Confirmed with Link: Big Z (Zdeno Chara) signed to 1 year, $795,000 deal

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
You guys will hate CHARA about 20 games in...turnovers, slowww, mental mistakes, failed clearing passes. If he’s not paired with your
top dman expect to be disappointed

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
That’s not an odd man rush drill. It’s not even a rush. That’s 5-on-5 in zone.
So you think you just watched 5 on 5 hockey there and you're upset with Jensen, not the winger who is completely upright and not playing the boards at all, or the center who isn't moving his feet or playing any defense?

You should see enough to figure this out, the drill is 3 on 2 rushes, Chara and Jensen defend until they concede a scoring chance or steal the puck, and then Chara and Jensen break out Red's 3 on 2 and probably switch.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
So you think you just watched 5 on 5 hockey there and you're upset with Jensen, not the winger who is completely upright and not playing the boards at all, or the center who isn't moving his feet or playing any defense?

You should see enough to figure this out, the drill is 3 on 2 rushes, Chara and Jensen defend until they concede a scoring chance or steal the puck, and then Chara and Jensen break out Red's 3 on 2 and probably switch.
Nicely put!

Sep 19, 2008
I was looking over my DVR content and I was reminded I had recorded a series that was being shown on NBCSN during last year's SC Final about Zdeno Chara. There was basically a documentary about how he was living life in Slovakia and training during the off-season.

It seems to be a multi-part documentary, just finished watching episode 1 on DVR.

ZDENO CHARA: MADE FOR THIS DOCUSERIES TO PREMIERE TONIGHT AT 6 P.M. ET ON NBCSN - NBC Sports Pressbox

Now that he is a Capital I felt that I had to watch this documentary. I will probably watch more later. I can say it's really, really well done and has a lot of insight into his mentality and training regimen.

Reactions: Pomee

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Admittedly, Boston wanted the Top pairing Big Z they were spoiled with for many years. He isn't that guy, anymore.

He is a perfect fit for the Caps, though. Still plays at a high level and is a great veteran presence.

Plus, those angry Chara pics...:D

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Admittedly, Boston wanted the Top pairing Big Z they were spoiled with for many years. He isn't that guy, anymore.

He is a perfect fit for the Caps, though. Still plays at a high level and is a great veteran presence.

I don't care what scenario brought him here, he will have to issue at least 2 pizza's per game for a month before I get to hating Chara. Right now I'd have his babies if he asked me to.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

imagine being so spoiled by the top pair HOF version, that the pretty decent top-4 version is unacceptable....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->