Post-Game Talk: Big money boiz bounce back (4-2 over the Wild)

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
We just played our 7th game, we're 6th in the entire league in the standings, and people are absolutely losing their minds about Trevor Moore not being moved up in the roster.

I repeat: Trevor Moore

People need to take a few steps back from the ledge, breathe, and think about what they're actually saying here.

To be honest when in any game in 75% or more of the goals/assists aren't tallied by Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Tavares a select group have been freaking out as well and claim they are playing like s**t even though they have collected 28 points between them already, and that's with the not so stellar Kapanen experiment stymying the Tavares line somewhat. Just so many axes to grind, even when the team is winning.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018

lol these guys called it

matty played with Jt and MArner and scored

I agree that once and a while Babs needs to try something new in game. He's got all the tools in a team, time to start using them.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I said he deserved it last year, are you gunna tell me about the turnover in the Tampa game? Is that what your post is setting up?

No, he just hasn't been very good despite the points, you said he was going to get snubbed again this year, certainly implies he's off to a Norris worthy start. Also he did not deserve the Norris last year, full stop.

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
No, he just hasn't been very good despite the points, you said he was going to get snubbed again this year, certainly implies he's off to a Norris worthy start. Also he did not deserve the Norris last year, full stop.
Yeah he did, if Karlsson gets it with just offense, then why doesnt Rielly?

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Is it just me or are the Leafs allowing a lot less shots against this year?

Yeah despite some shaky games to start the season our defensive metrics are actually all solid right now. I think our defensive breakdowns are still there but we've been way better at stopping the cycle and getting out of our zone with possession so far which is limiting the amount of offense the other team can generate.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
11th actually.

Nobody should be losing their minds but is that's really what's happening?

We're 6th. Arguably points/game (where we would be 11th) better reflects our results but in the official league standings we're 6th.

Points/game isn't without its own issues though. It's a bit of a stretch to say the Rangers' 4 points in 3 games makes them a top 10 team.

justanotherleafsfan

Oct 5, 2019
Ok, his analytics are off the charts when you factor in his partners, Zaitsev, Hainsey and now Ceci.

But you like the 'informed' opinion of complete hack journos.

Thanks for the post, so much insight... oofff

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
The official standings are dumb, PPG makes so much more sense.

Well we're still 6th. PPG isn't perfect either, unless you think the Rangers' 2-1-0 record after 3 games makes them a better team than the Leafs (and 20 other teams).

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Well we're still 6th. PPG isn't perfect either, unless you think the Rangers' 2-1-0 record after 3 games makes them a better team than the Leafs (and 20 other teams).

We're 6th only according to a dumb system.

I never said PPG was perfect, just better then the "official" nonsense.

Anyhow, 6th in the middle of October means nothing anway. If people want to say whee we're 6th and that makes them happy then fine. To me, it's just nonsense.

Reactions: Polaris1010

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Yeah he did, if Karlsson gets it with just offense, then why doesnt Rielly?

I mean Giordano outscored him...I don't even know where to start, I get people arguing he should have been nominated but you guys actually think he should have won?

Ok, his analytics are off the charts when you factor in his partners, Zaitsev, Hainsey and now Ceci.

But you like the 'informed' opinion of complete hack journos.

Thanks for the post, so much insight... oofff

Riiiight what makes your opinion insightful? You're parading a wildly unpopular opinion and just calling people who disagree with you hacks, worthless post.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Why are there only 7 pages after this win?, the last game's loss there were 18 pages by this time.
Leafs lose and its 18 pages of "fIrE bAbCoCk"

Leafs win and its "yay win won" followed by 3-4 posts of the Nightingale song followed by "I dont care if we won Marner Matthews Nylander and Tavares still make too much money" for a good 5 pages. A real downer.

Reactions: Polaris1010

justanotherleafsfan

Oct 5, 2019
I mean Giordano outscored him...I don't even know where to start, I get people arguing he should have been nominated but you guys actually think he should have won?

Riiiight what makes your opinion insightful? You're parading a wildly unpopular opinion and just calling people who disagree with you hacks, worthless post.
A blueliner's partner is emerging as a cornerstone of evaluating talent on the blueline but surprise surprise you are ignorant to how to judge performance.

Burns got nomitated and outscored him but Burns doesn't even play on a top pair, he plays sheltered minutes. So by journo wisdom that can be overlooked and he outplayed Rielly.

This are silly posts, push back with something of merit already, this is like dunking on a six foot net.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Those 4 greedy ****ers finally earned their pay for one game.

I expect this level of performance every night. That's what we've bought.

You should really learn to enjoy a win for a change. It really does help, pretty good for your health.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
A blueliner's partner is emerging as a cornerstone of evaluating talent on the blueline but surprise surprise you are ignorant to how to judge performance.

Burns got nomitated and outscored him but Burns doesn't even play on a top pair, he plays sheltered minutes. So by journo wisdom that can be overlooked and he outplayed Rielly.

This are silly posts, push back with something of merit already, this is like dunking on a six foot net.

You think you're "dunking"? Really? Again, you're the one arguing a Norris win for a guy who got 0 first place votes over a guy who won in an absolute landslide with 165, if you disagree with everyone on the planet and want to be so aggressive about it at least bring some stats don't just say "he played with Hainsey" and call it a day. The closest you've got to a point is mentioning Burns who again did not win the Norris, he got 2 first place votes, so he wasn't even close. You need to argue Rielly over Giordano, the guy making the claim no one else supports has that job, and by the way, "they're hacks" isn't going to hack it.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Washington is a very good team and so we are and I certainly believe we have a better offense (you guys can argue, but that's what I believe), our defense is still a suspect especially when we are playing teams Tampa, Washington, and any other offensive team with speed, hopefully they are going to get better when they get used to each other and once Dermott is back

There is no reason why we can't win tonight but we can't give open chances to the likes of Ovi and company, he is going to get his chances but we can't leave give him open chances, we need to take care of our own end and stay away from penalty box

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Leafs lose and its 18 pages of "fIrE bAbCoCk"

Leafs win and its "yay win won" followed by 3-4 posts of the Nightingale song followed by "I dont care if we won Marner Matthews Nylander and Tavares still make too much money" for a good 5 pages. A real downer.

Yeah I agree about the toxic negativity here but its not really a mystery as to why there are less comments, and I see this mentioned often but there just isn't much to say when a game goes well, I rarely even check these PGT's, also they're just way funnier when we lose.

But yeah, the contract talk needs to just stop, its over now, we're set with these guys for at least 5 years are they going to complain about it for 1500+days?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad