Big Question about Ladd

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
Suddenly this guy has gone from a nobody to one of the most polished players in the draft, according to many, also saying he's the next nhl ready player behind Ovechkin. My question is, since when does one good rookie season in the WHL warrant such hype? I mean tons of players have had good seasons, its starting to seem like this kid is being over hyped in an attempt to one up somebody elses prediction of his talents.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
rnyquist said:
Suddenly this guy has gone from a nobody to one of the most polished players in the draft, according to many, also saying he's the next nhl ready player behind Ovechkin. My question is, since when does one good rookie season in the WHL warrant such hype? I mean tons of players have had good seasons, its starting to seem like this kid is being over hyped in an attempt to one up somebody elses prediction of his talents.

Well I don't know if he's the next nhl ready player behind Alex O., I think Malkin takes that honor despite the injury, and I don't know if he's even one of the most polished players in the draft. He seems to have good game sense and a knack for scoring goals, which can't be taught. He's put up solid numbers and seems to have all the tools to be an NHL player. I'm still not convinced he's one of the top 6 players in this upcoming draft but he does have a shot at sneaking in the top 8 picks. Especially if some Rangers fans have their way :D

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
AJ1982 said:
Well I don't know if he's the next nhl ready player behind Alex O., I think Malkin takes that honor despite the injury, and I don't know if he's even one of the most polished players in the draft. He seems to have good game sense and a knack for scoring goals, which can't be taught. He's put up solid numbers and seems to have all the tools to be an NHL player. I'm still not convinced he's one of the top 6 players in this upcoming draft but he does have a shot at sneaking in the top 8 picks. Especially if some Rangers fans have their way :D

Not me, I'm set on Schremp or Olesz, i just don't think Ladd is a top 6, hopefully the yotes take him at 5 and make my life easier

DR. Holiday

rnyquist said:

You have to remember that scouts are looking at the potential a player has. Ladd has show a huge leap forward in his developement and also shows top line potential in hockey sense, passing ability and physical play. If his developement stays on this course and he meets his potential you have a great player. That is why he is being talked about as a top 8 pick.
Hope that helps.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
rnyquist said:

I remember Lupul pratically jumping out of nowhere!

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
rnyquist said:
Not me, I'm set on Schremp or Olesz, i just don't think Ladd is a top 6, hopefully the yotes take him at 5 and make my life easier
same with me
i want olesz or schremp, from there i will have to see what's left but i will be disapointed if neither are around (i dont expect olesz to be)

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
in the hall said:
same with me
i want olesz or schremp, from there i will have to see what's left but i will be disapointed if neither are around (i dont expect olesz to be)

What will upset me more is if Sather goes for Ladd over these two players. Both these guys are easily 1st line talent, ladd is more suited for 2nd line duties. I just hope Sather goes speed and skill over size

jincargo

Jan 28, 2004
I see Ladd in the same way I think the Caps saw Fehr last season. Good player but at the time maybe not top 15 material...but has the potential to be top 10 player in time with development and such.

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
My biggest worry is the rangers draft him #6, passing players like Olesz, Schremp or even Wolski over for a guy who's not expected to be a 1st line player. But, if Schremp and Olesz are gone i can deal with Ladd, but not over those 2

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
perin said:
I think Olesz and Shremp will be gone by 6

Olesz to Chicago
Shremp to Phx
i could see the yotes taking Ladd though, they love WHL guys and need a winger a LOT more than they need a center, they have comrie after all

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Olesz and Tukonen would both look good in Phoeinx, but they'd take Ladd over Schremp and probably over Wolski.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
rnyquist said:
What will upset me more is if Sather goes for Ladd over these two players. Both these guys are easily 1st line talent, ladd is more suited for 2nd line duties. I just hope Sather goes speed and skill over size

Size isn't the only factor Ladd brings to the table. But go ahead, you and the other non-believers keep going on
about Brendl, I mean Schremp..... like you said EASILY first line talent :lol

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
Bluenote13 said:
Size isn't the only factor Ladd brings to the table. But go ahead, you and the other non-believers keep going on

yup and you just remember Sathers track record for drafting power forwards. The list is prety darn long of failures

perhaps the names Jason Bonsignore, and Steve Kelly will rings bells

Last edited:

jincargo

Jan 28, 2004
rnyquist said:
yup and you just remember Sathers track record for drafting power forwards. The list is prety darn long of failures

Although it's too early to "offically " say it...but IMO Jessiman at 12th overall is going to end up biting Slats in the rear in the long run.

BLACKBURN

Feb 17, 2003
London
Visit site
I dont know about hugh. He was drafted as a project and I dont think you can even scratch the surace after a year. He is a high risk/high reward player who will take TIME to deveope. It will be years until we will be able to judge his ability at the pro level.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
rnyquist said:

:deadhorse

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Bluenote13 said:

Brendl still has plenty of time before we can call him a bust.
He really showed alot of good things this year in Carolina before going down with an injury.

I still think he is going to be a hell of a hockey player.

BLACKBURN

Feb 17, 2003
London
Visit site
I dont think Brendl will be a good hockey player. Guys like him and Daigle have talent but lack desire. You cant teach it or aquire it. Thats why I think he will be so limited at the pro level.

turnbuckle*

Joe Hulbig, Peter Soberlak, Scott Metcalfe, Kim Issel......not a bright history with the drafting of big forwards, including Kelly and Bonsignore of course. Fortunately Barry Fraser isn't his head scout anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad