OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Alf Pogs! Remember Alf? He's Back...in Pog Form!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

I'm unfamiliar with a lot of them, but I've made a lot of them myself.

When you have downtime and you drink for free when working...you're going to experiment. Most are awful, some are great...as that article states, though, don't expect every barista to know every one of those...especially when names change from store to store and most of them are just stumbled upon by accident. It's not a secret menu, it's just combinations of stuff that's readily available.

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf tried to do the SoCal thing and introduce a secret menu last year...the idiocy involved of trying to promote something that's supposed to be a secret was just baffling and within two months the only drinks that were on that menu were the ones that no one ever drank and never should drink (do you want a caramel con panna? No, you do not, they're ****ing awful).

My favorite was a creation of my own so vile that it was used as an initiation right for at least a few years after I left that store...the Jelly Belly latte...which had one pump of everything and tasted like a handful of those purposefully disgusting Jelly Belly jellybeans. I'd say it's amazing that we actually had a few customers order it, knowing full well what it was...but then again people also buy those awful jellybeans knowing that they're disgusting so...people are idiots.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I have no idea what that is...but I assume it involves pumps of all of the fruity syrups...in which case it's instantly rendered undrinkable.

Those fruity syrups are just atrocious.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
No way. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is the champion among cereal kind.

Cap'n Crunch (especially with Crunch Berries) is up there... but loses points for absolutely shredding the roof of your mouth.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Never cared much at all for Cap'n. Cinnamon Toast Crunch all the way for the sweet ****.

F5H6SUh.gif

Cinnamon Toast Crunch would be lucky to make a top 5 list. Lucky Charms, Coco Puffs, Frosted Flakes are all clearly superior cereals. CTC might be able to sneak into the 5 spot.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
oh ok. I really don't know **** about types of cheese. And I am 100% ok with that. I like my cheap cheese. Much like beer, I have no desire to "improve" my tastes to more expensive alternatives.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
am i experiencing déjà vu or was there already a cheese discussion a while back. perhaps i'm remembering Ogre's unwillingness to push his boundaries with regards to certain experiences (that is to say, his enlightened contentment)?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
am i experiencing déjà vu or was there already a cheese discussion a while back. perhaps i'm remembering Ogre's unwillingness to push his boundaries with regards to certain experiences (that is to say, his enlightened contentment)?

no there was definitely a cheese conversation within the last month sometime.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Yeah, there totally was a cheese discussion, in I was ruthlessly persecuted and ostracized for not being a Cheese Guy.

Also Big used the exact same picture of that heathen perversion of grilled cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad