Biggest hockey town right now

Which city bleeds hockey the most right now

• Total voters

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Why is it not the Mecca for hockey? Look at how many NHL players southern Ontario produces vs any other region in the world.

I say this as someone from Vancouver who’s lived in BC my whole life.

More than 1/3 of Canada's population lives in southern Ontario. Of course they have a ton of fans and produce a ton of players. They also have a lot more people that don't give a shat about hockey, probably more proportionally than any other part of the country.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
More than 1/3 of Canada's population lives in southern Ontario. Of course they have a ton of fans and produce a ton of players. They also have a lot more people that don't give a shat about hockey, probably more proportionally than any other part of the country.
True. A hard core Leaf fan pointed this out to me.Watch their games on TV. 1ST period starts seats are full. Period ends. 2nd period starts hell half the seats in the lower bowl especially behind the Leafs bench area is empty for the first 5 minutes of the game.Real fans eh.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I guess Toronto.

Montreal doesn't really "bleed" hockey these days. A lot of fans are frustrated with team/results. We're still probably an easy #2 but - come playoffs if we qualify and win a round or 2 and seem to have a chance, Montreal would be #1 by default. It's just been a bit quiet past few years.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Habs, Leafs then Oilers.

The rest are not comparable in my opinion. Oilers might be one of the smallest markets but because of our history the flames and jets simply can not compare. Closest team to the 06 as you can get.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Edmonton or Winnipeg. We bleed hockey.

Toronto has the largest number of fans, but per capita isn't anywhere near Edmonton / Winnipeg / Calgary.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
What the hell are the bottom 4 team doing on this list But Boston, NY, Philly, and Minny are nowhere to be found?

Reactions: Trap Jesus

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
No
Hockey is hockey in Toronto
Habs are a religion in Montreal.

True. A hard core Leaf fan pointed this out to me.Watch their games on TV. 1ST period starts seats are full. Period ends. 2nd period starts hell half the seats in the lower bowl especially behind the Leafs bench area is empty for the first 5 minutes of the game.Real fans eh.

At least Toronto can sell out their arena, unlike Montreal.

Some religion.

2018-2019 NHL Attendance - National Hockey League - ESPN

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Why is it not the Mecca for hockey? Look at how many NHL players southern Ontario produces vs any other region in the world.

Saskatchewan produces more hockey players per capital than any other place in the world. Also no Toronto is not the hockey Mecca, the main media is in Toronto because Montreal is a French city. But don’t kid yourself Montreal is purest city in terms of hockey and passion.

Trocity

Nov 24, 2016
"for hockey"... no. For Leafs yes.

I lived in Toronto for 10+ years - nobody seems to care about hockey outside of the Leafs. Folks there barely can name players on Western teams.

Even if that is true, it's no different in Montreal.

Who is the best hockey town right now iyo? Edmonton?

I have friends who live there and they say the city is bonkers about hockey.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies

In fact Saskatchewan is the breadbasket of hockey and produces more players per capita then anywhere else by almost double {at least based on the most recent #'s I've seen}.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Bell capacity 21273
Average attendance this season. 21302

Scotia bank capacity 19800
Average attendance this season.-19503
Now what were you saying?:laugh:

Check your numbers again before doubling down on being wrong. Thanks.

Better yet, I'd suggest quitting while you're behind.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Last edited:
Reactions: Gravity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad