Bigger surprise in the standings, Chicago or Colorado?

Bigger surprise in the standings?

• Total voters

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Blackhawks lost:

Hossa
Hjalmarsson
Panarin
Campbell
Darling
Kruger
TVR

No surprise they've struggled this season. I think most people expected it.

I doubt many expected Colorado to be good.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Colorado. No one saw them in the playoff race. There were lots of red flags for Chicago. Losing Hammer, Hossa, the decline of Seabrook and Keith (Keith is still good though but not what he used to be), their horrendous bottom 4, and sketchy depth at center. Getting swept by Nashville was the moment they were done as contenders.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Losing a top 5 goalie and replacing him with two AHL calibre goalies can tank any team's chances in games. They have been outshooting and out possessing a lot of teams per corsica. Crow has been out since December 23rd and by the team looks like they gave up at the end of january as it has become more and more apparent Crow's vertigo/concussion issues will keep him out for possibly the rest of the season.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
I don't think Colorado will be that close to a playoff spot by the time game 82 rolls around, but their improvement over last season is still noteworthy. You could see Chicago's decline coming.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Not trying to deflect attention but I would say the sudden downturn for the Blues is more surprising than both Colorado and Chicago given St.Louis was a top 5 team the entire first half of the year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad