Biggest dark-horse in 05' dark???

Status
Not open for further replies.

velimiiro

I know its early to say... but i think Vugar Gashimov is a helluva good bet. This kid has all the tools to become a bondafide goalscorer in the NHL, except hes somewhat enigmatic,.

AG9NK35DT8*

velimiiro said:
I know its early to say... but i think Vugar Gashimov is a helluva good bet. This kid has all the tools to become a bondafide goalscorer in the NHL, except hes somewhat enigmatic,.
uh... who?????????? :dunno: :dunno:

X-SHARKIE

Jack Skille of the USNTDP. The kid has the size you want, he has the speed, I mean he's an amazing skater, he also has a great shot and just very very good raw skills. He'll spend a good amount of time devoloping in Wisconsin down the road.

Overall could be one of the best when it's all said and done in the 2005 draft.

Dark Dark Horse: Nathan Lawrence.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Not sure if "biggest" is the correct word, but Fredrik Pettersson is one to watch. He is only 5'9", but other than that he is pretty much the complete package. Captain of the Swedish U18-team, arguably the fastest skater on the team, plays physical, brilliant offensively, great attitude and work-ethics.

Not likely to go in the first 2 rounds because of his size I'd imagine, but he seem to be good enough in other areas to overcome the size issue.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
My dark horse is Saginaw C/LW Peter Franchin.

He is 6'5", around 210 lbs. He has all the tools - smooth quick skater, good hands, throws his weight around.

He was a 1986-born rookie with Kitchener last year, and was relegated to mainly 3rd or 4th line due to their depth at forward. When they had injuries at the end of the year, he moved up the depth chart and ended up leading them in goals in the playoffs.

He was traded to Saginaw in the summer, and looking at their lineup, he appears to be their #1 center going into camp.

My OHL source tells me that his former agent screwed up last year and never told him about opting into the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->