Big change needs to be made

LOUISVILLE ICE CARDS

Washed up College Hockey Player OSU18 Uofl 2021
May 7, 2013
Louisville Kentucky
Well add another 5 game losing streak to are rep. Original I was all for keeping Trotz and firing Poile but I am slowly losing faith in Trotz's. Great coach but system that suck for are offensive struggling team. His system requires a team to have at least one or two go to guys on the offensive which we don't have. We just aren't a playoff team this year.

In my opinion we have Four situations we can play out:

1. Fire David Poile and make Paul Felton Interim GM , Sign one or two big free agents (Gaborik, Vanek, Callahan, Moulson), See how Trotz's system works with a true top 6 forward, and if his system still fails consider coaching change.

2. Fire David Poile and make Paul Felton Interim GM, Fire Barry Trotz and make Lane Lambert Interim Head Coach (Housley stays As. Coach) , Sign top 6 forward free agents

3. Same as situation 2 but hire Guy Boucher

4. Don't fire anyone and have an all out " Firesale"

So guys post what you think and what your thoughts are

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Well add another 5 game losing streak to are rep. Original I was all for keeping Trotz and firing Poile but I am slowly losing faith in Trotz's. Great coach but system that suck for are offensive struggling team. His system requires a team to have at least one or two go to guys on the offensive which we don't have. We just aren't a playoff team this year.

In my opinion we have Four situations we can play out:

1. Fire David Poile and make Paul Felton Interim GM , Sign one or two big free agents (Gaborik, Vanek, Callahan, Moulson), See how Trotz's system works with a true top 6 forward, and if his system still fails consider coaching change.

2. Fire David Poile and make Paul Felton Interim GM, Fire Barry Trotz and make Lane Lambert Interim Head Coach (Housley stays As. Coach) , Sign top 6 forward free agents

3. Same as situation 2 but hire Guy Boucher

4. Don't fire anyone and have an all out " Firesale"

So guys post what you think and what your thoughts are

1. Don't count on any of those FA to sign here given how bad we are and Trotz still the coach.

2. I'd be OK with Lambert as our interiem coach so we can tank.

3. This is the option I like the best with any coach who isn't in the current organization as our coach whether it be Boucher, Laviolette or whoever gets fired at the end of the seaosn.

4. Firesale everybody coach, GM, and players

5. Fire Trotz and keep Poile.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
First, the owners have to admit that the status quo is not acceptable anymore. Fire Poile and Trotz now. Let Fenton and Lambert be interims. Trade what we can for picks/prospects to restock Milw. Revamp the FO with people willing to work hard and care about the organizations "brand" . no more misspellings. Start fresh and apologize to the fan base for taking us for granted.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
I am in agreement of big change. Trotz coaching system has ran it's coarse here. He was good and every good thing must come to an end. I also think it's time for Poile to go. This is season number 2 of terrible after blowing it's best shot ever of making a deep run. A lot of money is being spent to make that arena and area better. It's time to quit the excuses and bring a product to Nashville true fans and those who go because it's something to do can be proud of.
They saw what can happen when the product is good. The Bridge was i would argue the best place in the NHL.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I am in agreement of big change. Trotz coaching system has ran it's coarse here. He was good and every good thing must come to an end. I also think it's time for Poile to go. This is season number 2 of terrible after blowing it's best shot ever of making a deep run. A lot of money is being spent to make that arena and area better. It's time to quit the excuses and bring a product to Nashville true fans and those who go because it's something to do can be proud of.
They saw what can happen when the product is good. The Bridge was i would argue the best place in the NHL.

I agree 100%. The talent in Nashville hasn't be used to its' full potential. A new coach could attract better free agents to Nashville.

Biggun35

Bender
Dec 5, 2003
Brentwood, TN
Visit site
Not sure GMDP is the problem. If the Perds have to overpay for bottom 6 players like they did this past summer, pretty sure they can't get any top 6 players to come here unless they pay double what other teams are offering.

The big question for me is the signng of Hutton as backup, would no NHL experienced goalie come here? Were other teams wanting too much in trade for their backups?

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
I say get rid of Trotz and bring in someone new. Maybe Poole too and while we're at it get rid of the gold jerseys and go back to the black and blues.:yo:

I agree with the gold jersey I have never liked them and really like Black and Blues

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
First, the owners have to admit that the status quo is not acceptable anymore. Fire Poile and Trotz now. Let Fenton and Lambert be interims. Trade what we can for picks/prospects to restock Milw. Revamp the FO with people willing to work hard and care about the organizations "brand" . no more misspellings. Start fresh and apologize to the fan base for taking us for granted.

Interims don't work you for a short period and then bring somebody in to implement what they will do. We need fresh outlook from top to bottom.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
1. Promote GMDP to pres of org . Promote Fenton
2. Fire no neck, have weber front some seed money to him so he can open up some Bojangles in the Nash area so he doesn't feel totally exiled
3. Trade Josi or Klein , Wilson, Cullen, Spaling , Legwand
4. Sign Matt Moulson- Nash is still a fairly desirable place to play (esp whether no neck gone)
5. Hire Boucher or Laviolette as HC

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Not sure GMDP is the problem. If the Perds have to overpay for bottom 6 players like they did this past summer, pretty sure they can't get any top 6 players to come here unless they pay double what other teams are offering.

The big question for me is the signng of Hutton as backup, would no NHL experienced goalie come here? Were other teams wanting too much in trade for their backups?

Hutton was great in the AHL. Sorry that he pooped the bed in the NHL. I never expected that he would turn out to be a AAAA player.

With Trotz gone, Nashville should be able to attract a better class of FA.

NorthAlPredfan

Dec 18, 2010
Huntsville, Al
Do you all think that this month will make or break Trotz in Nashville? Would the Olympic break in February be a good time to make a regime change? I'm not sure how the league stuff goes on during the break. If they did change about then would the players not in Sochi be able to practice with a potential new coach like a training camp of sorts? Just something that went through my head and thought I would ask.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
We're not likely to make any changes until post-Sochi.

Weber's our advertising meal ticket because of his likely status on Team Canada. Poile's also going to get some play for being Team USA's GM - though if the USA collapses in the tournament, we won't be the only ones wanting his hide.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad