OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Coffee Talk with Linda Richman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Dogs eat the first notice?

:laugh:

No. Worksafe does that for basically every appointment they organise for me. Always comes after. I find out from the doctor myself beforehand anyway so it’s all good but I do wonder how many people miss appointments. No doubt the doctor bills for it too.

Reactions: KIRK

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Thanks Honour.

I will check those out.

It's streaming, so as long as you have a fantastic internet connection, you're fine. I remember when I was first using it and I had it set up a few rooms away from my modem and it wouldn't load as quickily as it does now with better connections. I love it, honestly, if you create your favorites list and what not, it's kind of a great way-back machine for shows you can't get on netflix or anything anymore, as well as shows that you missed and you don't care for cable anymore.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
It's streaming, so as long as you have a fantastic internet connection, you're fine. I remember when I was first using it and I had it set up a few rooms away from my modem and it wouldn't load as quickily as it does now with better connections. I love it, honestly, if you create your favorites list and what not, it's kind of a great way-back machine for shows you can't get on netflix or anything anymore, as well as shows that you missed and you don't care for cable anymore.
Do you use a VPN? If so, which one?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I was scouting around the area of my new apartment in Squirrel Hill and I love how much stuff there is to do. I'm going to live half a block away from a park that has basketball, hockey, tennis and racquetball courts. Both Schenley Park and Frick Park is a stone's throw away and there is a bunch of stuff you can do there. There's a lot on Murray and Forbes, obviously. It feels weird to be excited about an apartment, my last 2 were "ugh, I guess it's cheap, so okay".

I haven't broken out my telescope since moving into this apartment, I'll for sure drive down to Frick Park and take it out there. But then again, I can do that now too, I'm just lazy as hell :laugh:

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Do you use a VPN? If so, which one?
I know we did back in the US but since we've been here in Canada, we haven't. I don't know if Canada actually has any real law book.

Sorry dude, I wish I could remember which one we used 5yrs ago.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I know we did back in the US but since we've been here in Canada, we haven't. I don't know if Canada actually has any real law book.

Sorry dude, I wish I could remember which one we used 5yrs ago.

Oh no problem. Just figured I would ask. I think I am gonna go with IPVanish, from the bit of reading about it.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Scariest moment of my life today.

I came home from work and my wife was yelling for me to get upstairs. It turns out my kid was having a seizure. First time I've ever had to call 911.

Thankfully, and weirdly, the seizure wasn't anything major and is semi common when a toddler/infant has a fever some times. Lil Winger is resting comfortably at Children's with a fever that's coming down.

I was a wreck tonight. I felt things in my stomach I never ever knew you could feel and don't wish anyone, even my "enemies", to ever feel. I have too much adrenaline pumping to sleep, and to be honest, I wouldn't sleep anyways.

Figured you guys and gals were a good medium to get this off my chest and maybe relieve some of this anxiety.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

I came home from work and my wife was yelling for me to get upstairs. It turns out my kid was having a seizure. First time I've ever had to call 911.

Thankfully, and weirdly, the seizure wasn't anything major and is semi common when a toddler/infant has a fever some times. Lil Winger is resting comfortably at Children's with a fever that's coming down.

I was a wreck tonight. I felt things in my stomach I never ever knew you could feel and don't wish anyone, even my "enemies", to ever feel. I have too much adrenaline pumping to sleep, and to be honest, I wouldn't sleep anyways.

Figured you guys and gals were a good medium to get this off my chest and maybe relieve some of this anxiety.

Phew, good to hear Winger.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

yikes, glad everything is okay.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh

Glad they are okay, that sounds terrifying.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Glad to hear Lil Winger is getting better. It's never easy when you child is sick or hurt.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Finnnallly, in my adult life, established a primary doctor. I dont think ive been to a doctors since i was a kid. A couple brief physicals for hockey but nothing else.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal

Poor little Winger. Glad everything is ok now.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Glad to hear little Winger is recovering, that had to be mortifying to come home to.

Finnnallly, in my adult life, established a primary doctor. I dont think ive been to a doctors since i was a kid. A couple brief physicals for hockey but nothing else.

*throws rock at healthy people; destroys rotator cuff*

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Glad to hear little Winger is recovering, that had to be mortifying to come home to.

*throws rock at healthy people; destroys rotator cuff*

Went amazing, too. Nice guy - good talk. Everything was normal. Blood work normal. Said come back in 2 years unless something comes up. I could have gone 2 more years without a check up. :laugh:

Don't worry, Big. Living a healthy life, i'm sure i'll end up with some disease.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
parksandrecreation-chris-traeger-dark-place.gif

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

I rarely saw a doctor until 3 years ago. Unfortunately I see them pretty much every week or two now. Kind of annoying but mostly out of my hands.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I need to start acting like an adult and set up a primary vet for my cat. She's fine, but I haven't taken her to the vet yet and I adopted her about 11 months ago. I'm just weird with talking to people on the phone, I don't know why :laugh:

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I need to start acting like an adult and set up a primary vet for my cat. She's fine, but I haven't taken her to the vet yet and I adopted her about 11 months ago. I'm just weird with talking to people on the phone, I don't know why :laugh:

I hate talking on the phone. Much rather do it in person more chance they’ll understand what I’m saying lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->