Big Celtics changes: Ainge out, Stevens to front office

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Ainge sat on his hands long enough so this doesn't surprise me. All those assets. Should've could've would've.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Kind of ironic that eight years after the big trade with the Nets, the Nets knock them out and the poop hits the fan.

Nets accomplished what Boston wanted to and couldn't. Sign two top elite free agents and then (possibly) trade your surplus assets for another star. While the rebuild went good, they haven't made much noise since the Big 3 were disbanded. 18 years is a helluva long time for a GM in this day and age so about time they shake things up.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Great expert analysis. :shakehead Anyway - I really don't want Kidd so you can keep him there.
i'd rather he be coaching the celtics.....if his stints in brooklyn and milwaukee are any indication of how that may turn out

i'm guessing ainge's days as a GM in the NBA are done. no point in hiring a guy whose strategy is to hoard draft picks

Reactions: Voight

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Danny Ainge should have been axed years ago.

Promoting Stevens to GM, which is a great move for him, is perplexing. Don't see anything changing in Boston.

Anyone else recall the backlash Atlanta got for firing Pierce? All because he was one of the BLM leaders in the Atlanta area.

That all disappeared when his ass got fired and the Hawks started living up to their potential under a real coach.

Reactions: Voight

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It was all over ESPN and Yahoo Sports
SAS was the one who brought it up and there obviously wasn't any truth behind it. just your usual clickbait BS from him

pierce was fired because he had lost the locker room and young in particular didn't like playing for him

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
i'd rather he be coaching the celtics.....if his stints in brooklyn and milwaukee are any indication of how that may turn out

i'm guessing ainge's days as a GM in the NBA are done. no point in hiring a guy whose strategy is to hoard draft picks

This + hes been pretty much living off the Nets trade for the last 7 years. Hasn't done much since.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
SAS was the one who brought it up and there obviously wasn't any truth behind it. just your usual clickbait BS from him

pierce was fired because he had lost the locker room and young in particular didn't like playing for him

It was certainly more than Screaming Stephen on ESPN.

I think even someone on TNT thought Pierce got a raw deal. All while bringing up his leadership for social justice. As if that mattered while the Hawks were underachieving.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

That's what I was looking for. I've heard names like Sam Cassell and Chauncey Billups mentioned as possible candidates but Woj made a good point today - since Stevens has no experience as GM he might prefer bringing in somebody that has NBA Coaching experience. :dunno:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
That's what I was looking for. I've heard names like Sam Cassell and Chauncey Billups mentioned as possible candidates but Woj made a good point today - since Stevens has no experience as GM he might prefer bringing in somebody that has NBA Coaching experience. :dunno:
Gentry, D'antoni, Brett Brown, Mike Brown

Take your pick

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Having a GM with 0 experience and a head coach with 0 experience definitely wouldn't be the best idea.

Brooks would be a good pick if he gets fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: