Biggest fan of a prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
i can proudly say that i'm the biggest emil axelsson fan here. and also carl gunnarsson who is 05 eligible.

K9

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
Captain Conservative said:
I am Eric Fehrs biggest fan. I have Eric Fehr sheets and a Eric Fehr pillowcase!

Wow I hope that's not true. I'm not sure about on this board, but of all my friends, I like Eric Fehr so much more than they all do. Before the Russia-WHL game, I was telling them how great Eric Fehr is, but since all my friends are habs fans they all loved Chipchure. My friend from Sask was all about MacArthur, and they had no idea who I was talking about. Man did they learn those two nights. 3 goals in 2 games, this guy is awesome. Too bad the habs drafted Kostitsyn ahead of him, Fehr is the next Shanahan.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I love Komisarek, but I think everyone in Montreal loves him too.

I'm probably of the biggest Plekanec supporter though: I'm sure Ribeiro will bve gone 2 years from now and Plekanec will be an awesome physical yet point producing 2nd line center

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
felixd said:
Wow I hope that's not true. I'm not sure about on this board, but of all my friends, I like Eric Fehr so much more than they all do. Before the Russia-WHL game, I was telling them how great Eric Fehr is, but since all my friends are habs fans they all loved Chipchure. My friend from Sask was all about MacArthur, and they had no idea who I was talking about. Man did they learn those two nights. 3 goals in 2 games, this guy is awesome. Too bad the habs drafted Kostitsyn ahead of him, Fehr is the next Shanahan.

Its not, i'm just makin fun of the fanboys.

zamboni

Apr 25, 2003
Visit site
I'm a massive JDD and Dubnyk fan. I've been big on both (especially Dub) even before the Oilers drafted them.

K9

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
Big Schremp fan here too. My buddies here could probably tell you that. Before the USA team was announced, every day I was telling them how he I hoped he would be on the team so I could get to see him play in very competitive hockey. The Oilers really found a steal at 25. Not too high on their other first round pick, but I see Schremp stepping in and being an offensive contributor on the 2nd line his rookie season(probably 06-06).

NewHabsEra*

To be honest, I cant pick just one...

I follow Habs prospects for about 5 years, I predicted Alex Perezhogin to become a diamond in the making about 3 years ago, I was saying he was one of the best young fowards in the draft... At the moment, I would only take Kovalchuk and maybe Ruutu over him... I dislike Spezza's work ethic and lack of defensive sense.

I predicted Balej's blossoming...

I was saying that Plekanec was one of the steals of the 2001 draft, that he was in the same category as prospects like Weiss and Chistov... Cant say how much posters were laughing at me including almost all Habs fans posters... 3 years after, they just realize the truth.

I was praising Higgins and Komisarek as well...

Higgins will be a great all around player playing the game with grit and fire every shifts, will produce with regularity offensively (40-50 pts range)... He is our own Patrice Bergeron... I'm a very big fan of.

Perezhogin will be something between a great first line winger and a star, this kid not only has amazing skills but plays the game with fire every shifts in both way of the ice... Perezhogin is definitively one of my favorite prospects if not the one..

Komisarek will be an amazing physical presence on the ice... He not only hit extremmely hard when he have a chance to but his overall skills for a such mamouth are more than impressive... He is a great skater with very good vision, great first pass, nice stickhandling, solid and accurate wrist shot with quick release.. You can also feel his great instinct in the defensive zone... Will be an elite defender and I would have a hard time to choice between him and Perezhogin about my favorite prospect...

Plekanec is a special kid for me because I was the fist Habs fan to communicate with him during his first AHL season... He have a personal website and I did a research on him just after I saw him play for the first time... His skills and hard work really impressed me... We e-mailed us regulary until he gets more visibility... Plekanec will give his 100% every shifts in both way of the ice, his top level skating and quickness make him very hard to play against, he is gritty, made strong despite his 5*10, above average vision, playmaking and stickhandling skills... To me he will take Ribeiro' spot next season, it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Those 4 prospects do have 4 common points... Above average NHL skills, Hard work, determination and charactere... How could I pick only one of them? :dunno:

Outside Habs prospects, Ovechkin is definitively the best one... This kid does'nt only have top notch superstar skills but is a true competitor one.. This is the difference between him and Kovalchuk... Ovechkin > Crosby by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golbez

NewHabsArea said:
To be honest, I cant pick just one...

I follow Habs prospects for about 5 years, I predicted Alex Perezhogin to become a diamond in the making about 3 years ago, I was saying he was one of the best young fowards in the draft... At the moment, I would only take Kovalchuk and maybe Ruutu over him... I dislike Spezza's work ethic and lack of defensive sense.

I predicted Balej's blossoming...

I was saying that Plekanec was one of the steals of the 2001 draft, that he was in the same category as prospects like Weiss and Chistov... Cant say how much posters were laughing at me including almost all Habs fans posters... 3 years after, they just realize the truth.

I was praising Higgins and Komisarek as well...

Higgins will be a great all around player playing the game with grit and fire every shifts, will produce with regularity offensively (40-50 pts range)... He is our own Patrice Bergeron... I'm a very big fan of.

Perezhogin will be something between a great first line winger and a star, this kid not only has amazing skills but plays the game with fire every shifts in both way of the ice... Perezhogin is definitively one of my favorite prospects if not the one..

Komisarek will be an amazing physical presence on the ice... He not only hit extremmely hard when he have a chance to but his overall skills for a such mamouth are more than impressive... He is a great skater with very good vision, great first pass, nice stickhandling, solid and accurate wrist shot with quick release.. You can also feel his great instinct in the defensive zone... Will be an elite defender and I would have a hard time to choice between him and Perezhogin about my favorite prospect...

Plekanec is a special kid for me because I was the fist Habs fan to communicate with him during his first AHL season... He have a personal website and I did a research on him just after I saw him play for the first time... His skills and hard work really impressed me... We e-mailed us regulary until he gets more visibility... Plekanec will give his 100% every shifts in both way of the ice, his top level skating and quickness make him very hard to play against, he is gritty, made strong despite his 5*10, above average vision, playmaking and stickhandling skills... To me he will take Ribeiro' spot next season, it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Those 4 prospects do have 4 common points... Above average NHL skills, Hard work, determination and charactere... How could I pick only one of them? :dunno:

Speaking of Pleky, that reminds me that I need to start editing/updating his site.. d'oh!

He also played (and maybe still does...but I dropped out) in an Eastside Hockey League with a bunch of other Czechs, and ended up picking LA (not Montreal)..he traded for himself...if I recall, he was only worth Jason Holland :lol:

I'd have to say I'm probably the biggest North American fan of Michal Valent and Jaroslav Balastik. No interesting stories about them, unfortunately

Hockey_Nut99

I really like Shremp and Pouliet(sp?)..I believe both are Edmonton prospects

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
askme
I'd have to say Bernd Bruckler and Staffan Kronwall are my favourite prospects.

Neither of them are typically thought of as particularly great prospects, but I love their games, general work ethic and character.

Neither are ever really talked about much so I'm not sure how others view them, but I've little doubt my own opinions of both would be deemed pretty unrealistic.
I'm very high on Kronwall as a future solid #5/6 D-Man, and Bruckler while further off could become an NHL backup in time.... perhaps even a starter though admittedly that's rather unlikely at best.

Bruckler was an 01' 5th rounder by Philly, Kronwall was the Leafs 02' 9th rounder.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Alexander Perezhogin

Because I'm the only one that seems to be so excited about him and that has no doubt he will be a star.

Also, I must be Mathieu Bolduc's only fan. 1988-born prospect.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I'm a big fan of Anze Kopitar. His size and i've heard he plays like a mixture of antropv and heatley. As a leaf fan i gotta go with him because i can just vision a line of Poni- Antro- Kopitar.

From the leafs my favorite prospect is Robert Earl. But the one guy who i think will dominate the league for years to come is Dion Phaneauf ( i hope i spelled him correct )...he oozes potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad