Online Series: Big Mouth

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Added to Netflix recently. Another adult cartoon, this time about puberty. It's getting amazing reviews and it's quite hilarious. Would actually be an amazing as a Sex Ed tool if it wasn't so vulgar (spoiler alert, it's incredibly vulgar).

I think it's aimed mostly at older teenagers and college students but the humour is pretty smart. Not as sophisticated as Bojack Horsemen but still very intelligent humour.

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
Just discovered it too, I'm going to give it a try.

Before Netflix I pretty much only watched Family Guy, American Dad and sometimes The Simpsons (well for cartoons lol) I've discovered so many gems on Netflix it's literally the greatest innovation for TV since the invention of TV.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
I watched the trailer and thought it would be beyond stupid. Then I watched it out of boredom and ended up watching the whole season and thought it was absolutely hilarious. The Hormone Monsters are the best part to me. I also agree it could be a good sex ed tool because it approaches those subjects in a caring, sweet way almost. It's a lot better than you think it's going to be.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I watched the trailer and thought it would be beyond stupid. Then I watched it out of boredom and ended up watching the whole season and thought it was absolutely hilarious. The Hormone Monsters are the best part to me. I also agree it could be a good sex ed tool because it approaches those subjects in a caring, sweet way almost. It's a lot better than you think it's going to be.

It's something I don't think lends well to trailers. You take two minutes in a vacuum and it's just weird. Hormone Monster is definitely the best part. Every scene they're in is hilarious.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Tried a few minutes the other night and shut it off because it seemed so damn weird.

Had the day off today and ended up watching the entire season. Definitely strange but pretty funny. Can't say I've ever seen anything like it.

Reactions: Breakdowns

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The animation is just so off putting. Why do so many modern American cartoons have such ugly character designs?

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Watched about 4 episodes, felt like I seen enough. Was entertaining enough for the first two but then it was like, ok I get the joke we don't have to do this every episode.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just started watching it the other day, f***ing love it, funny as shit at times. The one episode at the end where the monster is talking about the kids dads huge balls, I was cracking up.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Enjoying this season of Big Mouth much more than I did season 1 so far.

Huh. Shoutout to the mod that moved this here. I searched for the thread and nothing came up!

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
This show is so freakin funny. Season 2 took it up another notch :laugh:

The Shame Wizard Character is amazing

"Thick in the Warm" had me dying! With the new legal weed, I am going to rewatch both seasons

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
funny show for sure, almost done season 2, wouldn't say it's better then season one but both have been really good. Nice cameo by Nathan Fillion

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
This show is amazing. Jon Mulaney and Nick Kroll really kill it in this. I think one of the best parts of this show are the little references in the background scenery and some of the side-references that are made as kind of backhanded references.

If you're a fan of Jon Mulaney's stand-up you can notice some easter eggs from his routines that he sticks into the show.

Reactions: HanSolo

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
"Alright alright alright"
-Matthew Modine

2nd season was solid overall. Started off a bit wonky IMO, but really gained some steam down the backstretch. I also have a bit of a rooting bias towards it since a lot of improv guys (Joe Wengert, Gil Ozeri, John Gemberling, Jason Mantzoukas) are involved with the show.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->