Biggest drop in stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

What players stock has dropped the most over the course of the season?

My vote would probably go to Evan McGrath. He was once considered a top 10 pick, but now it's not even clear if he'll go in the first round.

X-SHARKIE

MgGrath is a scaredy cat out there..... He no longer has that confidence and offensive mind frame that made him so scarey out there and fun to watch.

I agree. I would take a flyer on him though in the 2nd round. He's a very good skater witch well get him in the late 1st mabey.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
DaveyCrockett said:
Dubnyk has dropped quite a bit.

What's your definition of quite a bit? Less than a round?

If the question is which player has dropped the most then Dubnyk's name shouldn't be mentioned as he clearly has dropped nowhere near as much as a host of other players.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
MgGrath is a scaredy cat out there..... He no longer has that confidence and offensive mind frame that made him so scarey out there and fun to watch.

I agree. I would take a flyer on him though in the 2nd round. He's a very good skater witch well get him in the late 1st mabey.
Ten days ago, I would have agreed 100% with you...... In Mike Richards' absence, McGrath has stepped up his game and is playing inspired hockey in the playoffs. I don't think he'll ever be a physical player, but he is playing with heart and energy that has been missing most of this season.

Avery4Byng*

Mike Card for sure. Not putting up the points he was expecting, but also on a team that has not scored very may goals at all this year. He has however taken huge strides in his defensive play.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Haven't heard anything from McGrath since he left my highschool a couple years ago. I know he was basically the whole reason our highschool team won :)

I've seen him a few times tho and I'm not sure if he's a 1st-rounder.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
McGrath definitely.

Dubynk hasn't dropped as much, but is definitely notable. He was my pick to be the first goalie taken in this year's draft and is down to third by quite a large distance.

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
Mailhiot is definitly the biggest drop in stock.

He suffered from another concussion and has stopped played for the year. In fact I saw him one month ago in College, he was back in his hometown for the remaining of the season and playoffs I guess. It's sad to see a guy with nice talent like him being forced to stop playing for a while and having his to forget about his NHL carreer, his dream. I remember hearing him say when he was eight years old that his only goal was to be an NHL player. Well, he wasn't that far I guess... Hehe..

McGrath is another one who fell a lot but unlike Mailhiot he'll still get drafted.

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Flames Draft Watcher said:
What's your definition of quite a bit? Less than a round?

If the question is which player has dropped the most then Dubnyk's name shouldn't be mentioned as he clearly has dropped nowhere near as much as a host of other players.
I wasn't suggesting Dubnyk had dropped the most. I was merely pointing out that he was a prospect who had dropped sigmifigantly. Dubnyk was mentioned as a top-10/first goalie taken before this season started. He now probably won't even be drafted until the 2nd round.

Puckz

Jun 22, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Would have to agree with Card. Was expected first rounder, dropped to 204th North American skater I believe? Although, if I'm betting on it, I'd expect to see him rise from mid-season to the final rankings. Been a little more consistent as of late and with a good showing at the Mem Cup, should bounce back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->