Big Buff Destroys Granlund (Wrist Surgery, Out For At Least a Month)

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
Great hit by Buff. :thumbu:

Play Minnesota hard & make them earn those 2 points. :naughty:

I am not sure how it is classified as a "great" hit - Buff got caught flat footed and was beat by Granlund. He had to take a 2 minute interference penalty in order to prevent Granlund from getting a very good scoring opportunity. I find it odd that the hit could be labeled "great" by anyone.

That being said, it was not something that was suspendable or even worth more than the 2 minutes that he got. Granlund's injury was just a fluke in the way he landed, not because of something dirty that Buff did.

NYRangerFan*

Byfuglien looks like an idiot in that gif. What was he doing?

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Great hit. It's embarrassing that people were calling for a suspension in this thread. It's a clean hit delivered as marginal interference. It's not Buff's fault he weighs twice as much as Granlund and Granlund went flying.

Also it's funny to watch the reaction of the fans in the front row of that GIF: all smiles and alright with the hit until they see Granlund's feet whip over top of the boards and they realize he did a flip.

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
I am not sure how it is classified as a "great" hit - Buff got caught flat footed and was beat by Granlund. He had to take a 2 minute interference penalty in order to prevent Granlund from getting a very good scoring opportunity. I find it odd that the hit could be labeled "great" by anyone.

That being said, it was not something that was suspendable or even worth more than the 2 minutes that he got. Granlund's injury was just a fluke in the way he landed, not because of something dirty that Buff did.

Nailed it

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010

He barely made contact with a guy and made him do a backflip. That's pretty great in my book.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Fatty can't skate, but he can sure throw the clothes line out when he gets beat.

Look up some highlights of Buff scoring and then come back here and say he can't skate. Truth is he can skate, sometimes though gets beat, and he is strong enough that throwing a clothesline will flip someone ass over tea-kettle.

He's a big guy and one of if not the strongest guy in the league who also doesn't play nice but not dirty like a Matt Cooke for example.

LSnow

Jan 5, 2012
Finland
He barely made contact with a guy and made him do a backflip. That's pretty great in my book.

Its more of Granlunds speed than Buff throwing huge force. Its like driving a bike and someone put rope across the road. Its just a basic interference penalty, Buff got beaten so he broke the rules and interfered because the penalty was better result than Granlund getting past him, and he just got injured. Players slash each other a lot in the game, but sometimes someone hits too hard or just awkward place and breaks a hand.

Billy Mays Here*

Fatty can't skate, but he can sure throw the clothes line out when he gets beat.

You should look up the definition of a clothesline because that certainly wasn't one. He's not even fat, just very strong and he just proved how weak and fragile Granlund still is.

And if he got beat there he certainly wouldn't have been able to deliver a hit like that. He had Granlund lined up and finished the job.

WhitePony

Mar 29, 2003
Visit site
Buff "The Stuff" with a tilt-a-whirl slam to Granlund! 1,2,3 NEW CHAMPION!

In all seriousness, hope for a speedy recovery for Granlund.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
What happens right after? Does he grab a rope and tie two legs and one arm of Granlund together?

That might explain the sore wrist, as that otherwise looks like a perfectly safe hockey play...

....okay, now we know you don't really believe your own argument. :laugh:

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014

Good call.

Except he can actually get up and down the ice well.

Painful loss for your "the Wild" tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->