Biggest...Dive...Ever!!

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Macman said:
Since you watched the game, what did you think of the uncalled Soviet hook on Bourque that resulted directly in a Soviet goal?

My point is, you can question the calls and non-calls of every game ever played. The Soviets lost. Canada won. It happened 19 years ago. Get over it.

You are right. Though my point was only that all nationalitys dive.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Ola said:
Yes, all nationalities dive but the Czechs are especially famous for diving like Canadians are famous for their goonish play.

Haute Couture

Feb 27, 2002
Bay of Pigs
Visit site
Canuck21t said:
Yes, all nationalities dive but the Czechs are especially famous for diving like Canadians are famous for their goonish play.
But at the point where they both do it, it's still a moot point. Even if the Czechs or Russians are somehow nationally "prone" to it.

When I watch the Sharks commentary, whenever a Shark player dives to get the call, it's called: "great job to draw the penalty by [insert Shark player]." When the opponent dives, it's called for what it really is - diving.

No nationality will ever admit to being wrong or inadequate or prone to cheating. I can say the same thing about Forsberg as I can say about Crosby as I can say about Kovalchuk and Ovechkin. (**)it happens.

KariyaIsGod*

Ola said:
Have you seen the game? Nah didn't think so.

Game three, the final game, Russia is up 3-0, Canada gets a PP and Gretzky dives a la Prorok to make it a 5 on 3.

I have the game and there was no dive...

Gretzky torched Russia, he didn't need to dive.

espo*

The Czechs,no-one does it quite like they do.

Simply the masters of the art.

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
David said:
Not to make this into a Crobsy vs Ovechkin thing but I gotta pipe up.

This dive pretty obvious but in all honesty, this is not as bad as Ovechkin flopping around like he's been shot with a rifle at the WJC when he was 17...then getting up as soon as the penalty is called to play on the PP.

It'll be a long time before he can build his own respectability back up with those who saw that display of embarrassment.
Yeah cuz that came up sooooo often this past season.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Saprykin said:
But at the point where they both do it, it's still a moot point. Even if the Czechs or Russians are somehow nationally "prone" to it.

When I watch the Sharks commentary, whenever a Shark player dives to get the call, it's called: "great job to draw the penalty by [insert Shark player]." When the opponent dives, it's called for what it really is - diving.

No nationality will ever admit to being wrong or inadequate or prone to cheating. I can say the same thing about Forsberg as I can say about Crosby as I can say about Kovalchuk and Ovechkin. (**)it happens.
I can't stand this type of political correctness. Czechs are the masters of diving, they've shown their expertise countless times in the past; everyone does it nowadays but they're the ones who have perfected the art.

Forever27

Aug 20, 2005
Ola said:

Furthur, all hockey players dive.

I'm sure they're peer pressured. "Come on, everyboy does it. Don't you want to be cool? Don't you want to help the team?"

And that is indeed the biggest dive I've seen. He must be a soccer fan.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Forever27 said:
Furthur, all hockey players dive.

I'm sure they're peer pressured. "Come on, everyboy does it. Don't you want to be cool? Don't you want to help the team?"

And that is indeed the biggest dive I've seen. He must be a soccer fan.

Not all. There are a few proud players out there. But there is defenitly more divers out there today then it where 20 years ago. The only way you are gooing to fix that is by giving out tougher penaltys to thoose who dive. Don't know why the NHL have given up on the suspension on dives idea. I've seen a ton of dives in the PO's but not a single suspension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad