Biggest fan of a prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
s7ark said:
Tossup between myself, windowlicker and some of our Swedish friends as to who is the biggest Dragan Umicevic supporter.

Gotta say, I love the guy, he has elite superstar written all over him. Assuming he can keep the work ethic up. I think playing with Jokinen will go a long way to show him what is required to make it in the NHL..

Dont you think thats a bit much to be labeling a 20 year old kid who has just had a good stretch of play as an "elite superstar"?

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Chaos said:
Dont you think thats a bit much to be labeling a 20 year old kid who has just had a good stretch of play as an "elite superstar"?

Well, playing with Jokinen will definatatley improve your game (especially in the stat department ;) )

Myself, I was like the biggest Denis Shvidki fan here on these boards, but even I have basically given up on him sad to say.

Players I am huge fans and am one of the biggest fans:
Rostislav Olesz
Vaclav Nedorost
Lukas Krajicek
Kamil Kreps

Biggest Olesz fan here though= RobertoLuongo no doubt.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Jussi Jokinen for me...too bad his last name isn't Koivu or else he might have found himself drafted in the top 10 instead of the 6th round(that was a joke for those humor-impaired people here ;) )

Last edited:

The Imp

5-14-6-1
Jul 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
Slava Trukhno. PEI Rocket. 2005 draft eligible. First Dane ("Dane") to play in the NHL, for sure. Russian parents, but raised in Denmark, and plays for the Danish national team.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Though it started to fade away after the NHL locked out, I was James Wisniewski's biggest fan for quite a while

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
For me it's Andrei Kostitsyn and Mike Komisarek and Raitis Ivannas I also realy like he's not realy a top prospect but he will be the Habs next enforcer.

tomerez

Mar 16, 2003
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Legionnaire said:
Me: Horton and Tambellini

I think I could give you a run at Tambellini, but I wouldn't know because I can't really measure your allegiance to him since I haven't frequented these boards much lately. I'm quite sure I'd take the lead for Robert Nilsson, but he's got some popularity to him so I may be wrong.

I like Steen a whole lot as well but I doubt more than yourself Leafaholix.

A few others I follow closely are Korpikoski and Jeff Carter.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
PhoPhan said:
Also, I think I'm the only person in the world who thinks Freddie Sjostrom has potential beyond the second line.

Well dont be feeling alone in that. I've been championing Sjostrom though I would hate to be called "biggest fan". Its so puck-bunny.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I like guys like Phaneuf, Richards and Parise but they have bigger fans. The guy I like more than most other posters is probably Mikko Koivu.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
Alex Semin - the flashes of talent he showed this year were really exciting to watch

Owen Fussey - he's a long shot but he's is 100% committed to his team

Alex Ovechkin - never seen him play outside of the World Cup so I'm waiting to see how good he actually is

Eddie Caron - best friend's roommate at Exeter and is a great guy to go drinking with

Sorry for the homer picks since three were Capitals

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
For me there were Stanislav Chistov, then Oulu fellow Joni Pitkanen.
As they are no longer prospects I think I'm the biggest supporter of Ladislav Smid since he got drafted by Anaheim.

Honorable mention (especially BEFORE the draft): Rostislav Olesz

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Stevex said:
Well dont be feeling alone in that. I've been championing Sjostrom though I would hate to be called "biggest fan". Its so puck-bunny.

The way I pimp him, if I weren't his "biggest fan," he'd be deemed the next Gretzky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad