Injury Report: Big Buff Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
The one thing that I find absolutely puzzling is that there seems to be not a single journalist in Winnipeg that can provide even a shred of insight into the Buff saga. Pretty sad if you ask me. (and, I know you're not asking me)
This is how cowardly journalists in Winnipeg are. they won’t write any thing that TNSE won’t like. Friesen seems to be the only guy in Winnipeg willing to challenge anything, but he’s not even good.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
The one thing that I find absolutely puzzling is that there seems to be not a single journalist in Winnipeg that can provide even a shred of insight into the Buff saga. Pretty sad if you ask me. (and, I know you're not asking me)
You mean you are not numb to this effect yet? Well, it has kinda back like this since the return. Maybe Lawless was a bit critical but still.

Reactions: Naturaledge

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This is how cowardly journalists in Winnipeg are. they won’t write any thing that TNSE won’t like. Friesen seems to be the only guy in Winnipeg willing to challenge anything, but he’s not even good.

What is perplexing is that they don't even seem to get any "solids" from TNSE in return for their tepidness. Most scoops around the Jets that I recall come from the national media. Even local boy Cody Eakin getting traded to the Jets was broken by Dreger lol. You would think at the very least these local guys would get a bone from TNSE in exchange for being "good on message journalists"... apparently not.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I don't follow other Canadian teams closely.... Do other teams in Canada have news broken by local sports personalities before the TSN or Sportsnet guys report it?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I don't follow other Canadian teams closely.... Do other teams in Canada have news broken by local sports personalities before the TSN or Sportsnet guys report it?

I don't know about most teams but the Sens have Bruce Garrioch who does the organization's bidding and gets lots of scoops.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I don't know about most teams but the Sens have Bruce Garrioch who does the organization's bidding and gets lots of scoops.
Did he break the DeMelo trade?

I think it was the national guys?

Who is TNSE gonna give the scoop to Weeb? Hustler? Westwood? Paul Friesen? :D

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
What is perplexing is that they don't even seem to get any "solids" from TNSE in return for their tepidness. Most scoops around the Jets that I recall come from the national media. Even local boy Cody Eakin getting traded to the Jets was broken by Dreger lol. You would think at the very least these local guys would get a bone from TNSE in exchange for being "good on message journalists"... apparently not.
TNSE gives no information to anyone under any circumstances. Winnipeg is probably the last place you would get inside information on moves the Jets are making. The national guys would get the info from the team they are dealing with or from the agent who is almost certainly not located in Winnipeg.

Reactions: Gotaf7 and Whileee

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
TNSE gives no information to anyone under any circumstances. Winnipeg is probably the last place you would get inside information on moves the Jets are making. The national guys would get the info from the team they are dealing with or from the agent who is almost certainly not located in Winnipeg.

Under extenuating circumstances maybe....:laugh:
8110AD6D-5C07-45BB-AE9E-60A806A6AEEC.gif

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
How about the crime reporter?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think the Jets' media just don't know what's going on. The Jets are notoriously close-lipped, Buff doesn't talk to anyone, and Buff's agent has likely only leaked a few nuggets to national reporters.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets don't leak anything. It's a very good policy, in my opinion. Unless an agent is leaking, there's nothing solid to report and Buff's agent has no incentive to leak at this point.

It's not as though there aren't Jets reporters that would like a bit of muckraking. McIntyre prides himself on it, as does Friesen. Wiecek will do some drive-by stuff, still. But they often are just speculating, and end up looking foolish.

For my part, I pay to watch the games, not to follow the soap opera stuff. Winnipeg is a small town in many ways and I've received non-hockey information about Jets at various points, but sharing it publicly lacks class, whether from a fan or a reporter.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Wiecek retired and the next generation Freep reporters are even lazier.
They still publish awful pap with Wiecek and his retirement travels, and he still takes swipes at the Jets. It's embarrassing.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Jets don't leak anything. It's a very good policy, in my opinion. Unless an agent is leaking, there's nothing solid to report and Buff's agent has no incentive to leak at this point.

It's not as though there aren't Jets reporters that would like a bit of muckraking. McIntyre prides himself on it, as does Friesen. Wiecek will do some drive-by stuff, still. But they often are just speculating, and end up looking foolish.

For my part, I pay to watch the games, not to follow the soap opera stuff. Winnipeg is a small town in many ways and I've received non-hockey information about Jets at various points, but sharing it publicly lacks class, whether from a fan or a reporter.
I agree ...... I like that they run a tight ship and are not amature hour in the front office with leaks left right and center like some orginizations.......
The gossip bugs in us may not like it but it's is way better for those inside the orginization (especially the players) to run it this way.... IMO

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
They still publish awful pap with Wiecek and his retirement travels, and he still takes swipes at the Jets. It's embarrassing.

Wiecek had that awkward personality to play an adversarial reporter the problem was his complete lack of talent. Paul wanted so badly to be the skilled heel (bad guy) that drew heat but sadly he never made it past that Brooklyn Brawler useless jobber level.

He can’t even retire right. Just a sad, punch drunk, has been, never was, Palooka.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad