Online Series: Big Mouth

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
"Alright alright alright"
-Matthew Modine

2nd season was solid overall. Started off a bit wonky IMO, but really gained some steam down the backstretch. I also have a bit of a rooting bias towards it since a lot of improv guys (Joe Wengert, Gil Ozeri, John Gemberling, Jason Mantzoukas) are involved with the show.
I agree, I loved S1 and at the beginning of S2 I was kind of worried that it would be a 1-hit wonder, but I think S2 ended up being even better.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I think that Jay and Coach Steve are easily the best characters of the show.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This show is amazing in that if you explained what it was like to someone, even hearing yourself speak you wouldn't understand how the show works or how it's allowed to be out there, but it does work and it's so funny. And if teen kids were given the trust to handle the more vulgar content, it would be better than any sex ed video out there.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
This show is amazing in that if you explained what it was like to someone, even hearing yourself speak you wouldn't understand how the show works or how it's allowed to be out there, but it does work and it's so funny. And if teen kids were given the trust to handle the more vulgar content, it would be better than any sex ed video out there.
Thinking back to my days in middle school, watching 2 seasons of this show would have been infinitely more useful than anything they talked about back then.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
just finished season 2, agree with others it didn't start great but got much better as the season went on. Thought the shame monster was annoying but Coach Steve or "Gary" is the best character but I really liked Nick's monster as he had some great lines here and there. Looking forward to season 3.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Second season got much more "risque" than the first lol Not a fan of the singing but overall I liked it.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
just finished season 2, agree with others it didn't start great but got much better as the season went on. Thought the shame monster was annoying but Coach Steve or "Gary" is the best character but I really liked Nick's monster as he had some great lines here and there. Looking forward to season 3.
Dude, I agree. Coach Steve is a hilarious character. In the first season I thought he was annoying, but he was absolutely hilarious in Season 2. He and his hormone monster are perfect. "You're the man!! No... YOU'RE the man!" lmao

Reactions: montreal

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
just finished the new season, was ok, needs more coach steve though.

I actually felt the opposite. It seemed like they had no idea what to do with that character this season, and they kind of ran his joke into the ground a bit. They definitely did that with the talking dog, that bit was killed early.

Definitely disappointing overall, but still had plenty of enjoyable moments.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
damn I missed the part where Netflix signed them for 3 more years last season, So they are going at least 6 seasons, i'm surprised by that. I like the show and all but just surprised Neflix gave them 3 years in one shot.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad