Confirmed with Link: Big Z (Zdeno Chara) signed to 1 year, $795,000 deal

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
I was listening to a non-sports radio station back before the Bruins vs Canucks finals, and there was a small segment dedicated to hockey. I still remember how the segment expert/guest said that Zdeno Chara “has a wingspan of a pterodactyl”. Every time I see the Big Z play, I recall this humorous phrase.

I wish we had him in his prime. Welcome to the Caps, Big Z!

Last edited:

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Dont know this kid. Any Boston fans up for a scouting report? I see his big, but anything else?

Weird signing, but i will love seeing Z in Caps uniform. All those bouts with Ovie and Willy, and now theyll battle on the same side! Just if we had The King aswell..

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Can't argue at that price

After what ? 15 years or whatever in Boston, a change of scenery could squeeze the last out of the big guy ... we have enough star power to get Z excited, surely he will see the upcoming season as a "fun" opportunity and that's a very good thing

isn't it great to be a destination for guys like him

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The org has come a long way from it's "Confederate money" days, thanks Ovechkin.

I think Ted deserves great credit in this area. There are too many teams and too many ways to screw up a situation like with Ovechkin. Instead Ted built what is still arguably the best facilities in the league. The players are treated great. The staff are happy and skilled. The Capitals are one of the best jobs in the league. Be it for a player or someone like Mike Vogel or in sales.

These are things well known around the league. Remember when Ted flew the entire team staff to Vegas for game 5 of the cup final? That says a lot

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
LOL. I remember sitting next to the penalty box and watching Brian Sutherby try to pick a fight with Chara. That was some funny viewing.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Notes from Joe B

Will be great as long as he is not playing 25 or more Mins
Can pair up with anyone, moveable to anywhere on the left side in certain situations but guessing will be on that 3rd line with Jensen/TVR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad