OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Chris Hardwick allegations are interesting...

Chloe says a bunch of stuff and says she has evidence if the person denies it happened.
Chris denied its him so if she has evidence that it is him, why would he, right? But the reactions by people associated to him, I mean wow, this is the current landscape that if someone is even remotely accused or alluded to it, their entire career is done even before that person can speak to defend themselves if it was them or not.

Also the twitter people (i know, i know, trashy people) say it's a pattern with people like him - Yet not one of his exes ever said a thing and she waited 4yrs?

I feel bad for people that are innocent and are being accused to abuse the current landscape with the metoo movement which really has become some witch hunt.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
you should be able to bluetooth the PS4 controller, yeah. I bluetooth my Switch Pro controller.

Oh perfect. I'll look into it. Although I am curious if the deals are the same on Xbox first and if the deal is better on PC, might as well give it a whirl.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
The Chris Hardwick allegations are interesting...

Chloe says a bunch of stuff and says she has evidence if the person denies it happened.
Chris denied its him so if she has evidence that it is him, why would he, right? But the reactions by people associated to him, I mean wow, this is the current landscape that if someone is even remotely accused or alluded to it, their entire career is done even before that person can speak to defend themselves if it was them or not.

Also the twitter people (i know, i know, trashy people) say it's a pattern with people like him - Yet not one of his exes ever said a thing and she waited 4yrs?

I feel bad for people that are innocent and are being accused to abuse the current landscape with the metoo movement which really has become some witch hunt.
What I've seen has been about a larger pattern of nerd culture, not just this particular case. IDK where I'm at in regards to the #MeToo movement. On the one hand, no one should be victimized, and part of taking your personal power back is raising your voice and shedding the shame and stigma of being abused. On the other hand the court of public opinion isn't about real justice.

Then on the other, other hand I'm not sure where the line between personal and professional is. Sometimes it's easy, like a convicted pedophile shouldn't be allowed to care for children. Sometimes it's not so clear. Like, Joss Whedon. Does his personal interactions with women take away from the strong female characters in his work? Does the personal life of an artist supersede their work? But politicians personal lives are fair game, because they're representing a section of the population and are indicative of how they'll do their jobs.

I'm sure sooner or later someone will take advantage of it. It's probably already happened. But the movement itself needs to happen. We need to rethink what is acceptable, and what constitutes abuse of power as part of humanity's continued evolution.

Last edited:

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I have a ROG laptop at home, I don't think I've ever actually used it for what it was intended for though, I might buy a game on the cheap and see how that goes.
Check it out before Monday, when the Summer sale ends. I picked up 4 games for $9.50, and saved $40. They also gave me a $19 bonus game for free for spending $5. It doesn't really seem like something I'd be in to but still a nice bonus/gesture.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Like, Joss Whedon. Does his personal interactions with women take away from the strong female characters in his work? Does the personal life of an artist supersede their work?

Yes and yes. I’m not touching the bigger discussion because No... I have no desire to get infracted or be done with this place. But, yeah, people’s actions supersede their work and can effect how it’s perceived. They also usually point to problems in their work that need to be highlighted and become more concerning.

I’m not going to say cut out what they’ve done because people can make their own decisions but don’t pretend someone like f***ing Polanski’s or Weinstein’s personal life doesn’t supersede their work. Those are more extreme examples but it’s the principle. People’s real world actions are more important and telling than their art.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
What I've seen has been about a larger pattern of nerd culture, not just this particular case. IDK where I'm at in regards to the #MeToo movement. On the one hand, no one should be victimized, and part of taking your personal power back is raising your voice and shedding the shame and stigma of being abused. On the other hand the court of public opinion isn't about real justice.

Then on the other, other hand I'm not sure where the line between personal and professional is. Sometimes it's easy, like a convicted pedophile shouldn't be allowed to care for children. Sometimes it's not so clear. Like, Joss Whedon. Does his personal interactions with women take away from the strong female characters in his work? Does the personal life of an artist supersede their work? But politicians personal lives are fair game, because they're representing a section of the population and are indicative of how they'll do their jobs.

I'm sure sooner or later someone will take advantage of it. It's probably already happened. But the movement itself needs to happen. We need to rethink what is acceptable, and what constitutes abuse of power as part of humanity's continued evolution.

A few things...

- Chloe's career was crap before and after, her claims of her career being ruined is kind of a "he ruined my life that I didn't have" type of deal.
- If you say you have proof and that you will turn it over only when someone argues the allegations, of which she leaves anonymous to begin with, seems fishy to me. First off, you have proof and you claim sexual assault, why not file those charges? It seems clearly that this person wanted to ruin a career, whether true or not, that's messed up.
- Again, you have PROOF, why don't you lead with that with the authorities? Her entire article/confession about what was done, just seems meticulously written out as if she got a lot of help by a PR person to trash someone.
- People claim patterns, none of his exes have spoken out about it.
- Has shades of the Aziz Ansari thing, someone seeing an opportunity to ruin someone that is happy with their life. Chris is married, moved on, she cheated on him and he left her and met his wife, seems like someone trying to get back at someone.

Now if he's saying its false, if I were his lawyer, I would get in touch with her to disclose the proof because she's made it seem like it was him, if it isn't, I'd be trying to know why she would be so aloof with the fact that she was trying to name him but not name him.

