Biggest Moves Made Already

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Very simple question... have the Flyers made their biggest move(s) (Streit, Vinny, Giroux) we will see before the beginning of training camp or is there another big or bigger card up Holmgren's sleeve?

For the purposes of this thread, let's define biggest as "most impactful on the 2013 season" so we can at least be talking in the same terms. Examples of big moves that could qualify... trading roster assets for Miller, Pietrangelo, Ryan, etc.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Everything seems to be lining up for something here. I can't tell you what, but with the cap space and already so many players on the active roster without a goalie, I feel like they have to be up to something. So many centers signed also. Going to be interesting month I feel.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I think so. They'll make some more moves, I'm sure, but I think the biggest moves have been made.

funghoul

Pejorative Sluro montalbon
Jul 14, 2010
upper drugs
Honestly, who the f knows

haha, really. i was just lookin at some old trades and its funny how teams used to always have to swap like 3 or 4 players to make an impact in a trade. remember we had jari kurri for a second? then traded him for dushesne? That trade yesterday with dallas was like an old school trade. it would F me up now if we did one of those.

Unstable

Apr 26, 2006
Exiled in NoVA
We need to add a winger and a goalie and drop a few defensemen, but I think the roster is close to set, and I am quite happy with it. Really think it could be a great year.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Absolutely not. Something significant is going to happen, the moves made already have been too perplexing to think that we're done.

SgtJoseph*

It will be interesting because I am one of the few who honestly thinks the only problem with our D is health, all the other talk about our D not having talent and sucking is nonsense. If Homer and crew know that one or 2 of our D men are not going to be ready to go this year then I see Homer going nuclear today and it will be worth watching the NHL channel .......Its pouring rain here in Destin Florida, has been for 3 days, and will be until Tuesday, so I will be playing my Martin Guitar a little and watching the NHL channel coverage of Free agency . Good luck Homer ! LOL

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
It will be interesting because I am one of the few who honestly thinks the only problem with our D is health, all the other talk about our D not having talent and sucking is nonsense. If Homer and crew know that one or 2 of our D men are not going to be ready to go this year then I see Homer going nuclear today and it will be worth watching the NHL channel .......Its pouring rain here in Destin Florida, has been for 3 days, and will be until Tuesday, so I will be playing my Martin Guitar a little and watching the NHL channel coverage of Free agency . Good luck Homer ! LOL

What model Martin do you have? I have a Clapton signature, and its the most incredible acoustic ive ever played. not the Brazilian rosewood model, the Indian rosewood one though. Smells like a cigar too.

Unstable

Apr 26, 2006
Exiled in NoVA
I just don't see what the move would be. Assuming Emery does in fact sign, what do we still need? We have a log jam at D, but none of them are assets and most will be waived or perhaps traded for picks. Our forwards are solid but we don't have the depth to bundle a bunch of them and get an upgrade elsewhere and not suffer at all.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
I really don't know, I'd be happy if he just signed Emery and stopped right there. Solid roster. But you never know what Holmgren is planning...

SgtJoseph*

What model Martin do you have? I have a Clapton signature, and its the most incredible acoustic ive ever played. not the Brazilian rosewood model, the Indian rosewood one though. Smells like a cigar too.

I have a D-35 model. hit an E chord on it at the music store years ago then without hesitation I told the sales guy I will take it ! LOL Lots of bottom in it for sure.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I have a D-35 model. hit an E chord on it at the music store years ago then without hesitation I told the sales guy I will take it ! LOL Lots of bottom in it for sure.

Yeah their dreads have a ton of bottom end. I'm a much bigger fan of 000 style bodies, because I'm more of a fingerpicker, but you really can't go wrong with any Martin stuff. A buddy of mine has an old d-30 from the 70s, and the sound has so much character it's insane

SgtJoseph*

Yeah their dreads have a ton of bottom end. I'm a much bigger fan of 000 style bodies, because I'm more of a fingerpicker, but you really can't go wrong with any Martin stuff. A buddy of mine has an old d-30 from the 70s, and the sound has so much character it's insane

Just stringed it up with a set of Martin SP " life span" strings............WOW ! These strings I guess are Martins answer to Elixer strings, they sound fantastic !

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Just stringed it up with a set of Martin SP " life span" strings............WOW ! These strings I guess are Martins answer to Elixer strings, they sound fantastic !

Yeah the life spans are really good quality strings, but you can't beat DR phosphor bronze. I suggest trying them out if you haven't before! You'll be hooked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad