Biggest steal of the 1st round...2004 draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
littleHossa said:
Weren't Nokelainen and Korpikoski on the same line in the WJC? I think they were on the 3rd, while Tukonen was on the 1st.

I'm not sure, but I'm pretty certain that all three had 11 points in 6 games. I heard alot of Korpikoski and Tukonen, prior to the draft, but very little of Nokelainen.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
montreal said:
Tukonen played on the team last year while Nokelainen and Korpikoski didn't, so I don't know what you mean by saying Nokelainen is on the junior team and the others aren't. All 3 will be there in decemeber I would think.

Last year, under 18's, all three had a great tournament. This year, Nokey and Tuko are on the juniors (under 20) and I'm not sure where Korpi is.

All things aside, I'm confident that all three will do well. I read that Nokelainen was getting minutes on the pk in the senior league, while Tukonen wasn't. The scouting reports that I read stated that Nokelainen was more of a complete player, while the other 2 had higher offensive upsides.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
parrish11d said:
Far to early to tell.It is mostly just who you think will prevail to work out.I think it will turn out to be Lukas Kaspar.

Well, It's what I was going to write, almost word for word.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
littleHossa said:
Weren't Nokelainen and Korpikoski on the same line in the WJC? I think they were on the 3rd, while Tukonen was on the 1st.

No, that was the U-18's. Tukonen was the only one of the three to play in the WJC's.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
isle-ike-it-alot said:
Forwards (WJC)

Nokelainen-Filppula-Bergenheim
Töykkälä-Immonen-Marjamäki
Tukonen-Kontiola-Oksa
Petrell-Piispanen-Nurmi

i apologize, Tukonen is on the team. teach me to believe hearsay.

Korpikoski...on which men's team?

anyway, my point was that Nokelainen is a soild prospect who gets little respect.

and JNR, stick it out your a**. a**hole.

ouch!

It would help if you had your facts correct. Nokelainen has not played on the wjc team yet. He did take part in the tournament between Finland, Sweden and USA team A and team B. Tukonen was the only one of the three to play in the wjc's, as Nokelainen and Korpikoski were on the U-18 team last year. This year, I would expect all 3 to be on Team Finland's wjc team, but until they are officially on the roster, both Nokelainen have to make the team first. I doubt it will be a problem for either, but someone who follows the Finnish team can add more or correct anything wrong I've said, since I don't follow any of these players.

This is also a warnig for positing "a**. a**hole", which is not allowed on this site.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
montreal said:
It would help if you had your facts correct. Nokelainen has not played on the wjc team yet. He did take part in the tournament between Finland, Sweden and USA team A and team B. Tukonen was the only one of the three to play in the wjc's, as Nokelainen and Korpikoski were on the U-18 team last year. This year, I would expect all 3 to be on Team Finland's wjc team, but until they are officially on the roster, both Nokelainen have to make the team first. I doubt it will be a problem for either, but someone who follows the Finnish team can add more or correct anything wrong I've said, since I don't follow any of these players.

This is also a warnig for positing "a**. a**hole", which is not allowed on this site.

You may want to take some of your own advice and get your facts straight. Nokelainen did play play on the junior team last yr. Korpikoski didn't.

NYRangers posted that Korpikoski is on the 'mens team' ??? :dunno:

JNRHockeyGuru insulted me and I should've just called him an idiot instead of almost swearing.

:shakehead

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
isle-ike-it-alot said:
You may want to take some of your own advice and get your facts straight. Nokelainen did play play on the junior team last yr. Korpikoski didn't.

NYRangers posted that Korpikoski is on the 'mens team' ??? :dunno:

JNRHockeyGuru insulted me and I should've just called him an idiot instead of almost swearing.

:shakehead

Nokelainen did not play on the wjc team last year. I can send you tapes of Finlands games and you can see for yourself.

Randall Graves*

Theres a reason Tukonen and Schremp fell as far as they did.

This draft was a crap shoot, I think Minnesota did well getting Thelen.

Senor Rational

Feb 11, 2004
St. Louis
Back to the subject...

Id say Mike Green and Lauri Tokenen. Schremp and Shwartz deserve honorable mentions.

IMO in Greene gets a bit bigger and stronger he could be a number 1 dman. All of his scouting reports look like Jackman's was a few years ago, except that Jackman is better in his own zone and Greene is better in the O-zone

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
isle-ike-it-alot said:
I'm not sure, but I'm pretty certain that all three had 11 points in 6 games. I heard alot of Korpikoski and Tukonen, prior to the draft, but very little of Nokelainen.

They all three played together, and each ended up with 11 pts. in 6 games.

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003
Russian_fanatic said:
Chipchura got what Kesler got in the 2003 draft. They don't posses offensive talent or atleast not much, but they're GREAT(Imagine Tony the Tiger ;)) defensively.
Ya very good comparison only i like Chipchura a tad more due to his size and physical department. both will IMO great Thrid/Second line players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->