OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
The height is fine, if you're in your tent, its usually to lay down and relax with a book or just to sleep or you know, camping hanky panky. But dome height, I mean the bigger you go the more height you get, in our 8 person tent I can stand up fully and be fine, even in my 5 person tent I can some what stand up almost up straight to get dressed and get outside.

I also always prefer dome at night as the light fills better inside with a decent sized lamp.

I prefer dome as well. Maybe I'm just over sensitive on the height thing because I'm 6'5". And A+ advice on the ground sheets and extra pegs.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Reading this thread reminds me of how lazy I've become. You all are talking about running, biking, going camping, while I'm sitting here with my DQ Blizzard contemplating which show that I've DVR'd to watch.

Reactions: Clare2904

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
The height is fine, if you're in your tent, its usually to lay down and relax with a book or just to sleep or you know, camping hanky panky. But dome height, I mean the bigger you go the more height you get, in our 8 person tent I can stand up fully and be fine, even in my 5 person tent I can some what stand up almost up straight to get dressed and get outside.

I also always prefer dome at night as the light fills better inside with a decent sized lamp.

@Scandale du Jour declined my camping offer :-(

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Reading this thread reminds me of how lazy I've become. You all are talking about running, biking, going camping, while I'm sitting here with my DQ Blizzard contemplating which show that I've DVR'd to watch.
I mean you could have that DQ Blizzard and just go for a walk, two birds...

But yeah, camping is a hell of a lot of fun. I go at least 2x a year minimum.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Also what size footprint for that tent ^

That one is 10'x 10' for footprint. So make sure you get a pretty big tarp for under (even if you found two that were 6x6 would be fine, over lap and etc) it because you'll want a "mud area" of at least 2-3 feet in front of your tent to remove your boots/shoes. The tarp you need for moisture under neath, trust me on that.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
That one is 10'x 10' for footprint. So make sure you get a pretty big tarp for under (even if you found two that were 6x6 would be fine, over lap and etc) it because you'll want a "mud area" of at least 2-3 feet in front of your tent to remove your boots/shoes. The tarp you need for moisture under neath, trust me on that.
Now this is where I am getting conflicting advice. I was told your footprint should be UNDER the tent with nothing showing so that when it rains water cannot pool and go between the tarp and your tent.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Go get after it. It's easy to fall into a rut, but no matter how many excuses I make about not wanting to go to the gym I'm ALWAYS happy that I went.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Now this is where I am getting conflicting advice. I was told your footprint should be UNDER the tent with nothing showing so that when it rains water cannot pool and go between the tarp and your tent.
Depends on the weather but you want to be sort of on a slope. And the back end of the tarp lined up exactly with the tent and the front with a few feet as a wet room sort of deal.

We've done that in some crazy windy and rainy BC weather for camping and were dry in our tent. Most have a canopy that sticks out about two feet so if you line up the front with at least that you'll be fine but the back of the tent and tarp should like up so you have no space for water to pool up. I apologize for not mentioning that.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I opened up a new bank account with PNC today, and I got a coupon for a $200 bonus credit if I got $2k in direct deposits from my employer within 60 days of opening the account. I think I'm going to hit that like 2 days after the deadline, which makes me super disappointed :laugh:

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I opened up a new bank account with PNC today, and I got a coupon for a $200 bonus credit if I got $2k in direct deposits from my employer within 60 days of opening the account. I think I'm going to hit that like 2 days after the deadline, which makes me super disappointed :laugh:
You should have said "oops, I'll be back Thursday" :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You should have said "oops, I'll be back Thursday" :laugh:

I learned about this as I was getting the account, so I couldn't just back out :laugh:

I was also wrong, I think I should hit it easily. I interned at the same place I'm starting full time, and the first paycheck was always delayed by a pay period (so half a month) as an intern for some reason. That's not the case for full time, so I'm not going to be delayed. Or at least hopefully this is the case, I want that $200 to spend on things I don't need :laugh:

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I learned about this as I was getting the account, so I couldn't just back out :laugh:

I was also wrong, I think I should hit it easily. I interned at the same place I'm starting full time, and the first paycheck was always delayed by a pay period (so half a month) as an intern for some reason. That's not the case for full time, so I'm not going to be delayed. Or at least hopefully this is the case, I want that $200 to spend on things I don't need :laugh:
Just buy beer, and pizza, and some more beer

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Classic films released on blu-ray my good Sir. ;)

In the case of this new preorder I just put in it'll be for "The Changeling" from 1980.

Arguably the best ghost story to ever be put to film. And a truly unsettling movie.
Bro you believe in ghosts? I dont but i am shakin after this picture from my brother who remodeled his gf house... let me dig out my iphone 5 if i can find this it will blow you away... sec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad