BIG UPDATE! as of 1/27 NHL will make ANOTHER NEW proposal to the PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
It does get tiring... but think of it this way..
By the end of the weekend we'll know everything. :)

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
Sam I Am said:
Guys, guys. If you hold the sound of rhetoric down to a dull roar, you can almost hear the sounds of hockey very nearby. Say about two or three weeks away...

And the sound of roaring airplanes full of players from overseas, and a dull scratchy sound of all the contracts that need signing ...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
davidwii said:
Look, I have no thought in my mind that believes they are just meeting for sh*ts and giggles. I understand reading between the lines... But it comes down to a point where its insulting as a fan...IMHO

I'm not stupid...there is obviously shiznit going on behind closed doors. And again, no one here knows anything really. We can all sepculate about the goings on until the cows come home. But one thing we all have in common is the fact that every single person has the same chance at predicting the outcome to this thing as each other....and that is the fact there is a 50/50 shot each of us will be right....

It just gets tiresome. I understand that things like that are released for posturing in the media. But I does just get tiresome...

That comment wasn't meant for you, just a general comment...Maybe i'm being optimistic, maybe i'll be wrong, I don't know...but to me, everything points to a deal being reached and announced in the coming days, i don't care about what TS, Sportsnet, Eklund or anybody has to say, my logic tells me a deal will be reached shortly, I know how negotiations work, I see how it goes almost everyday at work, both sides will scratch and claw all the way to the end...

skellart

Jan 24, 2005
Chattown
Hey folks, New guy here. If they don't get this done then at least I can enjoy watching my kid play. It's his 4th practice today aside from playing in the street and he seems to be having as much fun as the milllionares. We aren't from a hockey area so I got into it from a computer game. Detroit won the cup that year and I've been hooked since. Anyway, I was wondering if anybody thinks that they may already have something done and are sitting in the room playing NHL 2005 on ps2?

davidwii

Jan 20, 2005
417 TO MTL said:
That comment wasn't meant for you, just a general comment...Maybe i'm being optimistic, maybe i'll be wrong, I don't know...but to me, everything points to a deal being reached and announced in the coming days, i don't care about what TS, Sportsnet, Eklund or anybody has to say, my logic tells me a deal will be reached shortly, I know how negotiations work, I see how it goes almost everyday at work, both sides will scratch and claw all the way to the end...

I agree exactly. Just try to keep my hopes down really. Its been long enough to go without seeting quality hockey.

As much BS is being thrown around....I just don't see these guys saying, lets not go make millions of dollars, just to prove a point.

Something has got to happen or sooner or later mutiny is gonna occur in one of these camps...

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
417 TO MTL said:
Plus you had the vision again, right?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
davidwii said:
I agree exactly. Just try to keep my hopes down really. Its been long enough to go without seeting quality hockey.

As much BS is being thrown around....I just don't see these guys saying, lets not go make millions of dollars, just to prove a point.

Something has got to happen or sooner or later mutiny is gonna occur in one of these camps...

As long as there is a 2.1 billion$$ pot hanging around, the deal will get done, if nothing at all, it's the only reason I see there being hockey this season, I think alot of what is going on as well, is the owners and players trying to figure out how they can have the fans forgive them, because as much as the owners want their cost certainty, they know that they must show their players in good light...

davidwii

Jan 20, 2005
417 TO MTL said:
As long as there is a 2.1 billion$$ pot hanging around, the deal will get done, if nothing at all, it's the only reason I see there being hockey this season, I think alot of what is going on as well, is the owners and players trying to figure out how they can have the fans forgive them, because as much as the owners want their cost certainty, they know that they must show their players in good light...

I agree. Alot of people keep trying to say that the Players are the Product. I disagree. I think Hockey is the product. Players are the Batteries and the Accessories that make the product worth purchasing.

All I know is my team (LA KINGS) had better come back to me with some pretty sweet packages and do some really cool promo stuff for me to pay for my season seats again. This better happen league wide too...

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
skellart said:
Hey folks, New guy here. If they don't get this done then at least I can enjoy watching my kid play. It's his 4th practice today aside from playing in the street and he seems to be having as much fun as the milllionares. We aren't from a hockey area so I got into it from a computer game. Detroit won the cup that year and I've been hooked since. Anyway, I was wondering if anybody thinks that they may already have something done and are sitting in the room playing NHL 2005 on ps2?
For the last time no one who truly likes hockey will be playing NHL 2005, they would be playing NHL 2K5. :P

skellart

Jan 24, 2005
Chattown
Sinurgy said:
For the last time no one who truly likes hockey will be playing NHL 2005, they would be playing NHL 2K5. :P

Then again, no on who truly likes hockey would be sitting in a room playing a computer game instead of getting the darn deal done. Wright? Think that was the real point.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
skellart said:
Then again, no on who truly likes hockey would be sitting in a room playing a computer game instead of getting the darn deal done. Wright? Think that was the real point.
Oh and welcome to the boards and the wonderful world of hockey (lockout not included). I'm not from a traditional market either but I have become a huge fan! The way I see it, 20 years from now there will be people in Tennessee, Florida and Arizona *****ing about how dumb the NHL was for giving teams to Utah and Nebraska. "That is so stupid, people in Nebraska don't care about hockey. I'm tired of them always reaching out to markets who don't care and ignore their hardcore fans like Florida and South Carolina." :lol :yo:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
skellart said:

I already don't like this character.

Predwing? The most hated creature in Nashville, as far as I'm concerned!

Well, come on over to the Preds board...we've got some terrific posters..and we'll cure you of that bacteria that's festering in your blood...the "Wingus Wheelus" virus :joker:

skellart

Jan 24, 2005
Chattown
Sinurgy said:
Oh and welcome to the boards and the wonderful world of hockey (lockout not included). I'm not from a traditional market either but I have become a huge fan! The way I see it, 20 years from now there will be people in Tennessee, Florida and Arizona *****ing about how dumb the NHL was for giving teams to Utah and Nebraska. "That is so stupid, people in Nebraska don't care about hockey. I'm tired of them always reaching out to markets who don't care and ignore their hardcore fans like Florida and South Carolina." :lol :yo:

That is what these meetings are missing. A representative for the fans. Someone who is there to say get this thing done or else. That rep would have to be respected because they have the backing of millions of fans. Only in a perfect world I guess.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
skellart said:
That is what these meetings are missing. A representative for the fans. Someone who is there to say get this thing done or else. That rep would have to be respected because they have the backing of millions of fans. Only in a perfect world I guess.
Don Cherry?

skellart

Jan 24, 2005
Chattown
nomorekids said:
I already don't like this character.

Predwing? The most hated creature in Nashville, as far as I'm concerned!

Well, come on over to the Preds board...we've got some terrific posters..and we'll cure you of that bacteria that's festering in your blood...the "Wingus Wheelus" virus :joker:

To be Honest with you, I was at game 5 last year and wearing.............MY PREDS JERSEY!!!! I have to say that the fact that my wife got me the 11 game pass and also the race for the playoff spot really got me excited about the preds. It also got me really hyped about what they would do this year, and then..... :shakehead Why can't we all just be friends, AND GET THE DARN DEAL DONE!!! OK, Everybody email somebody they know who likes hockey and tell them to email the NHL and demand that they get something done. They will have to listen to us.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
leaflover said:
Your wallet is the only voice they'll pay any attention to.
Sadly, it isn't. The average fan is low on the totem poll. Corporations and their luxury boxes, and advertisers are much more important. If Bob doesn't want to go to games anymore, Jim will buy his tickets in his place.

BrownWonder

THe owners will get the cap, the players will suffer all they have done to the fans of hockey.l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad