Bill Burr

AnAceOfKidneys

May 2, 2014
I didn't even know this guy existed until a couple weeks ago when I was investigating youtube scientology videos (he had a brief acquaintance with LRH/scientology when he was just breaking into the entertainment industry.)

Funny. Forget his fake misogynistic veins, this guy tells it like it is for the most part.
His take on the Brady Bunch and the Greg/Marsha driving competition is :laugh:.

Glad I didn't post this in the LNGn.:help:

Thoughts on this guy? Any good vids?:box:

Sep 19, 2008
Ol' Billy Red Face

Give em the Right There Fred

He was also in GTA in "The Lost and the damned" :laugh:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Ol' Billy Booze Bags podcast is probably the best one out there too.

It can be really funny although some weeks I find myself turning it off after 15-20 minutes. Its generally just him, so if you listen a lot you can hear him go on about the same topics, although to be fair that's not a problem that's unique to his podcast. I actually enjoy it more when his wife comes on as it gives it a bit of back an forth.

As an aside, I've seen him live twice and he was really good both times.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I've been listening to his Monday Morning Podcast since 2009. He has 4 specials up on Netflix and the first three are fantastic. He's been my favorite comedian for a very long time

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Love him. His "I'm sorry You Feel That Way" special on netflix actually had me in tears from laughing.

I believe his Netflix animated show is back for another season next month too.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Been a fan since he was mostly just known in the Boston area; the only comedian I've ever seen live that made me cry from laughing so hard. I have no patience nor time for a podcast, but he gets me laughing anytime I see him as a guest on a show or just doing his regular standup.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
People seem to crap on his last special but I liked it a lot. I thought it was very good.

* thinly-veiled brag * I'm excited to go see him in June! Got almost front row tickets!:D

Sep 19, 2008
Also saw him live in DC before he filmed his latest special. Material is basically identical but doesn't matter. Even have a signed poster from his tour and a picture with him :)

Guy is just one of the best out there, tells it like it is. I love how he calls himself "Bill Kardashian" now because he watches all those reality TV shows because of Nia. "For me..." :laugh:

Last edited:

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I interviewed Bill Burr over the phone a few years ago. It was during the USA - Canada 2014 Olympic semi-final. He was driving around Virginia looking for a restaurant/bar showing the game. He's a hockey fan (he called the old Montreal Forum "the little shop of horrors for Bruins fans").

It was kinda surreal talking to him cause he's got such a distinctive voice. I had to remind myself that: "Oh hey, that's Bill Burr on the other line talking to me."

Anyways, at the end of the conversation, when I thanked him for his time, he simply said, "anytime, thank you brother!"

Just left a smile on my face. He's a cool dude.

Last edited:
Reactions: HFBCommenter

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
He's probably my favorite stand up, although I didn't think his most recent one was up to his usual standard.

Yea it was weird because I saw him on an early portion of that tour, where he was still kinda putting together the material, and it was ****en hilarious. That was probably like March-April 2016. Then the special comes out and it was considerably not as good. He dropped some funny bits, lengthened some not-so-funny ones (specifically the gorilla story), and the delivery wasn't as good on some ones that were funny originally...just kinda fell flat.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Yea it was weird because I saw him on an early portion of that tour, where he was still kinda putting together the material, and it was ****en hilarious. That was probably like March-April 2016. Then the special comes out and it was considerably not as good. He dropped some funny bits, lengthened some not-so-funny ones (specifically the gorilla story), and the delivery wasn't as good on some ones that were funny originally...just kinda fell flat.

I did too and I really enjoyed it. Maybe that was the problem that I heard some of it before. Although, I don't think so, because I still re-watch Why do I do this, Let it Go and You People are all the same and find it very funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->