Bigger surprise: Sabres in 1st place or Blues in 30th place?

Bigger surprise: Sabres in 1st place or Blues in 30th place?

• Sabres

• Blues

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Blues for me. I didn't think they were great but I thought they were solid.

Buffalo has been building better for a couple of years now.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Both are incredibly surprising. Blues appeared to be stacked entering this season and the Sabres I expected to be slightly better but I didn't think they'd make it far with their defense. Goaltending has been outstanding for them though and Skinner, Sheary, Dahlin, etc. Have all helped a ton

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Good question.....both shocking.....Blues result a bit more......they have fallen totally off the cliff after adding talent this summer

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Sabres in 1st place. I had them down for making the playoffs this year, but I would have never thought that they would be in first this far into the season. The Blues being 30th is a shocker, but I stopped being as surprised about unexpectedly poor results after Edmonton finished around 23rd last year and Winnipeg finished around the same place the year before.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Blues imo

playoff teams can get hot and pull 9 game win streaks at the start of the season, which is right now

but a good team on paper has to suck harder than ahl rosters

if this was game 60 it'd be the sabres, as suckitude can snowball but maintaining #1 you have to be a top 3 team which the Sabres are not.. yet

Reactions: LatvianTwist

jvcjdudu jcycyxjene

Nov 11, 2014
Denver
It's really strange because I thought the Blues roster looked pretty decent coming into the year. They dont seem like they should be THAT bad. Maybe a bubble team or sth but not 30th.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Sabres 100% considering the fact that it's reliant on beating several great teams as opposed to just having a, so far, horrendeus season.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Blues.

By seasons end both Teams will be middle of the pack

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Sabers. I don’t think they will hold it but good for them, they and their fans deserve it.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Sabres will temporarily be #1.

The Blues to be in 30th 25% into the season is really bad and really hard to come back into, especially being in the hardest division in the NHL.

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
I believed that Sabres would be a near- miss playoff team at its best. I wouldn't have guessed they'd lead the league after 20+ games.

c4rdsh4rk

Sep 17, 2007
oh really, highest ppg?

st loo is the surprise here. buffalo had enough factors to turn them into a good team. all st loo had was bad goaltending.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
As a sabres fan i have to go with the blues, really thought they went all out this summer picking up ror bozak maroon, young ones coming up with kyrou and thomas, really surprised about where they are at right now, thought buffalo would be a bubble team on the rise, currently sitting 1st i think they come back down to earth and end up securing one of wild card spots in the east

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Sabres are the most surprising. But they'll fall back down to earth HARD soon enough, and all will be normal again.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Sabres are the most surprising. But they'll fall back down to earth HARD soon enough, and all will be normal again.

Why do you say that? Obviously they are going to lose at some point, but what in their play has shown they will fall hard. I can see them slowing down once sinners shooting percentage falls back to around normal, but Eichel has been shooting well below is career avg and as good as that line has been they have had bad games where other lines stepped up and helped. It's exactly what fans have been saying for years now, once their depth can start helping and defense stops being bad the team will turn a corner. Well they've turned a corner, I cant see them falling off HARD as you say.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Why do you say that? Obviously they are going to lose at some point, but what in their play has shown they will fall hard. I can see them slowing down once sinners shooting percentage falls back to around normal, but Eichel has been shooting well below is career avg and as good as that line has been they have had bad games where other lines stepped up and helped. It's exactly what fans have been saying for years now, once their depth can start helping and defense stops being bad the team will turn a corner. Well they've turned a corner, I cant see them falling off HARD as you say.

Hutton and Ullmark as the Goalies is why. LOL. You don't honestly think they are the real deals, do you?

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Hutton and Ullmark as the Goalies is why. LOL. You don't honestly think they are the real deals, do you?

Real deal as in best in the league? No, definitely not. Real deal as in a playoff team who could win against any team any given night? Absolutely, they cant sustain 1st place all year, but they can be in the mix for top of the Atlantic.

Goaltending has kept them in games when things looked like they could get out of hand. It gave them confidence and allowed them to come back and win games they probably shouldn't have. Theres gonna be some ugly losses over the next 50+ games, but theres no reason to think they will fall off the cliff and start to bottom out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad