Biggest Names Going Undrafted

Trunz05

Dec 2, 2010
Didn't people think that Myles Bell had a chance to sneak into the first round before his accident? Honestly I reallllllllllly hope he is invited to the leafs camp like Crescenzi last year.

Lisa Needs Braces

Apr 7, 2004
Myles Bell was understandably undrafted. He got into an accident while drunk and killed his passenger. I'm not sure but he may get jail time. Even if he doesn't and is mentally capable of playing hockey again, it will be hard pressed for a junior team to take a chance on him.

Once he gets everything in his life sorted out and shows that he still has NHL potential, he might get drafted next year or the year after.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Is Scott Oke related to anyone at CSS, by chance? Ranked 44th NA skater after putting up 10 points on a stacked team (I know points aren't his game, but still), a ranking I never saw backed up by any other scouting service, and proceeds to go undrafted.

Hawktopus

Sep 12, 2010
Ben Conz wasn't selected in this or last year's NHL draft but he was selected by St. Petersberg in the 2010 KHL draft.

Think he's going to the KHL?

Superdowney

Dec 28, 2009
St. Johns, NL
Ben Conz wasn't selected in this or last year's NHL draft but he was selected by St. Petersberg in the 2010 KHL draft.

Think he's going to the KHL?

He's going to have to for now. That's the next highest level hockey he can access. I have no doubt we'll see him in the NHL eventually, I'm just wondering why nobody took him now.

Also, not exactly a big name: but the other Westerholm twin didn't get taken. One of them was taken by VAN the other went undrafted...

What a nightmare for the family! :shakehead

E-Mac

Apr 27, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I don't understand how Stastny got passed over again. Maybe this speaks to why I'll never be a scout, but I would've nabbed him in the top half of the draft.

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
He's going to have to for now. That's the next highest level hockey he can access. I have no doubt we'll see him in the NHL eventually, I'm just wondering why nobody took him now.

Also, not exactly a big name: but the other Westerholm twin didn't get taken. One of them was taken by VAN the other went undrafted...

What a nightmare for the family! :shakehead

I think they're quite a way apart in terms of talent.

JawandaPuck

Lost Art of Dynasty
Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
I don't understand how Stastny got passed over again. Maybe this speaks to why I'll never be a scout, but I would've nabbed him in the top half of the draft.

Sometimes the scouts have off ice intel the rest of us are not privy to making it a shocker non selection when considering on ice performance only.

My "surprise" non selection was JF Leblanc...not even a 7th rdr on an impressive set of tools awaiting some team's toolbox.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->