Biggest Names Going Undrafted

The Saw Is the Law

Jul 31, 2010
Konstantin Komarek undrafter? WTF guy played in Elitserien 19 regular season games and 12 playoff games. Last years WJC he scored 5 goals in 6 games...

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
I thought Matej Machovsky and Mike Morrison would go in this draft. I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the NHL before some that were picked this weekend.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
I wish Ottawa drafted some of these guys instead of wasting four picks on fighters in the USHL and WHL. I know they didn't waste them but they could've been used better.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Did Jonathan Parker get drafted? I know he was a '91 who had a big breakout year. I kind of wanted Detroit to pick him up and plug him into the AHL next season. I've read he has a great shot. Worthy camp invite?

E-Mac

Apr 27, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Sometimes the scouts have off ice intel the rest of us are not privy to making it a shocker non selection when considering on ice performance only.

I sure hope there's something to it and it isn't just a big oversight. Keeping my fingers crossed someone invites him to camp, kid deserves a shot.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Well, from the last U-18:
Yarullin stats: 7 GP, 11 Pts (2nd of all D-men), +12 (best of tournament)
Nesterov stats: 7 GP, 4 Pts, +11
Pedan stats: 6 GP, 2 Pts, +4

His stats is result of playing behind Kucherov, Grigorenko and Yakupov.
You can´t evaluate prospects by their stats.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Did Jonathan Parker get drafted? I know he was a '91 who had a big breakout year. I kind of wanted Detroit to pick him up and plug him into the AHL next season. I've read he has a great shot. Worthy camp invite?
Nope.

Went from like like 4 points to 80-something points I think. Crazy.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Not end of world for kids undrafted

Will get invites to prospect camps and have possibility to sign ELC there

Ex. JP Anderson

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Not end of world for kids undrafted

Will get invites to prospect camps and have possibility to sign ELC there

Ex. JP Anderson

This is a good point. I actually think it can be a positive motivator for them as well, aka I'll show you.

I've already read about a couple Greyhounds (Kantor&Miller) getting invites to LAK training camp. I've been scouring the net trying to find similar news, but I suppose it is a little early.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

I believe Parker has one more year of eligability left.

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
This is a good point. I actually think it can be a positive motivator for them as well, aka I'll show you.

I've already read about a couple Greyhounds (Kantor&Miller) getting invites to LAK training camp. I've been scouring the net trying to find similar news, but I suppose it is a little early.

Many camps start today and tomorrow, many others start July 5 and July 11.
Rosters are on the team sites.

Rshields

Oct 23, 2009
Hey RS, I'm a blades follower (also avs fan too, pumped about the Siemens pick) but I know you see them play a whole lot more. Why do you think Benson's stock fell so much? He was a high bantam pick, I know his couple seasons with the blades haven't gone quite as well as was expected but I thought he would for sure still go in round 5 or 6. Think he'll pick up his game more when a few of the older guys are gone next season?

I'm going to throw in a little background here as I watched Benson some as a Bantam.
Benson played Bantam on a very strong Weyburn team. 94's Taylor Balog and Derrick Pouliot play on the same team. They were an awesome team as all thee were above average talent and much bigger than average for that age group. Big kids that could play!
It appears they were all early maturing. Benson and Pouliot have grown very little and Balog, once touted as top 3 in the bantam draft, was still playing Midget last year.
I just can't see Benson's type of game translating to the NHL level.
Unless he can put together the breakout year everyone has been waiting for he will play minor pro.
Jesse Forsbeg was another I watched a fair bit. I was disappointed to see he didn't get it together better this year. I wonder if he shouldn't leave the fighting to someone else as it may be distracting him as far as developing the rest of his game?
It will be Interesting to see if it puts a fire under brother Alex, as he also had a disappointing year.

TheHockeyAdvisor*

Wow...I guess the last 24 hours have been one big nightmare for this guy.

Because he went undrafted the 2nd time around, he now has the ability to sign with any team he seems fit. A better choice in my opinion than trying to break that Duck's roster.

TheHockeyAdvisor*

I'm going to throw in a little background here as I watched Benson some as a Bantam.
Benson played Bantam on a very strong Weyburn team. 94's Taylor Balog and Derrick Pouliot play on the same team. They were an awesome team as all thee were above average talent and much bigger than average for that age group. Big kids that could play!
It appears they were all early maturing. Benson and Pouliot have grown very little and Balog, once touted as top 3 in the bantam draft, was still playing Midget last year.
I just can't see Benson's type of game translating to the NHL level.
Unless he can put together the breakout year everyone has been waiting for he will play minor pro.

Jesse Forsbeg was another I watched a fair bit. I was disappointed to see he didn't get it together better this year. I wonder if he shouldn't leave the fighting to someone else as it may be distracting him as far as developing the rest of his game?
It will be Interesting to see if it puts a fire under brother Alex, as he also had a disappointing year.

I think this is one of the stupidest comments I've ever read, then it continued onto a second line. He is a '93 playing in the WHL - no one knows how any of these kids game will translate at an NHL level.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
kind of shocked that Adam Reid -USNDP, and Craig Duininck -Windsor didnt get drafted.

Reid is a big bodied power forward that actually has some solid hands. At 6'4 and 209lbs, I figured someone would take a chance on this kid. Played with McColgan and Grimaldi on the Selects team years back and I figured he would go no lower then the 5th round. Kind of surprised for Adam Reid.

As for Craig Duininck, solid size and offensive ability, nothing out of this world, but surely good enough to get drafted at some point. I am kind of shocked that he didnt get picked up while so many unproven US Highschoolers did. Very strange to say the least. I know many OHL followers had Duininck getting drafted, wonder what possible issue there could have been on this kid.

Rshields

Oct 23, 2009
I think this is one of the stupidest comments I've ever read, then it continued onto a second line. He is a '93 playing in the WHL - no one knows how any of these kids game will translate at an NHL level.
I thought that was why the teams spend the big buck on scouting?
Seems none of them saw an NHL style game there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad