Biggest freak of nature to hit the NHL this year

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Where is all of this Mikhnov talk coming from? He's not rated very highly by HFs,...why all the hype?

Mostly from reports of him improving as a player.

Oh, and that one video that was posted here a while ago where he looked like a bigger version of Ales Hemsky.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Ol' Nessy is finally making his way towards the frozen tundra of Edmonton. I think he'll start the year with the Oilers but I believe it will be in a third of fourth line role due to the depth of Edmonton.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
full.getty-71674353cp008_nhl_player_pr_4_19_32_pm.jpg

I mean...look at it...that can't be human.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
I say it should be the Ukrainian Mikhnov. 6 foot 5 230lbs and can't speak a word of english.

Why's that a freak of nature? Pretty much describes Bertuzzi, doesn't it?(Well, the size part anyways)

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
It's a little known fact that Alexei Mikhnov's sweat glands produce a powerful aphrodesiac with only minor side effects...they've been making fat coin off it in Russia for years, that's why it's taken so long to get him over here.

Also, his distilled urine cures baldness and kicks *** at fighting gingivitis.

Freak of nature, indeed. :thumbu:

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
search for his highlight video... It's totally awesome. I don't put too much stock of those vids, but the guy has obvious top-end skills.
The funny thing is that I can make any prospect look like somewhat of a star with a quick series of clips of him. What interests Oilers fans a lot about Mikhnov is two things: One, the fact that he has such good hands while being an absolute monster and two, the fact that members of the Oilers organization have really been hyping him over the past couple of years.

He really broke out in the Russian playoffs and he carried that over to the World Championships where he put up 4 goals and 2 assists in 7 games (good for third on the team in scoring behind only Malkin and Ovechkin and tied with Semin). Most have no clue how he'll turn out but we're just excited to finally get a chance to see him. He definitely has an intriguing package of skills and size that couple make him a solid player in a few years.

Towmater14

Sep 17, 2005
OIL COUNTRY
The funny thing is that I can make any prospect look like somewhat of a star with a quick series of clips of him. What interests Oilers fans a lot about Mikhnov is two things: One, the fact that he has such good hands while being an absolute monster and two, the fact that members of the Oilers organization have really been hyping him over the past couple of years.

He really broke out in the Russian playoffs and he carried that over to the World Championships where he put up 4 goals and 2 assists in 7 games (good for third on the team in scoring behind only Malkin and Ovechkin and tied with Semin). Most have no clue how he'll turn out but we're just excited to finally get a chance to see him. He definitely has an intriguing package of skills and size that couple make him a solid player in a few years.

Cerebral, I totally agree with you on every aspect here. A highlight video can make an average player look like an all-star. However, this highlight video was made from one tournament. To find that much impressive video from one tourny is IMO outstanding.
For those who have not already seen it..keep in mind that the footage was all from last years worlds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AYdzf4nC0g

On the radio this morning they said that he was practicing with the Russians in Chicago and he WILL be making his way over here for rookie camp. I am very excited to see him in the bigs.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
If anything it'll be interesting if he makes the team and his centerman Taratukhin makes the Flames.

jcoldwell

Aug 11, 2004
Yeah so, he is 6'5" 235lbs

I am 6'3" 230lbs, does that mean I am a freak of nature too.

Bertuzzi (6'3" 245lbs), Laraque (6'3" 245lbs), Lindros (6'4" 240lbs), Antropov (6'6" 230lbs), Derek Boogaard (6'7" 270lbs), Daze (6'6" 230lbs), Steve Bernier (6'2" 230lbs), Fedoruk (6'2" 240lbs), Jagr (6'3" 245lbs), Lecavalier (6'4" 223lbs), Steve McKenna (6'8" 252lbs), Dustin Penner (6'4" 243lbs)

I can go on but you get the picture, Mikhnov isn't a freak of nature as the guys in bold are bigger than Alexei. Talk about another over-hyped Oiler prospect. And I am an Oiler fan and don't believe how much Mikhnov is over-rated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad