OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes (Still)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The fries at Butterjoint were quite good. I was underwhelmed by the Fancy Burger, though. My White IPA (Hitchhiker) and Old Fashioned were good. And then I went home and slept for 13 hours. :laugh:

With work (rural PA and WV) I've encountered a flock of turkey, deer, and ticks. And have been trained for encounters with bears and rattlesnakes. Was always worried about running into bears, but ticks are the real threat. Those ****ers.

Being an insane burger nerd, to the point where I have an actual ranked list, I would challenge you to pick a better burger in the tri-state area. The art of how tender they keep the meat deserves an award.

But I would love to try some places if you recommend, if i haven't already. So help me God if you say Tessaros, though. That place is utter garbage.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I seriously love sour beers with dinner. Sipping beers is the way to go. A quality sour is all I need.

I'm not even a drinker and if i'm at dinner with a good bartender, I get an aviation and a sour beer. Those are my 2 drinks for the night.
With celiac, my choices for beer are very very slim.

Daura is good, but I substitute beer with Cider now, which makes me feel basic af.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Yeah sour is the new IPA. It’s all I drink anymore. Specifically the White Birch Brewing raspberry Berliner Weisse. If you can find it in your area, get some. It’s phenomenal. It’s pretty uncommon tho. I usually have to order a case thru one local beer store that can get it.

Reactions: ColePens

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
With celiac, my choices for beer are very very slim.

Daura is good, but I substitute beer with Cider now, which makes me feel basic af.

Did you ever get to drink all beers or was your celiac onset from an early age?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Off cutter is when a fast bowler (equivalent to a pitcher in baseball) spins it so the ball spins towards the batsman (hitter).

Cricket has some weird terms. These are the different fielding positions :laugh:

i640x640.jpg

Finally made it to New York over 5 hours late.

Should have asked for a car. Would have got there quicker. :laugh:

Celiac for the last 3yrs. I had a gluten allergy the two years prior to that which started to slow my beer love down.

Damn. There’s probably better options now than years gone by yeah?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Has anyone here ever worked on a cruise ship before? just an idea floating in my head lately. Make good money on them if you have no bills to pay and like to save. Keep reading people saying they have made the best of friends (long lasting too) on them then they have in the cities they live in.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
With work (rural PA and WV) I've encountered a flock of turkey, deer, and ticks. And have been trained for encounters with bears and rattlesnakes. Was always worried about running into bears, but ticks are the real threat. Those ****ers.

Ugh, don't even get me started on ticks. I grew up in the country but had never even seen one until I moved where I currently live and those little ******** are everywhere here. We took our dog for a hike last fall down some well groomed trails on one of the conservation areas. We weren't exactly bush whacking, it was mostly hiking over rock but we literally had over a hundred ticks crawling on us and the dog, we were picking them off throughout the entire hike. That's the worst I've ever seen it. I had lots of layers on, t-shirt, sweater and jacket but I changed when we got home and I had one crawling on my thigh inside my boxers. Absolutely disgusting.

That reminds me of a guy my sister knows who had one in the worst spot imaginable....he went to the hospital to get it removed and was pretty embarrassed to say he had a tick in his penis. The nurse asked him if it was engorged....wrong choice of words.

Thankfully we haven't had any in us yet, fingers crossed. We check ourselves over after every hike.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I'm not much of a burger fan, but here ya go @ColePens :

Stack'd (whatever you're feeling)
BRGR (Fire in the Hole)
Hello Bistro (John Wayne)
Applewood (I forget what I had)

In general, I guess I like the patties thinner. And I suppose more diner-like/divey.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Burgatory is an okay burger but it's nothing to write home about. It's a "oh.. that was decent" and enjoy a milkshake. I would say for chain-style burgers, they actually do better than a standard burger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->