Prospect Info: Bill Arnold, C, USHL (4th rd, 108 overall)

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
Not much discussion on this guy with all the attention going to Karlsson and Reinhart/Ramage.

Despite being picked up in the 4th round scouting services have Arnold ranked higher than any other player we picked this draft. (He was our only pick that was actually there to pick up a sweater). In fact, at 36th among NA skaters he's probably ranked higher than Chucko or Pelech were during their draft years. Anyone watch him play?

MarcPiquesFan

Oct 12, 2009
Hull
Have you any idea of where he'll play next season? Cause the Gatineau Olympiques have his rights in the CHL, so I was wondering if you guys have heard anything on his choice.

BTW, a lot of people told me he's a very good player. I think Calgary did a great choice by drafting him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Have you any idea of where he'll play next season? Cause the Gatineau Olympiques have his rights in the CHL, so I was wondering if you guys have heard anything on his choice.

BTW, a lot of people told me he's a very good player. I think Calgary did a great choice by drafting him.

He will be attending Boston College next year.

BTW, sorry about editing your post. I meant to quote it and I accidentally hit the edit and save buttons. Still kind of new to this :help:.

JorgeRocks!

May 31, 2006
According to my draft issue from the Hockey News, seems the kid was expected to be a star from very young, and conditioning was/is an issue. He is apparantly a moose on the puck, and was ranked 52nd by ISS, so a late second rounder by some. 23 points in 26 games is quite alright, and him and Zucker seem like the two big forwards out of the US U-18 team. Very happy with that pick. Will work under the incomparable Mike Boyle at Boston College, so I think his conditioningwill not be much of an issue soon

flames123

Oct 21, 2009
Kelowna
According to my draft issue from the Hockey News, seems the kid was expected to be a star from very young, and conditioning was/is an issue. He is apparantly a moose on the puck, and was ranked 52nd by ISS, so a late second rounder by some. 23 points in 26 games is quite alright, and him and Zucker seem like the two big forwards out of the US U-18 team. Very happy with that pick. Will work under the incomparable Mike Boyle at Boston College, so I think his conditioningwill not be much of an issue soon

Really? Button at the draft talked like he was just a very strong physical guy without a lot of fat but was cutting down weight to improve skating. He said Byfuglien is a big guy, but Arnold is more muscle.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
What do u guys see Arnold as long term? Will he even make the NHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00