OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
One thing I'll say though is that when developers move towards online and multiplayer, someone always seems to come in and fill the void they left behind in single player. Despite some games moving to an online focus, there is no shortage of high quality single player games being released on a regular basis. I'm sure there are specific examples where a game has shifted to online without a good single player replacement in it's genre replacing it, but that seems pretty rare to me. Classic run and gun FPS is the best example I'd have of that being a real concern, but hopefully games like Doom and Wolfenstein are the start of a shift back.

Hell, even the cRPG genre is making a comeback. Many of us were 2 games ahead of the current trend of being upset at Fallout changing genres. Welcome to the club Fallout 76 haters :laugh:

Last edited:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Got it. I played and enjoyed Lost and the Damned but never got a chance to try Ballad of Gay Tony but heard it was pretty solid.

Did you like the "Episodes From..." games? The GTA III Liberty City had one and Vice City had one as well.

The "Episodes From" games were just "The Lost And Damned" and "Ballad of Gay Tony."

You're thinking of "Liberty City Stories" and "Vice City Stories." :teach:

I bought both of them off the PSN store years ago. I thought "Liberty City Stories" was great as I loved GTA III and it's rendition of Liberty City.

I thought "Vice City Stories" was meh and forgettable however.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They look cool but I've never owned an Xbox so I've never played any gears. How's gears 4? It's the only one on PC as far as I know. The tactics one they showed at E3 looks cool.
Play all 3 and when i say 3 I mean all but judgement day which we don't include in the series because it's crap.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Play all 3 and when i say 3 I mean all but judgement day which we don't include in the series because it's crap.
There are 4 plus judgement day. Three of them are only available on xbox, which I don't have. 4 is the only one that I actually can play. So the question is should I play 4, or should I continue playing none at all?

edit: actually it looks like there's a version of the original on PC now.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It still amazes me to this day that at nearly 23 years old, I'm still terrified of bees. I have no idea why, but I'm absolutely terrified of them.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
There are 4 plus judgement day. Three of them are only available on xbox, which I don't have. 4 is the only one that I actually can play. So the question is should I play 4, or should I continue playing none at all?

edit: actually it looks like there's a version of the original on PC now.

Yeah my bad, for some reason I thought 3, there are 5 in total with a 6 one coming out at some point in 2019.

Judgement Day was just such a gong show because of the online play, but the campaign is mediocre, I guess it's alright if you want to play all of them, they all kind of go back and forth in the story.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It still amazes me to this day that at nearly 23 years old, I'm still terrified of bees. I have no idea why, but I'm absolutely terrified of them.
I stepped in a ground bee nest once and got stung on my legs probably like 40-50 times. It was without a doubt the most painful thing I've ever experienced, including a torn ligament in my ankle and a machete down to my shin bone. My leg burned and I was nauseous for days. The same groundskeeping job they asked me to deal with a hornets nest outside one of the buildings. I straight up told them no, 8 dollars an hour is not nearly enough for that bs.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
1) how? 2) could have been disastrous
I was 18 and worked landscaping and they gave us machetes to clear a bunch of brush and stuff out. I couldn't get through a branch so after a few swings I really wound up and swung as hard as I could instead of swinging away from myself. Well, I got through it and kept on going. It actually didn't hurt at first. I actually kept working for another 2 or 3 swings before it really clicked and I felt the blood. , I was super gross to see my own shin bone. The doctor cleaning it out hurt before giving my the shot and stitches hurt sooooo bad though.

Luckily, no real harm done long term. It's about a 6 inch scar running down my left shin, but that's all there is to show for it. Though there's pretty much nothing actually there, and it bleeds really easily if I hit that spot on something.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Before Whedon f***ed it all up, I actually liked Batfleck as Batman, but man, if Richard Armitage was cast instead like he could have been...that would have been glorious. Loved his work in Spooks, Robin Hood, and then The Hobbit.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Before Whedon ****ed it all up, I actually liked Batfleck as Batman, but man, if Richard Armitage was cast instead like he could have been...that would have been glorious. Loved his work in Spooks, Robin Hood, and then The Hobbit.
There's no actor in the world that could have saved either of the Batfleck movies though. I really don't get how you can dislike so many other movies but you like BvS. I mean it's fine, enjoy what you enjoy. I just don't get it :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
There's no actor in the world that could have saved either of the Batfleck movies though. I really don't get how you can dislike so many other movies but you like BvS. I mean it's fine, enjoy what you enjoy. I just don't get it :laugh:
And I don't get how so many people can like the same shit with the same out come over and over again and shit all over something that tried to be different. JL tried too hard to be what Marvel has been doing and doing well and it ruined the whole thing.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
How can team USA national miss the world cup? It is only the most important world wide sporting contest.

What punks.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
One thing I'll say though is that when developers move towards online and multiplayer, someone always seems to come in and fill the void they left behind in single player. Despite some games moving to an online focus, there is no shortage of high quality single player games being released on a regular basis. I'm sure there are specific examples where a game has shifted to online without a good single player replacement in it's genre replacing it, but that seems pretty rare to me. Classic run and gun FPS is the best example I'd have of that being a real concern, but hopefully games like Doom and Wolfenstein are the start of a shift back.

Hell, even the cRPG genre is making a comeback. Many of us were 2 games ahead of the current trend of being upset at Fallout changing genres. Welcome to the club Fallout 76 haters :laugh:

Fallout 76 is going to suck.

Also, CDProject Red is the new king when it comes to single player RPGs.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
And I don't get how so many people can like the same **** with the same out come over and over again and **** all over something that tried to be different. JL tried too hard to be what Marvel has been doing and doing well and it ruined the whole thing.
I respect them for trying, but they made a shit movie regardless of their intent.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Fallout 76 is going to suck.

Also, CDProject Red is the new king when it comes to single player RPGs.
Fallout 3 and 4 sucked too imo, so no argument here :laugh:

And lets see cyberpunk live up to the hype before handing them the crown. They've done well so far though, no doubt.

What I really want is for someone to finally nail the combat in one of these big action rpgs. It ruins most of them for me, and imo holds the best back from being really great. Give me dnd style party combat like Baldur's gate or Kotor, legit turn based combat like jrpgs or tactics type games, or give me good action combat like devil may cry or Bayonetta. The Witcher and some others do well enough to still be great games, but games like fallout 3 or Skyrim are just not worth playing because the combat is so bad imo.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hey I said you should enjoy what you enjoy. I just don't get it is all lol
CVohlLM.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad