Management Bill Guerin

How is Guerin Doing?

• Total voters

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Fiala's pace over the past two seasons is better than Reinhart's career best
In a perfect world we get to keep both. I want Reinhart as a center not a RW. I just say down the line he could switch to RW if we have someone to replace him like Rossi on the top line. I certainly hope Fiala is the better player since the other one is on Florida right now..

While I would love Eichel, I think Reinhart can provide some of what he could (not all of course) while being cheaper, a right hand shot, and not blowing up the farm to get him.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
In a perfect world we get to keep both. I want Reinhart as a center not a RW. I just say down the line he could switch to RW if we have someone to replace him like Rossi on the top line. I certainly hope Fiala is the better player since the other one is on Florida right now..

While I would love Eichel, I think Reinhart can provide some of what he could (not all of course) while being cheaper, a right hand shot, and not blowing up the farm to get him.

as far as ive read that 22 1st is unprotected from Florida... and if im mn i wouldve never made that trade. unless we get a high end 1c, we are probably looking at a lottery.

Reactions: TaLoN and AKL

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
as far as ive read that 22 1st is unprotected from Florida... and if im mn i wouldve never made that trade. unless we get a high end 1c, we are probably looking at a lottery.
I mean I kinda hope we will be a lottery team if we don't make any moves, but with Kaprizov and others on the team we will be battle for the 2WC at least. We had 3/4Cs last season (maybe EK is better and should get a higher spot) and we competed well against Vegas. We feasted on the California teams + AZ so we can't expect it to be as easy this year.

Out of all the centers that we know are probably being shopped only Schmaltz might be the one that doesn't take an arm and a fist to get. Maybe AZ would let us get lottery protection on Dvorak if they want a first. However, I think in year 2 of the buyouts we need to cut payroll so there might be a chance we are even worse in 2 years unless the ELCs and young guns play well.

I think Reinhart, Dvorak, or Schmaltz make this team a playoff team next season so I'm not worried about giving up a first. However, this talk is more suited for the trade thread.

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

It's top 10 protected.

Damn, what a good trade for Florida. Top ten protected (so the worst they lose is the 11th overall), but Devon Levi they basically got for free. They traded a 5th round pick to move down and picked up an extra 7th.

That'd been like us trading Lindberg + 1st for Reinhart. I don't think anyone would have cared.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
thinking of changing my vote. He's not all that good looking, either.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
He’s just not very bright. He will run this team into the ground and it will be a decade before we recover.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I'm more concerned about Leipold's inability to identify quality GM talent than anything else at this point. Fenton followed by this... not getting my hopes up for the next guy.

Leipold shouldn't own a hockey team, he has no clue.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'm more concerned about Leipold's inability to identify quality GM talent than anything else at this point. Fenton followed by this... not getting my hopes up for the next guy.

Fletcher than Fenton and now Guerin - yeah I'm seeing a pattern here and it's not good.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
The sheer incompetence of the last 5-6 months is truly something to behold.

physicaIgraffiti

Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
I'm not saying every single move BBB made has been perfect, but I don't understand what people thought was going to happen with this team. We weren't exactly a great team when he took over. Our prospect pool at the time was meh, with Kap as the one gem. Since then our prospect pool has become top notch, and the team has outperformed expectations both years. I think he's played a large part in both of those things happening.

Outside of the league giving us an easy way out with LTIR on the Parise/Suter contracts, there was no way out of our current scenario. Waiting for one/both of them to retire would've f***ed us even further down the road so I honestly don't know what people thought could be done. I guess everyone's pissed the league didn't give the team a free pass like they seem to do with other teams, which I agree is bs, but that's not GMBG's fault. At the very least it feels like he's building towards the future despite the shit hand he started with, and doing an ok job at it as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: HobeyBroten

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad