Biggest steal of the 1st round...2004 draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Who was the biggest steal of the 1st round...2004 draft?

IMO...

Schwarz
Tukonen
Schremp
Meszaros

Taking into consideration what the team that drafted them was in fact in need of most at the time of their pick!

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Puckhead said:

IMO...

Schwarz
Tukonen
Schremp
Meszaros

Taking into consideration what the team that drafted them was in fact in need of most at the time of their pick!

I would single it out to:

1. Schremp
2. Schwarz

I think these two are about equal in ability at their positions and teams are going to be beating their heads on these two. IMO I really think Schwarz is better than Montoya, I really don't see much more upside in Montoya I think he will get better but I don't think he has as high of a talent level as Schwarz.

guitaraholic*

OneSpeedOnly said:
Soderberg? Or did he fall to the 2nd?

Blues drafted him in the 2nd round, 49th overall, if I recall correctly. I hope that he, Schwarz and Alexandrov who the Blues got in the 3rd round *all* turn out to be the 'steals' of the draft. They stand pretty good chances, from what I've read and heard.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Considering Shremp is seen by most as one of the most offensively gifted pure-goal scorers behind Ovechkin and Malkin, and he slipped to 25, Id have to say Shremp, Hes got all the tools to prove his critics wrong.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
Schremp.

To get a guy with that kind of offensive talent with Edmonton's late pick is amazing.

db23

Kyle Chipchura who was rated the top North American prospect by Central Scouting prior to injuring his groin in January. Barker and Ladd went # 3 and #4 overall, but Chipchura was considered a better prospect than either for most of the year. Kyle came back from an injury in 2 weeks that sidelines most players for months. Johann Fransson opted out of the draft a year ago with the same injury becuase it ruined his draft rating.

Old Hickory

blitzkriegs said:
How is it a 'steal' when NONE of the players have not played ONE NHL game?

The only indicator is NHL success. Not gobs of points in juniors, strong play at WJC, WC, etc...
Thank you

db23

blitzkriegs said:
How is it a 'steal' when NONE of the players have not played ONE NHL game?

The only indicator is NHL success. Not gobs of points in juniors, strong play at WJC, WC, etc...
Why would you bother belonging to these boards if you feel that way?
It's kind of like saying there is no point in having a weather channel because you will never know if their predictions are right or not until the weather actually happens.

guitaraholic*

db23 said:
Why would you bother belonging to these boards if you feel that way?
It's kind of like saying there is no point in having a weather channel because you will never know if their predictions are right or not until the weather actually happens.

:yo:

HockeyMan9

Jul 1, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
I know one thing, It's not Alexandre Picard, Columbus chose a LW even though Thelen was still on the board and we have to of the best young LWs in the league in Nash and Zherdev, mabey Doug will prove me wrong with this pick, but so far i don't like it.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
The biggest steal of the draft is Marek Schwarz IMO. Andrej Meszaros is a close second.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
Puckhead said:

IMO...

Schwarz
Tukonen
Schremp
Meszaros

I agree, but I'd change Meszaros for Thelen who at number 12 should have gone Higher IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->