BIG UPDATE! as of 1/27 NHL will make ANOTHER NEW proposal to the PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Darn you beat me! lol

www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp;jsessionid=IKNEJALBBIGD?content=20050126_122859_2272

Guess Eklund "sources" were wrong again with the so called "deal in principle"

BTW this is in the article:

Despite a clandestine meeting held in Toronto Wednesday, little progress was made despite the inclusion of New Jersey Devils GM Lou Lamoriello. Lamoriello, a member of the NHL's negotiating committee, is respected by the union and seen as someone who wants to make a deal.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Drigert beleives that the proposal will include a hard cap with a 15% rollback. Pure speculation in his part.

Go Flames Go*

Lets hope the owners are nicer this time and offer a hard cap at 58% instead of the 57% they gave them in December. Hard cap all the way baby.

Go Owners Go

Linden feats Harley

Harley 4 life

Kukla

Mar 16, 2003
motown
www.kuklaskorner.com
IMO, this means the talks they had Wed. had some meaning to it. NHL went back to NY, conference call to owners, reviewed what when on in mtg, formulated a new proposal. This can't be anyting but progress....

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Despite a clandestine meeting held in Toronto Wednesday, little progress was made despite the inclusion of New Jersey Devils GM Lou Lamoriello. Lamoriello, a member of the NHL's negotiating committee, is respected by the union and seen as someone who wants to make a deal.
Of course... bring in the Devils and the negotations go clutch and grab. :rolly:

Juni

Mar 24, 2004
London, England
www.thechels.net
OK, so if nobody's been saying anything, and very few/nobody knew where they were meeting yesterday, who or what are these 'sources' Sportsnet and FAN590 claim to have which backs up this news? There's not a solid quote from anyone suggesting a proposal is coming.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Juni said:
OK, so if nobody's been saying anything, and very few/nobody knew where they were meeting yesterday, who or what are these 'sources' Sportsnet and FAN590 claim to have which backs up this news? There's not a solid quote from anyone suggesting a proposal is coming.
Clearly not the same sources as some of the blogs out there.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
these rumours don't make any sense whatsoever. the NHL will make a new proposal despite not making much progress from yesterday??? i doubt the NHL makes a new proposal anytime soon since it wouldn't help the process at all. i do believe that little progress was made.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No one knows what exactly is going on. This could all just be a screen and this is how they want the script to be put together. Why would they wait for the 2nd day of the talks to make a proposal? Things are happening out of the ordinary now. For the players to save face in the PR part of this, to make them look better in the face of the fans would be to make it look like they conceded to the owners, espically since most people are on the owners side of this, it would look real bad if the owners were the one to lose.

I wouldn't be shocked either way what happens with this. It would not suprise me if there was a deal done tomorrow, just as it wouldn't suprise me if everyone came out and said nothing is done, we'll talk again later.

Like I keep saying, the talks are not being moved to New York just because.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
nomorekids said:
whereas Eklund is never right :lol

deal in principle. another swing and a miss! :joker:

Actually he has been right on a few things, but that has never been the point. The point is that some people feel the need to force their ideas and beliefs on others when they should just let it go and not read what they dont like.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
nomorekids said:
whereas Eklund is never right :lol

deal in principle. another swing and a miss! :joker:

You people keep reading it. He's going to keep posting. If he is an insider there are a lot of people that don't want a lot more people to know what he claims he knows.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Settle down, There has to be some sort of proposal sooner or later. Do you think they will agree with nothing on paper. They have discussed, now the Nhl writes a proposal on what was negotiated, Players sign, and I am one happy dude. Keep your fingers crossed and the poitive attitudes, the end is near, good or bad.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
go kim johnsson said:
You people keep reading it. He's going to keep posting. If he is an insider there are a lot of people that don't want a lot more people to know what he claims he knows.

I read it twice. I'm laughing at the people that keep starting threads and using him as a credible source, really. "Here's what's going to happen, because that's what Eklund said"

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Bruwinz37 said:
I am not trying to. Those are my words.

Why so angry?
You clearly were taking a shot at me that I was implying that Sportsnet and 590 are correct and blogs are incorrect. Keep playing your games if it suits you. Sportsnet and 590's sources say one thing. Some bloggers with sources say something very different. A number of posters here are more willing to believe one over the other. Maybe people should take a step back and breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad