Speculation: Big Move Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
The Coyotes are re-locating to Winnipeg. WE'RE GETTING THE NHL BACK FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 18 YEARS!!!

:handclap:

:sarcasm:

Oh the Coyotes will be moving soon but it won't be to Winnipeg, the Coyotes are getting slightly over 10K (announced) and change for the 4 games in this New Year.:shakehead

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Oh the Coyotes will be moving soon but it won't be to Winnipeg, the Coyotes are getting slightly over 10K (announced) and change for the 4 games in this New Year.:shakehead

Papered house...probably 8000 paid, $40-ish a ticket: $320k in gate? I notice in Yotes arena pictures there's never anyone in the suites either.

That being said, I wouldn't mind them making a go of it there...but how long do you try before you declare this experiment a failure?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Papered house...probably 8000 paid, $40-ish a ticket: $320k in gate? I notice in Yotes arena pictures there's never anyone in the suites either.

That being said, I wouldn't mind them making a go of it there...but how long do you try before you declare this experiment a failure?

They have 4 more seasons guaranteed by the CoG.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

yeah that's a pretty damning indictment of PHX as a location for an NHL franchise. They were a whisker away from losing their team last year, somebody comes along and buys the thing and keeps it there and they still can't draw a decent crowd - and the team is pretty good. Not promising...

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
So: big move was nothing really, other than Buff playing forward which was already hinted at yesterday. As this has gone off topic, I think we might as well close this. Have other Buff threads, plus the pre-game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad