Biggest...Dive...Ever!!

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
Sometimes you need to jump when your blade takes an unfortunate turn against the ice surface and risks twisting your knee ligaments to bits. I can't tell whether the motion in Prorok's left foot required that this time, though.

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
Pekka Lampinen said:
Sometimes you need to jump when your blade takes an unfortunate turn against the ice surface and risks twisting your knee ligaments to bits. I can't tell whether the motion in Prorok's left foot required that this time, though.

"How can somebody who's sitting at home in front of a computer call this a dive? You don't know if he's got a bad ankle, or a torn bursa sac or something." Prurok's a lousy player and he'd make a lousy color commentator.

Geese_Howard*

lmfao whats even funnier is I think he hurt himself on his landing.

MrAlfie

Canuck21t said:
I'm no expert on figure skating so can anyone tell me if that was a triple axel or a double lutze?

that was a Rittberger for sure

burgundynblue

Aug 7, 2005
mikkoz said:
No, i dont think the ref was all that bad, there was a bit of a stick on 53 so he could of give penalty to the both of them, but he choose not to.
Well, it didn't seem that you saw the game. Penalties were 22:4 favoring Czechs and it wasn't funny at all. No penalties for at least 5 dives I have counted from Czechs. I just can't stand this kind of playing :shakehead

David

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Not to make this into a Crobsy vs Ovechkin thing but I gotta pipe up.

This dive pretty obvious but in all honesty, this is not as bad as Ovechkin flopping around like he's been shot with a rifle at the WJC when he was 17...then getting up as soon as the penalty is called to play on the PP.

It'll be a long time before he can build his own respectability back up with those who saw that display of embarrassment.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Gretzky dived exactly like that against Soviet in the Canada Cup in 87´.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
David said:
Uh...I don't think so!

Have you seen the game? Nah didn't think so.

Game three, the final game, Russia is up 3-0, Canada gets a PP and Gretzky dives a la Prorok to make it a 5 on 3.

David

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Ola said:
Have you seen the game? Nah didn't think so.

Game three, the final game, Russia is up 3-0, Canada gets a PP and Gretzky dives a la Prorok to make it a 5 on 3.

I don't know who you think that you're talking to here but I'd go check my facts before making accusations against me or Gretzky.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
David said:
I don't know who you think that you're talking to here but I'd go check my facts before making accusations against me or Gretzky.

Check it up. Its defenitly as bad as the one we see in this thread. If you had seen the game you wouldn't argue against me.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Things got so bad in the 2nd period when the ref tried to give the game to Canada so the Soviet linesman started taking Canadian penaltys, and nobody blamed him. Are you gooing to say thats not a fact to?

David

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Ola said:
Check it up. Its defenitly as bad as the one we see in this thread. If you had seen the game you wouldn't argue against me.

Son, I am not arguing against you. I am telling you that this did not happen.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
David said:
Son, I am not arguing against you. I am telling you that this did not happen.

Ok if you like to belive so. Though if you ever get a chance again watch the 2nd period, I did a few weeks ago, its a disgrace. If you want to talk to me after you have seen it PM me about it.

I was hyped when I got to see that game and all the big stars. I am born in 1981 so missed out on them in their prime. Though half way through the 2nd period I got pretty pissed infront of the TV, watching a 19 year old hockey game, thats how much of a farce thoose tournaments where. Just my humble opinion though.

Last edited:

Macman

May 15, 2004
Ola said:
Ok if you like to belive so. Though if you ever get a chance again watch the 2nd period, I did a few weeks ago, its a disgrace. If you want to talk to me after you have seen it PM me about it.

I was hyped when I got to see that game and all the big stars. I am born in 1981 so missed out on them in their prime. Though half way through the 2nd period I got pretty pissed infront of the TV, watching a 19 year old hockey game, thats how much of a farce thoose tournaments where. Just my humble opinion though.

Since you watched the game, what did you think of the uncalled Soviet hook on Bourque that resulted directly in a Soviet goal?

My point is, you can question the calls and non-calls of every game ever played. The Soviets lost. Canada won. It happened 19 years ago. Get over it.

Last edited:

insider

Nov 14, 2003
truecanuck said:
LOL reminds of the Edmonton Oilers strategy when they are losing in the 3rd period.

where do you get this? the Oilers arn't known as divers...

see : Detroit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad