OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Classic films released on blu-ray my good Sir. ;)

In the case of this new preorder I just put in it'll be for "The Changeling" from 1980.

Arguably the best ghost story to ever be put to film. And a truly unsettling movie.

aww man I can't find it. There was dust on a mirror from the knocking down walls in one picture. The next picture has 3 question marks from a boney finger with a huge white blob with contrast adjustment reveals a face and a man with finger raised up. Swear on life. I have it, but damn... of course I can't find it. Scariest shit I ever seen with my own eyes.
I'll get it. It's real.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Speaking of camping, I was just thinking that I can't even remember how I did it without a headlamp. We just take them for granted now.
I remember going without one and trying to hold the flashlight under my chin and trying to take a piss, now it's like the most amazing thing ever with a nice head lamp that tilts up and down so you can point it forward and down to light your path while keeping your head up.

We always have 2 back-ups just in case.

@Clare2904

My gf was watching me type out the camping info in the PM and she starts yelling at me to remind you - Feminine hygiene products, please don't forget them and the wet wipes will be something you'll use a lot - for you know, your lady area. Also, don't forget to bring water.

Otherwise, I think I covered all of the bases, I hope you have a blast!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Bro you believe in ghosts? I dont but i am shakin after this picture from my brother who remodeled his gf house... let me dig out my iphone 5 if i can find this it will blow you away... sec

Like @MetalheadPenguinsFan I don't believe in that shit, I mean if ghosts exist, they've seen me do some really weird shit in my teens and as an adult, if they do exist they'd be like "Nah, let's leave that guy alone, dude is a little out there when he's by himself."

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I remember going without one and trying to hold the flashlight under my chin and trying to take a piss, now it's like the most amazing thing ever with a nice head lamp that tilts up and down so you can point it forward and down to light your path while keeping your head up.

We always have 2 back-ups just in case.

@Clare2904

My gf was watching me type out the camping info in the PM and she starts yelling at me to remind you - Feminine hygiene products, please don't forget them and the wet wipes will be something you'll use a lot - for you know, your lady area. Also, don't forget to bring water.

Otherwise, I think I covered all of the bases, I hope you have a blast!

Haha, I'll, you know, time the trip accordingly :biglaugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The new smash bros game announcement has me geeking out hard core :laugh:

Every smash bros character that has ever been in any game plus Daisy, Ridley and Inkling? Plus there could be more? Take my money right now. A new Mario party game is also pretty dope.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Checked my email this morning and much to my surprise and delight another horror blu-ray that I had ordered awhile back (that's supposed to be out at the beginning of July) is being sent to me early. :) :) :)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The new smash bros game announcement has me geeking out hard core :laugh:

Every smash bros character that has ever been in any game plus Daisy, Ridley and Inkling? Plus there could be more? Take my money right now. A new Mario party game is also pretty dope.
Looks super good. The Wii-U version was really goodnow please just have good online. This looks so good.

Also, while I don't care about Fortnite, I do care that Fortnite is apparently supporting voice chat on Switch. Man I hope they prove it functions well and other games can join in. All of the Mario party/sports games and even smash and mario kart would be 100x better with voice chat, at least in private matches with friends. The closer Nintendo can make the online experience to feeling like you're in the same room, the better.

Also, that Fire Emblem looked really good.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
now please just have good online. This looks so good.

Yeah Smash bros looks amazing, and in all honesty, I'm indifferent on online play. There's so much offline play available that I don't really mind it. A big thing I wanted in the new Smash game is the ability to unlock players, because it always felt boring to just have every character immediately. I wanted that and some sort of adventure mode, Smash 4 didn't have either of those. Watching some of the Smash demo, I've noticed that this game looks faster than other games. It looks similar in aesthetics to Smash 4, but it seems faster.

Also, while I don't care about Fortnite, I do care that Fortnite is apparently supporting voice chat on Switch. Man I hope they prove it functions well and other games can join in. All of the Mario party/sports games and even smash and mario kart would be 100x better with voice chat, at least in private matches with friends. The closer Nintendo can make the online experience to feeling like you're in the same room, the better.

I somehow just did better on my first Switch Fortnite game than I do for most of my PC Fortnite games. I don't play Fortnite often, but I will enjoy having that on my Switch and playing it now and then. My game ran really well, and while I saw some other people lagging, I didn't lag at all.

The Switch has an insane lineup for the second half of 2018 for new games. Seriously, this is really impressive:

1. Mario Tennis Aces on June 22nd
2. Wolfenstein 2 on June 29th
3. Captain Toad on July 13th
4. FIFA 19 on September 28th
5. Mega Man 11 on October 2nd
6. Super Mario Party on October 5th
7. Starlink: Battle for Atlas on October 16th (Star Fox is available only on the Switch version)
8. Pokemon Let's Go on November 16th
9. Smash Bros Ultimate on December 7th
10. New Yoshi game (Rumored to be titled "Yoshi's Flipping World") possibly in Fall 2018, I see it has been pushed back to 2019 currently though

Those are just the games that caught my eye that I'm familiar with, that's an impressive lineup.

Reactions: That1Kid

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Work stressing me out, trying to complete and completely lost. Can't wait until I'm off after Friday, hope it all gets solved by then and I can chill but bet it won't be... work, man.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah Smash bros looks amazing, and in all honesty, I'm indifferent on online play. There's so much offline play available that I don't really mind it. A big thing I wanted in the new Smash game is the ability to unlock players, because it always felt boring to just have every character immediately. I wanted that and some sort of adventure mode, Smash 4 didn't have either of those. Watching some of the Smash demo, I've noticed that this game looks faster than other games. It looks similar in aesthetics to Smash 4, but it seems faster.
Smash Bros single player just doesn't do anything for me, and I just don't get my gaming friends together anywhere near often enough to play with any regularity. So online for multiplayer focused games are a pretty big factor for me.
I somehow just did better on my first Switch Fortnite game than I do for most of my PC Fortnite games. I don't play Fortnite often, but I will enjoy having that on my Switch and playing it now and then. My game ran really well, and while I saw some other people lagging, I didn't lag at all.

The Switch has an insane lineup for the second half of 2018 for new games. Seriously, this is really impressive:

1. Mario Tennis Aces on June 22nd
2. Wolfenstein 2 on June 29th
3. Captain Toad on July 13th
4. FIFA 19 on September 28th
5. Mega Man 11 on October 2nd
6. Super Mario Party on October 5th
7. Starlink: Battle for Atlas on October 16th (Star Fox is available only on the Switch version)
8. Pokemon Let's Go on November 16th
9. Smash Bros Ultimate on December 7th
10. New Yoshi game (Rumored to be titled "Yoshi's Flipping World") possibly in Fall 2018, I see it has been pushed back to 2019 currently though

Those are just the games that caught my eye that I'm familiar with, that's an impressive lineup.
Yeah that's pretty good stuff. Though Tennis and Party are in the same boat as smash for me, I simply won't be playing them if I can't effectively play them with my friends.

Wolfenstein and Megaman are definitely games I'm looking forward to. Starlink depends on whether those stupid toy things are actually a real factor or not. Because that's an instant no-go for me. Hopefully Yoshi ends up being good and not super easy like epic yarn. I want a legit yoshi's island follow-up dammit :laugh: Also, you missed Octopath Traveler, which I am hopeful for. And Crash Bandicoot Trilogy, which I already pre-ordered. And Dark Souls. And Okami. There's just too damn much :laugh:

None of the new things even really matter for me because I have such a backlog already. I currently have the following games somewhat played but not really completed

1. Mario Odyssey: I beat the game but haven't gone back through to get the extra stars
2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC and end game stuff
3. Mario and Rabbids challenges, and then the DK DLC coming out.
4. Celeste: I beat the main game but have only done 3 of the B side levels.
5. Battlechasers Nightwar: I'm about half way through this game
6. Furi: I have only beaten like 3 bosses

And then I have these pretty much untouched

7. Bayonetta 1 and 2
8. Megaman Collection 1 and 2
9. DK Tropical Freeze
10. Steamworld Heist
11. Steamworld Dig
12. Golf Story
13. Super Gunvolt Blast
14. Enter the Gungeon

and now I really want to get Hollow Knight :laugh:

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Nintendo Switch is the best video game console that has ever come out, and I say that with absolutely no hesitation. It's less powerful than other consoles, that doesn't really make a difference unless you make a big deal out of playing in 4K. I'm a 4K snob, I have a dual monitor setup with 2 4K monitors with a super powerful graphics card plus a 4K smart TV, and I genuinely don't care that the switch maxes out at 1080p. That's really the only reason to pick a PS4 or XBox 1 over a switch, and I'm not even sure that the PS4 offers 4K. The switch being portable is absolutely revolutionary and what makes the system as good as it is, I would 100% take that trade off of a lower resolution for portability. Sony and Microsoft have been focused on improving graphics, with making their systems more powerful and have higher resolution. Nintendo was focused on making an amazing system.

In the past, the big issues with Nintendo were that their systems had issues and/or the game lineup for their systems was weak. That's not the case at all with the switch. The switch has equally as strong games as the PS4 or XBox one has, that's based on Metacritic average Metascore too, that's not just my opinion. The Switch in 2017 had more "Great games" (meaning scores of over 90 on Metacritic) than the PS4 and XBox combined, and 6 of the 10 "Great games" in 2017 are playable on the switch (Bayonetta, Shovel Knight, Mario Kart, Okami, Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey). In 2018, 2 of the top 3 games released so far have been on the Switch, with Celeste and Bayonetta 2, and you also have a ton of Switch games in the top-25 (there are a lot of repeats, Celeste shows up 4 times in the top-16 on all of its systems, so I'm going to leave it at a ton).

Honestly, the Switch and PS4 are competing for the best system in terms of games released, and the XBox 1 is lagging really far behind. The PS4 has amazing games like God of War, Undertale (I love this game), Horizon Zero Dawn and Persona 5, but the Switch has Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Bayonetta 1 and 2 and Mario Kart Deluxe. Both systems share a lot of the remaining top games. I genuinely don't see a reason to buy an XBox at this point, it's just a PS4 if you took away all of its good games.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Skipped the WiiU and was planning on getting a Switch eventually, Smash Bros. and Mario Party definitely will make that decision easier. That mech game looks really good too, DaemonXMachina.

Also, Soul Calibur VI releases in October.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Skipped the WiiU and was planning on getting a Switch eventually, Smash Bros. and Mario Party definitely will make that decision easier. That mech game looks really good too, DaemonXMachina.

Also, Soul Calibur VI releases in October.
I hope deamonxmachina is good. I believe it's got one of the main developers from armoured core 2 involved, so I'm super hopeful.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Nintendo Switch is the best video game console that has ever come out, and I say that with absolutely no hesitation. It's less powerful than other consoles, that doesn't really make a difference unless you make a big deal out of playing in 4K. I'm a 4K snob, I have a dual monitor setup with 2 4K monitors with a super powerful graphics card plus a 4K smart TV, and I genuinely don't care that the switch maxes out at 1080p. That's really the only reason to pick a PS4 or XBox 1 over a switch, and I'm not even sure that the PS4 offers 4K. The switch being portable is absolutely revolutionary and what makes the system as good as it is, I would 100% take that trade off of a lower resolution for portability. Sony and Microsoft have been focused on improving graphics, with making their systems more powerful and have higher resolution. Nintendo was focused on making an amazing system.

In the past, the big issues with Nintendo were that their systems had issues and/or the game lineup for their systems was weak. That's not the case at all with the switch. The switch has equally as strong games as the PS4 or XBox one has, that's based on Metacritic average Metascore too, that's not just my opinion. The Switch in 2017 had more "Great games" (meaning scores of over 90 on Metacritic) than the PS4 and XBox combined, and 6 of the 10 "Great games" in 2017 are playable on the switch (Bayonetta, Shovel Knight, Mario Kart, Okami, Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey). In 2018, 2 of the top 3 games released so far have been on the Switch, with Celeste and Bayonetta 2, and you also have a ton of Switch games in the top-25 (there are a lot of repeats, Celeste shows up 4 times in the top-16 on all of its systems, so I'm going to leave it at a ton).

Honestly, the Switch and PS4 are competing for the best system in terms of games released, and the XBox 1 is lagging really far behind. The PS4 has amazing games like God of War, Undertale (I love this game), Horizon Zero Dawn and Persona 5, but the Switch has Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Bayonetta 1 and 2 and Mario Kart Deluxe. Both systems share a lot of the remaining top games. I genuinely don't see a reason to buy an XBox at this point, it's just a PS4 if you took away all of its good games.

I have XB1 and PS4, I can honestly say I am on my XB1 a lot because of Netflix, which PS4 has too so there's no real reason for me to not use my PS4 besides the fact that I occasionally play Gears of War.

I haven't bought the Switch, I have been debating it though. I like that whole tablet thing that I can play without having to sit in one spot, that was really creative and awesome.

I do regret buying the Wii, which now collects dust with my N64 and other older consoles that I refuse to sell or let go.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I got my money's worth out of my Wii in the year I had it while in college. After that I didn't use it much, but man did it get used a lot in that first year. I'd have a hard time arguing with the value I've gotten out of my Switch at this point even if I never bought another game. Between Zelda, Mario, Mario and Rabbids, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I put in a few hundred hours of some of the best games I've played in years.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I was happy with my Wii, I don't own one anymore, but I was really happy with it when I had one. Granted, I was a teenager/pre teen when I had my Wii, so maybe that influences that. I can assure you that the switch doesn't have the problems that the Wii had, though. The Wii was fun because it was a new type of gaming and I enjoyed games like Wii Sports, but the Switch is nothing like that. The Switch is on par with the best video game systems in terms of available games, and the Switch also adds the ability to play games on the go with equivalent quality.

With that being said, the Wii itself was really good. I remember playing Super Monkey Ball when the Wii originally came out at one of my friend's houses, that was way back when I was in elementary or middle school. It's crazy how long ago that came out, I'm nearly 23 now and I remember playing Wii games when I was 11 or 12. I don't even consider the Wii as my original childhood console, I have the GameCube as my original console. The WiiU was trash, though. I don't blame anyone for skipping over that console.

Edit: This puts everything in perspective. Man, I miss the gold old days of chilling with my neighborhood friends after climbing trees in my neighborhood. I remember talking to my older friends about the schedule I had in high school and they'd give me advice to how to deal with those teachers, since they were all 2 years older than me. Those were fun times.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The biggest problem with Sony is that it doesn't play nice with the other consoles. They're selling a ton of their consoles, yet you can't cross platform with them.

Xbox, PC, Nintendo will, but Sony is all like "nah, f*** you."

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
My wife and I are going camping in Algonquin on Monday. We took the canoe out for a test run last night with the dog to make sure everything was working well. Saw a buck right along the shoreline, got within 10-15 feet of it. We watched him for about 5 minutes before he left.

Hopefully we some some moose next week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->