Imagine going to a party, you talk to some friends and co-workers and then the next day, someone says "DegenX is claiming you made harassing comments to her in the coat room..." you're like what? I did not "Well you're fired, too bad." No proof, before an investigation, you're fired. What happens when it's found out that none of it happened, how does that person fix their life now?

That part is what is troublesome with the current landscape in all of this. A person's career, life, everything is absolutely ruined before any proof or investigation is held.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yes and yes. I’m not touching the bigger discussion because No... I have no desire to get infracted or be done with this place. But, yeah, people’s actions supersede their work and can effect how it’s perceived. They also usually point to problems in their work that need to be highlighted and become more concerning.

I’m not going to say cut out what they’ve done because people can make their own decisions but don’t pretend someone like ****ing Polanski’s or Weinstein’s personal life doesn’t supersede their work. Those are more extreme examples but it’s the principle. People’s real world actions are more important and telling than their art.
What was WHedon's issue again? Was it a bunch of people that claimed it or was it just an ex?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Honestly, I stopped taking the #MeToo movement seriously after a woman accused Aziz Ansari of "sexually assaulting" her because they had a bad date or something. The fact that the #MeToo movement jumped on that and took it seriously just showed that the actual movement is a joke. It's really sad, because sexual harassment is a very serious issue, and a lot of men need to look in the mirror and realize that they need to change, but the people in the #MeToo movement ruin the actual movement. My sister has gotten harassment-worthy messages on professional sites like LinkedIn (it genuinely makes no sense to me why someone would send "Hey Mrs. Westinghouse, you look beautiful, I want to marry you" on LinkedIn, but I guess I'm just a normal functioning member of society), it's mind boggling how terrible and disrespectful some people can be.

Honestly, it seems like so many movements like these ones have become super extremist in recent years. You also have a recent emergence of the alt-right, the Tea Party and literal communists in the political spectrum, and you also have things like modern day feminism (you know exactly who I'm talking about when it comes to this) and anti-vaxxers becoming super extremist. I don't know what has caused this, people aren't being moderates anymore and instead are going to extreme ends of the spectrum on many things.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Check it out before Monday, when the Summer sale ends. I picked up 4 games for $9.50, and saved $40. They also gave me a $19 bonus game for free for spending $5. It doesn't really seem like something I'd be in to but still a nice bonus/gesture.
Can I download it on another computer if say, mine crashes and I need to re-download it? Or do you just get the entire freaking thing that you can add to a hard drive that you can keep?

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Can I download it on another computer if say, mine crashes and I need to re-download it? Or do you just get the entire freaking thing that you can add to a hard drive that you can keep?
Unlimited downloads and DRM free, so you can move the game files to whatever PC/thumb drive or you can just keep redownloading the game where and when ever.

They also have an optional feature that looks similar to a steam or origin client which manages your library and updates games, keeps game saves in the cloud, etc but I haven't delved into that yet.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
yPNVPNn.gif

NCGRWEC.gif

RyYBBup.gif

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I need to remember my login info for GOG.com. I've got some games on there that I need to re-download to my new laptop.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So on GOG, Witcher 3 is 27.99, on Xbox live - it's 28, I mean...

I guess it'd just make sense to buy it on Xbox in that case.

I've only watched 1 game of the world cup so far, it was Iran vs Morocco and I saw an absurd amount of dives. I screwed up because the Spain-Portugal game was insane, but I picked a bad game to watch. The game I watched really reminded me what I dislike about soccer.

It's the same game I saw which made me want to post that and why I hate soccer, as a brit, my cousins in the UK think I have betrayed them for hockey.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So on GOG, Witcher 3 is 27.99, on Xbox live - it's 28, I mean...

I guess it'd just make sense to buy it on Xbox in that case.

Is it different in different regions? Witcher 3 Game of the Year edition (which I believe includes both huge expansion packs) is listed as $21.67 right now for me on GOG.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
A new project I've been taking up is taking my old hockey sticks and turning them into an end table, something like this:

End_Table_red.jpg

What I'm learning is that it's really tiring to cut sticks with a saw, and I don't have nearly enough sticks :laugh:

Since I played goalie my whole life and only have goalie sticks, I'm planning on using cut up paddles of goalie sticks as the lower table and using the top end of the sticks as the supports.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That looks awesome, I would only suggest some extensions to the ends of the legs, either to stop scuffing or adds a more finished look.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Is it different in different regions? Witcher 3 Game of the Year edition (which I believe includes both huge expansion packs) is listed as $21.67 right now for me on GOG.
Strange. It's $19.99 USD for me.

ETA: It may be further discounted for me because I just created an account and they give you a 48 hour "welcome" discount on some games.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
What I was debating is would it look good to add a knob at the end of the legs, like the top of a stick? I like the idea, I'm just not sure if it would look good.
That's what I meant, without thinking about it being a butt-end which would be even better, but if you can even find the rubber butt-ends for cheaper than the extenders at Home Depot/Rona, then even better.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Unless I fly home to Pittsburgh, buy the game and fly back to Canada, lol

Yeah seems like the prices are by region.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That's what I meant, without thinking about it being a butt-end which would be even better, but if you can even find the rubber butt-ends for cheaper than the extenders at Home Depot/Rona, then even better.

Yeah I was thinking about rubber bottoms too, but then I thought about just giving it a tape butt end and thought that might look good. It also makes my life a lot easier with the bottoms of the legs, since they don't have to be completely straight if I'm taping a butt end over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad