Big Chance for Disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2004
Because of all this hoopla going on with the NHLPA proposing a cap, and the NHL agreeing to no-linkage, people are starting to get excited about the possibility of the season being saved.

I can understand where the optimism is coming from, but haven't we been optimistic before?

I just don't feel like getting too excited when there is a major chance for disappointment.

Anyone of the same thought process?

Reilly311

lets just say everyone should hide the knives and/or pointed/sharp objects just in case.

Bauer83

Aug 27, 2004
leafs4thecup said:
Because of all this hoopla going on with the NHLPA proposing a cap, and the NHL agreeing to no-linkage, people are starting to get excited about the possibility of the season being saved.

I can understand where the optimism is coming from, but haven't we been optimistic before?

I just don't feel like getting too excited when there is a major chance for disappointment.

Anyone of the same thought process?

One hundred percent could not agree more. We have only been giving small details regarding the proposals, and who knows what other loop holes were in them. I am also a little skeptical because everytime I have got my hopes up, they get shattered. However, with the two sides supposedly talking the same language I can't help but feel tense, but I still got a feeling many of us will be extremely disappointed tomorrow. Smart move by the PA, lets just hope this brings us back hockey, cause if not fan outrage will be amazing(and that is not a good thing)

likea

Jul 9, 2004
this deal will get done, thats why it leakd to the media

the NHL and NHLPA both stand to lose alot more fans now than 2 days ago

at least they could of said they were not even on the same page...but now they can't say that and people expect it to get done

thats why this was leaked...

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Well , they are speaking the same language now , but it remains to be seen if they can bridge the gap of eachothers demands .

also , I dont hear much talk about QO's,Arb,F/A age etc...

theres another can of worms

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
While this deal might not save this season, it is an encouraging sign that next season will start on time . . . . **crossing fingers and toes**

Feb 24, 2004
The most important time to reach a deal is not by tommorow.

In my opinion, they need to have the deal done by the NHL DRAFT. Otherwise major things get screwed up, there could be lawsuits from players who go undrafted, the whole kit and kaboodle.

And speaking strictly from a Leafs fan point of view, they should determine the draft order completely randomly.

Crosby on the leafs :bow: :bow:

Jarqui

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
As long as they're still talking ...

... but Goodenow could say at this point: "See ? We gave them 24% & a cap and they still turned us down." He would be technically correct. But a $52 mil cap doesn't get the job done yet it helps immensely with their PR.

snakepliskin

Jan 27, 2005
Wilmington NC
Isles72 said:
Well , they are speaking the same language now , but it remains to be seen if they can bridge the gap of eachothers demands .

also , I dont hear much talk about QO's,Arb,F/A age etc...

theres another can of worms
i read an article on slam i think that said the owners agrred to the players propsals from dec 9th regarding O-FA-arbitration

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
cleduc said:
As long as they're still talking ...

... but Goodenow could say at this point: "See ? We gave them 24% & a cap and they still turned us down." He would be technically correct. But a $52 mil cap doesn't get the job done yet it helps immensely with their PR.
And the league could turn around and say "we offered profit sharing" but the PA turned it down. . . . at this point both sides are losing the PR battle and will continue to do so until the CBA is signed and the players are on the ice.

Well, that's my thinking anyway.

rekrul

Mar 7, 2003
bittersville,ca
Visit site
yes they are close but your talking hours before it goes away, your telling me after each so called 'close' bargining meeting that ends allwasy with sides not close to agreement INCLUDING LAST NIGHT, that yea this time for the sake of the game they 'meet' in the middle $46mil cap thingy.

not these two losers, its too late they will still be whipping their richards out on each others proposals to see who is be biggest. I gave up a while ago, if they couldn't get it done last night, they ain't in face to face mettings today and the exacution is tomorrow 1pm EST.

its too late

officeglen

Oct 6, 2002
Eastern Ontario
Visit site
PerniciousPablo said:
i'm just excited because by tomorrow, we will KNOW something. instead of being yanked around all the time by stupid people and stupid posts.
Be careful tomorrow, since one may be yanked around by smart people and smart talk. The NHL and NHLPA may reach a deal, but it may be such that either or both the owners or players will vote it down. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad