Status
Not open for further replies.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
TORRUS said:
http://www.eurohockey.net/players/show_player.cgi?serial=36323

I remember, yesterday or the day before you said to somebody something about doing the homework before being very ignorant and posting stupid things...

Please read your post once again and hopefully you will see how :biglaugh: it is! 0 goals and 21 assists???

Do your homework... ;)

Hmmm... This is interesting. Never followed Zherdev, never cared about him, but have used this:

http://www.metallurg.ru/base/player/1898/

So looks like one of us is using a wrong textbook for homework :dunno:

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Den said:
Hmmm... This is interesting. Never followed Zherdev, never cared about him, but have used this:

http://www.metallurg.ru/base/player/1898/

So looks like one of us is using a wrong textbook for homework :dunno:

Yeah, you...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=70844

http://www.russianprospects.com/public/profile.php?player_id=38

Well, I care about him and I follow him. Last year he was a force! Clicked on the line very well with Frolov. As for now he definitely deserves a spot on the roster.

Dogbert*

Nobody's mentioning Finland? They nearly stole one from Canada at the World Cup. If they get the goaltending they did back then in February (I'm envisioning a Kiprusoff/Lehtonen tandem... scary), they could really shock some teams.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Dogbert said:
Nobody's mentioning Finland? They nearly stole one from Canada at the World Cup. If they get the goaltending they did back then in February (I'm envisioning a Kiprusoff/Lehtonen tandem... scary), they could really shock some teams.

Apsolutely! In my opinion they are a strong contender. Czechs, Finns, Russians and Canadians are top 4 teams for me.

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
ice berg slim said:
other than italian women....nothing is stopping canada from gold.

Have you ever been to Italy? No offense to any Italians on this forum, but the women there are terribly bad looking. Not all of them, but a vast majority. I dont believe the women will be a big distraction for the Canadian team:)

Kenadyan

Jul 23, 2003
Asheboro, NC
Visit site
moneyp said:
What everyone forgets about the '02 Olympics is that Canada played like crap up until the medal round where they got a dream set of matchups in Finland and Belarus and finally brought out their best game for the gold medal game and the U.S. (who were the best team in the Olympics up to that point) didn't. If Sweden gets past Belarus or Russia beats Finland for the #2 spot in their bracket, I don't think Canada is even playing in the gold medal game.

I disagree. Canada started to gel (there's that team chemistry thing again) in the last game before the medal rounds -- they weren't playing like "crap" at the end of that last pre-medal round game.

I also think Sweden would have lost to Canada in the semi-finals. Sweden always looks good in the preliminary rounds and then implodes in the medal rounds. It just happened one game earlier than I would have thought (Belarus).

I also wouldn't call Finland a "dream" match-up in the quarterfinal. As I recall the final score was 2-1 Canada and both teams actually played very well in that game. The U.S. may not have gotten past Finland, IF they had had to play them.

But as they say, if "IF's" and "BUT's" were candy and nuts, we'd have Christmas all year round. ;)

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Den said:
Scarcely. There are like 10-15 wingers better than him.

Well, why don't you argument your statements? Go through ''Olympic thread'' on Russian board and you will see how all the people (who actually know something about him) have him on their rosters. After all, you don't care about him and you don't follow him so why would I take you seriously?

BTW, name me those 10-15 wingers!

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
TORRUS said:
After all, you don't care about him and you don't follow him so why would I take you seriously?

:dunno: Don't

TORRUS said:
BTW, name me those 10-15 wingers!

Mad Max
Kovy I
Kovy II
Semin
Morozov
Ovechkin
Frolov
Korolyuk
Sushinsky
Antipov
Mirnov
Samsonov
Kharitonov

Dont' take it personal, but as of now there's no chance in hell that he is playing in Turin, unless he leads the league in scoring ( :biglaugh: ) by Feb. or something of that order of magnitude

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
TORRUS said:
Well, I care about him and I follow him. Last year he was a force! Clicked on the line very well with Frolov. As for now he definitely deserves a spot on the roster.

I second that. Frolov and Zherdev should both play, and on the same line. Add some good center between the two. Fedorov or Yashin.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Den said:
:dunno: Don't

Mad Max
Kovy I
Kovy II
Semin
Morozov
Ovechkin
Frolov
Korolyuk
Sushinsky
Antipov
Mirnov
Samsonov
Kharitonov

Dont' take it personal, but as of now there's no chance in hell that he is playing in Turin, unless he leads the league in scoring ( :biglaugh: ) by Feb. or something of that order of magnitude

Is that some kind of stupid joke?

Kharitonov, Mirnov, Korolyuk, Antipov? Better than Zherdev? What?

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
roshiajin said:
Is that some kind of stupid joke?

Kharitonov, Mirnov, Korolyuk, Antipov? Better than Zherdev? What?

Is that some kind of stupid remark? What? Of course they are. I could have added Zatonsky, Nepryaev, Tkachenko and Prokopiev.

Preferences aside, the bottom line is that there will be already two guys whose main job is to pick the puck skate like crazy and try to score: Afinogenov and Kovy. Krikunov will never take another one. The team just does not need him, full stop. And that's why the list of guys who will be picked over him can go on.

Moreover, you don't mind the other 9 guys on my list and Kharitonov most likely will be there regardless of your or my preferences, so how in the world is he gonna beat them to the roster unless there are injuries?

polarslam

Apr 2, 2004
Winnipeg
I think Russia will be the next strongest team on paper after Canada, with the Czechs rounding out the elite top 3. After that the Finns look better than Swedes and Americans and than after that you have the also-rans like Latvia, Slovikia, Belerus etc.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
polarslam said:
I think Russia will be the next strongest team on paper after Canada, with the Czechs rounding out the elite top 3. After that the Finns look better than Swedes and Americans and than after that you have the also-rans like Latvia, Slovikia, Belerus etc.

Unfortunately there won't be Belarus. Kazakhstan, Switzerland, Latvia, Germany and Italy. Anyway, I agree with you.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
polarslam said:
Putting Belarus and Slovakia on one level is weird Id say.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Canada should IMO go 5-0 in the round Robin. They have Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Finalnd and the Czechs.

My prediction:
Can/Italy 9-0
Can/Swi 7-2
Can/Ger 4-1 (the Germans always play Canada tough, for some reason we never stomp them)

Can/Fin 4-2 (Kipper will keep it close)
Can/Cze 5-4 (might even end up in a tie, Canada never blows the Czechs out)

Now correct me if I'm wrong but that is the schedule for '06 right? USA, Russia, Sweden, Latvia, Kazakstan and Slovakia are in the other pool. So if that's true and Canada ends up 1st do they play the 4th place team in the other pool, say USA? I'm not sure how that goes anyone know?

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Big Phil said:
So if that's true and Canada ends up 1st do they play the 4th place team in the other pool, say USA? I'm not sure how that goes anyone know?

Yes, that's the system. First 4 teams qualify for the quarterfinals.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
This thread should be renamed to ''Biggest threat to Russia in Olympics''!!!

Fedorov, Khabibulin, Nabokov, Zubov, Mogilny! They all said yes!

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
TORRUS said:
This thread should be renamed to ''Biggest threat to Russia in Olympics''!!!

Fedorov, Khabibulin, Nabokov, Zubov, Mogilny! They all said yes!

Sure up front you guys have a good team if everyone plays, but Canada still beats Russia up front. Then dont get me going on the defense you're going to have. Khabibulin is very good though I'll give you that. He'd better be looking like Terry Sawchuk for Russia to win though.

Here's an interesting fact though. The last time Russia beat Canada was at Game 1 of the '87 Canada Cup finals. Since then Canada is 4-0-1 in best on bst competition.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Big Phil said:
Sure up front you guys have a good team if everyone plays, but Canada still beats Russia up front. Then dont get me going on the defense you're going to have. Khabibulin is very good though I'll give you that. He'd better be looking like Terry Sawchuk for Russia to win though.

Here's an interesting fact though. The last time Russia beat Canada was at Game 1 of the '87 Canada Cup finals. Since then Canada is 4-0-1 in best on bst competition.

That is about to change very soon... :teach:

Marcus-74

Apr 27, 2005
Nothing against Canada, but...

I HOPE RUSSIA WILL THOROUGHLY KICK THEIR BUTTS! :yo:

International hockey needs to get exciting again... it´s been Canada´s "playground" for too long now.

And Krikunov, Mikhailov and Yurzinov on Russia´s coaching staff = BEAUTIFUL! My only worry is Boris Mikhailov, though. He has had his troubles with the NHL players in the past and, at times, it looked to me like he was the one in charge (and not Krikunov) during the last WCs...

But no need for suspicions now; GO RUSSIA GO!!!! And I hope Finland does well too.

Last edited:

espo*

Big Phil said:
Canada should IMO go 5-0 in the round Robin. They have Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Finalnd and the Czechs.

My prediction:
Can/Italy 9-0
Can/Swi 7-2
Can/Ger 4-1 (the Germans always play Canada tough, for some reason we never stomp them)

Can/Fin 4-2 (Kipper will keep it close)
Can/Cze 5-4 (might even end up in a tie, Canada never blows the Czechs out)

Now correct me if I'm wrong but that is the schedule for '06 right? USA, Russia, Sweden, Latvia, Kazakstan and Slovakia are in the other pool. So if that's true and Canada ends up 1st do they play the 4th place team in the other pool, say USA? I'm not sure how that goes anyone know?
We blow the Czechs out the odd time but not often,they are too good for that.We put a spanking on them at the world's 3 years back.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Canada is highly overrated. Something natural granted that there's a majority of Canadians here, but let's face facts : in 2 Olympics, Canada played about 2 convincing games, both vs the USA btw.
It's not the World Cup, therefore Canada's play will more resemble that of the WCH'05 than the World Cup 04. And I'm still convinced that Canada is weak when playing outside North America. All I ask is to be proven wrong, but I think this team could finish anywhere in the top 5.

OK I'm outta here before somebody punches me in the face.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
roshiajin said:
Canada is highly overrated. Something natural granted that there's a majority of Canadians here, but let's face facts : in 2 Olympics, Canada played about 2 convincing games, both vs the USA btw.
It's not the World Cup, therefore Canada's play will more resemble that of the WCH'05 than the World Cup 04. And I'm still convinced that Canada is weak when playing outside North America. All I ask is to be proven wrong, but I think this team could finish anywhere in the top 5.

OK I'm outta here before somebody punches me in the face.

I think you're way off. The WCH was just a terrible team that nobody had played since a whole year before, and we had basically our B squad there, and we did get beaten by the Czechs pretty bad, but they had pretty well their A team, that had played all year.

Not to mention that the 06 team will be far and away more talented than the 02 team, and maybe even better than the 05 World Cup team.

Not to mention Canada was playing very very well in the 98 olympics before losing to the Czechs in the shootout, we were 4-0 at that point.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if Canada is overrated, what does that make everyone else. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad