OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes (Still)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I haven't seen all of Bridesmaids. I joined when they all had diarrhea at the dress shop, rolled my eyes and shut it off.

I like a good, occasional poo joke as much as the next guy, whether it was Dumb and Dumber or American Wedding, etc., but that seemed to be excessive to the point of being unfunny.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I haven't seen all of Bridesmaids. I joined when they all had diarrhea at the dress shop, rolled my eyes and shut it off.

I like a good, occasional poo joke as much as the next guy, whether it was Dumb and Dumber or American Wedding, etc., but that seemed to be excessive to the point of being unfunny.
I think it's really hard to come in to a comedy part way through. They are going to build up the jokes as they go. The Dumb and Dumber scene would probably be pretty damn cringy if it was the first scene you watched too.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah with Bridesmaids, you have to watch it from the start, if you saw it half way through at that poo scene, it's lost a lot of the build up.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's nice to know that my first instinct whenever I'm bored at home is to either go to the gym or go on a bike ride. That has happened like 3 times this week, where I decided I didn't want to work out only to go work out when I got bored. I just got back from my 2nd bike ride today, it was an absolutely gorgeous night tonight.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's nice to know that my first instinct whenever I'm bored at home is to either go to the gym or go on a bike ride. That has happened like 3 times this week, where I decided I didn't want to work out only to go work out when I got bored. I just got back from my 2nd bike ride today, it was an absolutely gorgeous night tonight.
6u9MSFQ.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's nice to wake up to some random frat douche trying to **** talk you on twitter because you tweeted that Oakland is one of the garbage neighborhoods in Pittsburgh :laugh:

Dammit douche is censored, I was really hoping it wouldn't be.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
How is that even a question? Of course Oakland sucks.

Because frat bros that like to party seem to think that Oakland is a mythological place, despite being a slum with jacked up housing prices and scummy landlords. If you think that the party scene outweighs Oakland actually being a ****hole, that's fair to think, but Oakland is still objectively a ****hole.

I always find it funny to read some of the advice given for incoming freshman around this time of year, because a vast majority of it is just terrible. For everything like schooling, housing and college life, I'm usually finding myself saying "that is bull****" for 95% of pieces of advice I see.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
It's nice to wake up to some random frat *****e trying to **** talk you on twitter because you tweeted that Oakland is one of the garbage neighborhoods in Pittsburgh :laugh:

Dammit *****e is censored, I was really hoping it wouldn't be.

How is that even a question? Of course Oakland sucks.

Because frat bros that like to party seem to think that Oakland is a mythological place, despite being a slum with jacked up housing prices and scummy landlords. If you think that the party scene outweighs Oakland actually being a ****hole, that's fair to think, but Oakland is still objectively a ****hole.

I always find it funny to read some of the advice given for incoming freshman around this time of year, because a vast majority of it is just terrible. For everything like schooling, housing and college life, I'm usually finding myself saying "that is bull****" for 95% of pieces of advice I see.

You just described Oakland, CA.

Except less frat bros, more woke hipsterish, startup, tech bros. And their androgynous friends. So many sandals. So much hair oil. Too many tight, short pink shorts and wrinkled nautical attire.

Plus a bunch of real OGs that'll f*** you up in a heartbeat.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
My friend is watching all 6 Sharknado’s today :laugh:

I’ve yet to see one but am intrigued. I’ll stick to my binge watching The OC today.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
My friend is watching all 6 Sharknado’s today :laugh:

I’ve yet to see one but am intrigued. I’ll stick to my binge watching The OC today.

If your friend has copious amounts of pizza and enough alcohol and other snacks, I'd suggest going along for the ride. The movies are so bad they're good.

Reactions: vabm8 and Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
If your friend has copious amounts of pizza and enough alcohol and other snacks, I'd suggest going along for the ride. The movies are so bad they're good.

That’s what she said (actually lol)

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Starting to think I should not help a friend in need (money wise) anymore. Had a friend that ran into a problem and needed to take a few months off work, but had no money so she could not. I gave her a bunch of money (4K to be exact), she sold her house because it was too much money now, paid me half of what she owed me. It's been almost a year now, still waiting for my money and now she never texts me first anymore despite saying she will be in touch all the time if I text her. One time we didn't text for 4 months until I decided to say something. If I get my money back pretty sure that'll be that.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I have a hard limit of $10 when it comes to giving other people money, and that's more of a "I forgot my wallet, can you cover my drinks for tonight?" type of thing. It's the nicest part about being both cheap and an asshole, you get to keep your money.

I'm going to disappoint all of my Pitt friends, but it's looking more and more likely that I'm doing Penn State for my masters. The mechanical engineering program for Penn State world campus is just so much better than what Pitt offers and it's cheaper.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I have a hard limit of $10 when it comes to giving other people money, and that's more of a "I forgot my wallet, can you cover my drinks for tonight?" type of thing. It's the nicest part about being both cheap and an *******, you get to keep your money.

I'm going to disappoint all of my Pitt friends, but it's looking more and more likely that I'm doing Penn State for my masters. The mechanical engineering program for Penn State world campus is just so much better than what Pitt offers and it's cheaper.
do Pitt and Penn State people still care about one another?

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I thought about getting my master's in mechanical engineering. And then work totally f***ed that idea. Taking the PE is still an option, but at this point in life I don't want to do anything else haha.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Starting to think I should not help a friend in need (money wise) anymore. Had a friend that ran into a problem and needed to take a few months off work, but had no money so she could not. I gave her a bunch of money (4K to be exact), she sold her house because it was too much money now, paid me half of what she owed me. It's been almost a year now, still waiting for my money and now she never texts me first anymore despite saying she will be in touch all the time if I text her. One time we didn't text for 4 months until I decided to say something. If I get my money back pretty sure that'll be that.
Don't lend people money, especially friends. Even family, it causes nothing but grief and can destroy relationships. Sure, we'd all love to help people in need out but some people need to learn how to help themselves and bailing them out isn't doing them any favours. Then there's the parasites that just use people and never plan on paying it back anyway.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I only give people money as a gift to bless someone in need. It’s hard if you have expectations to get paid back as others mentioned above.

Reactions: EightyOne

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I thought about getting my master's in mechanical engineering. And then work totally ****ed that idea. Taking the PE is still an option, but at this point in life I don't want to do anything else haha.

I'm starting literally as soon as possible to prevent that from happening. My company won't reimburse me for school until 6 months after I've started, and I'm starting grad school like 6 months and a week after I started. My goal is to finish my masters by fall 2020, which is doable I think.

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad