Biggest Rival?

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
From the bottom of the hardest of a hardcore Flyers fan's heart, I want all you Penguins fans to know that I love you. Hating you makes life worth living.

I became a huge Neal fan last year. Even though we were beating you, I was extremely jealous that he was on your team instead of ours, and a recent addition at that. When he and Asham brutalized our players, I didn't get very angry. In a weird way it made me happy. I must have known on some level what a great thing it would start.

The most entertaining thing to happen to North American sports in a long time. Here's to playing hockey this season. And to blood. Lots and lots of blood.

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
From the bottom of the hardest of a hardcore Flyers fan's heart, I want all you Penguins fans to know that I love you. Hating you makes life worth living.

I became a huge Neal fan last year. Even though we were beating you, I was extremely jealous that he was on your team instead of ours, and a recent addition at that. When he and Asham brutalized our players, I didn't get very angry. In a weird way it made me happy. I must have known on some level what a great thing it would start.

The most entertaining thing to happen to North American sports in a long time. Here's to playing hockey this season. And to blood. Lots and lots of blood.

You could have just offered to buy one of us a drink...

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Both sides agree their biggest rivalry is each other. As for all fans of any team being one way or another, well, let me just say that the really knowledgeable hardcore hockey fans, like some on this site, are in the big minority. Most other hockey "fans" either claim to be big fans without knowing much by either idiocy or a real lack of time to dedicate to keeping up with the sport.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA

Haha, nice. Rivalries are great. They help make a sport enjoyable. And we certainly have a great rivalry.

When things get "too stupid" between fans, I just tune that stuff out. It doesn't serve a purpose when it is over the top.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Fair enough. The Flyers, like the Rangers, rarely make Cup Finals and almost never win.

They probably shouldn't compare themselves to a franchise with 3 Cups in the last 22 years.

eight times and four of them since Mario appeared. i hate 'em as much as the next guy but come on. in fact that's part of their "hate-appeal," they've come so close so many times. it's hard to hate a team that isn't very good.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
eight times and four of them since Mario appeared. i hate 'em as much as the next guy but come on. in fact that's part of their "hate-appeal," they've come so close so many times. it's hard to hate a team that isn't very good.

Excellent point. This is why the Baltimore Ravens have taken over the Browns spot in most of the Steeler fan hate list. There really is no victory in beating a team that expects to lose.

Knocking the Flyers out of the playoffs will always be good times, but knocking them out in a year they legitimately think the have a chance to win the Cup is extra special. Knocking the Flyers out of the playoffs on the way to knocking out the Caps, on the way to winning a Stanley Cup will be hard to top, because you know it still burns over there on the East side of the state.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->