Movies: Bill and Ted Face the Music

Buddlee

Apr 15, 2018
Great News!
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/pic.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/pic.png

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Rufus is dead

True. RIP George Carlin

Pretty cool, I guess. It will be interesting to see where they take the third one.

P.S. San Dimas High School was our rival high school. I was at the Sheriff's station in the movie more than I'd would have liked. Real. However, the water park in the movie is not Raging Waters in San Dimas for most of it. It was some waterpark in Mesa.

P.P.S San Dimas High School football rules. Not really. We beat them and we sucked. We were in the wrong conference, against much larger schools, when I was in school. We won the football Smudgepot and the Soccer Smudgepot trophy as well. So there.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
We have a more heinous problem than the funny dead dude. How can there be another excellent adventure through time when phone booths are extinct? Without a phone booth, there can't be a most triumphant return!

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
We have a more heinous problem than the funny dead dude. How can there be another excellent adventure through time when phone booths are extinct? Without a phone booth, there can't be a most triumphant return!

DW has milked the phone box since the 60's, and there's no stopping that train.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
..phone booths are extinct? Without a phone booth, there can't be a most triumphant return!

Yeah, phone booths are obsolete. And it was funny when the characters were clueless teenagers. Reeves is in his mid 50 now.. just seems pointless & belated to see the Wyld Stallions now.
As stupid as the concept of this sequel is, I'll probably feel obligated to see it..

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
DW has milked the phone box since the 60's, and there's no stopping that train.

I don't have the foggiest idea of what you're saying. Then again, I was inspired to re-watch the first two movies tonight and I'm pretty sure that they lowered my IQ.

That was probably the first time in 20 years that I watched them. They're still fun, even if they're horribly dated. The first has the better story, but the second easily has the most and best laughs. While watching the first, I thought that the girl who played Joan of Arc was Winona Ryder, but it turns out that it was a different actress who's a dead ringer for her.

Last edited:

islesmb

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2007
Myrtle Beach, SC (from Bellmore)
I don't have the foggiest idea of what you're saying. Then again, I was inspired to re-watch the first two movies tonight and I'm pretty sure that they lowered my IQ.

That was probably the first time in 20 years that I watched them. They're still fun, even if they're horribly dated. The first has the better story, but the second easily has the most and best laughs. While watching the first, I thought that the girl who played Joan of Arc was Winona Ryder, but it turns out that it was a different actress who's a dead ringer for her.
It was Jane Wiedlin from the Go Go's.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Think this will be fun, but I’ve already found a problem just from watching the video...

They said they haven’t written the music that makes them great yet, and unites the world, etc.... and they are in their 50s... but when Rufus shows them their future album cover in the same clip, they are in their teens/20s...

Just saying...

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
One of the few sequels I'm really looking forward to. I think there's a lot of comedic potential in plugging adult Bill and Ted into the modern world. Plus it's the same writers of the first two and they've apparently been working on this script for at least 10 years, so I've got a lot of optimism.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
'Bill & Ted 3' is officially happening

Finally... finally... the most heinous injustice in Hollywood comes to and end. There will be a third Bill and Ted movie.

Excellent! :yo:

San Dimas high school football rules!

just for some context this is now the third time it has been confirmed. The first time was in August 2000 and then again in 2008

Until they start shooting--I am not holding my breath

Reeves has a lot of movies green lit--7 by my account Wick 3+4, The Modern Ocean which is set to start filming in October I think, Siberia which has just finished shooting, The Starling which start date keeps getting pushed backed, Rally Car --has the funding but the funding is based upon Reeves being involved and filmed in China, and he has a move either filmed right now called Destination Wedding which he co stars with Winonna Ryder due out in July but some site say it will be at September release

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Synopsis released today, gives me hope this could be good.

Bill and Ted were told at 16 that they were going to be the greatest people who ever lived. That they were gonna write a song that is going to save the world, and it hasn’t happened. And now they are middle-aged men. They’ve got wives who used to be princesses in medieval England who are now working double shifts at Denny’s, they’ve got teenagers that are about to leave home, money is tight, and they’ve been chasing this dream, writing song after song, when somebody from the future shows up and says, “You have 24 hours. The fate of all of space/time depends on it – and if it doesn’t happen now, it’s never gonna happen.” Bill and Ted are confused because they know they had to have written it, because after all the people in the future told them they did.. so they just must not have written it yet. So in their desperation they decide their only option is to go into the future – to when the have written it – and to steal it from themselves. What follows is a kind of utterly absurd, Christmas Carol-like journey through their lives past, present, and future. Their daughters (Bill has a daughter named Thea, Ted’s daughter is named Billie) are also very involved in trying to help them.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Bill and Ted were told at 16 that they were going to be the greatest people who ever lived. That they were gonna write a song that is going to save the world, and it hasn’t happened. And now they are middle-aged men. They’ve got wives who used to be princesses in medieval England who are now working double shifts at Denny’s, they’ve got teenagers that are about to leave home, money is tight, and they’ve been chasing this dream, writing song after song, when somebody from the future shows up and says, “You have 24 hours. The fate of all of space/time depends on it – and if it doesn’t happen now, it’s never gonna happen.” Bill and Ted are confused because they know they had to have written it, because after all the people in the future told them they did.. so they just must not have written it yet. So in their desperation they decide their only option is to go into the future – to when the have written it – and to steal it from themselves. What follows is a kind of utterly absurd, Christmas Carol-like journey through their lives past, present, and future. Their daughters (Bill has a daughter named Thea, Ted’s daughter is named Billie) are also very involved in trying to help them.

Most of that was known from the original article and video, but the bolded is new and the key plot point. That's golden because that's exactly what Bill and Ted would do. They may be 50 and have kids now, but they're just as lazy as ever and, instead of writing a single song that isn't bad, their solution essentially amounts to plagiarizing a paper, just like they would've done 30 years ago. I like it and that gives me hope that it'll still feel like a Bill and Ted movie, even though they're much, much older.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
giphy.gif

Reactions: Leonardo87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad