unfortunately concussions are a serious matter. Some of those stories of him rushing himself to come back because he wanted to be an NHLer are scary. The pressure on some of these younger guys is enormous, and often self-inflicted. Not to say there's not external pressure, but you can't pile it on for yourself. We've known for years that rushing these things never ends well.

He apparently found god.
My favorite part of the article is the word choices lol "liberty, the uber conservative christian school" lmao if only they knew how that school gets down

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

He apparently found god.

Agreed. I worked with his aunt several years ago, and she was such a genuinely nice person.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Bourdon looked like could have been a Seidenberg type. Rugged and efficient. Such a shame.
I don't think he had the talent to be a top-4, but I definitely thought he could have been a solid bottom pairing defenseman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad