TV: Big Brother US - Season 21

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Yes. Step one is to get easily offended. Then from the comfort of your chair you post as much hatred online as possible to try to ruin that person's life. Usually you call them racist, misogynistic or diagnose them with some sort of mental illness or drug problem.

This is so true. Cancel Culture....

I attempted to look up what question was for regarding Michie being racist. The only thing someone wrote was when he told Jessica to go back to Mexico???

I still don't think Nicole having the door shut in her face is bullying in the context of this game she agreed to play.

The last thing, CBS absolutely wants these people to say something racist or controversial.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When you have 7 or 8 people ganged up in a room burying the nerdy girl from art class while she knows what's going on, what are the other kinds of pictures you expect to be painted there?

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
When you have 7 or 8 people ganged up in a room burying the nerdy girl from art class while she knows what's going on, what are the other kinds of pictures you expect to be painted there?

They are in alliance and Nicole is not in the group. It's a simple as that - this is not real life. Nicole has no rights to be in that room when they are having a group discussion. She also is not forced to stay in the house. She choose to play a game where the goal is to get in with the majority of the group and get the others out. Put it this way, if Ovi or Nicole are part of the 8 and Jessica came up there and tried to enter. You think they tried to go against the group, hell no! Some of this is that mob mentality where people are much more comfortable being rude or outrageous within the large group.

If that is bullying then bullying has occurred multiple times on every single season of BB. I like Nicole but if everyone played the game the way she did - you wouldn't have a show.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They are in alliance and Nicole is not in the group. It's a simple as that - this is not real life. Nicole has no rights to be in that room when they are having a group discussion. She also is not forced to stay in the house. She choose to play a game where the goal is to get in with the majority of the group and get the others out. Put it this way, if Ovi or Nicole are part of the 8 and Jessica came up there and tried to enter. You think they tried to go against the group, hell no! Some of this is that mob mentality where people are much more comfortable being rude or outrageous within the large group.

If that is bullying then bullying has occurred multiple times on every single season of BB. I like Nicole but if everyone played the game the way she did - you wouldn't have a show.

The mob mentality is exactly what that was. They didn't ask her to not come in or tell her they were talking game on their own - stuff that happens all the time not in the HOH room, they shut the door in her face and did the same thing to Ovi and then pulled they out their pitchforks. Sure, that is all technically game, as are a lot of things that other people have done that viewers hated. But as I keep saying, this is a show that the game is simply part of.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I agree. If you don't want to be bullied, don't go on BB.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I agree. If you don't want to be bullied, don't go on BB.

The reaction Nicole has received from leaving the house makes a comment like that completely absurd. She may as well not leave her house. It's not up to the victim to determine the toxicity.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The reaction Nicole has received from leaving the house makes a comment like that completely absurd. She may as well not leave her house. It's not up to the victim to determine the toxicity.
You lost me.

If the other players "bullied" her while in the house, that is part of the game. Like another poster said, if you can't "pressure" a fellow player, it won't be Big Brother.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I have not read Nicole's complaints so I can speak to specifics. If something happened outside the house, then my comments are wrong.

However, Nicole was always "safe" in the house - there was no physical threat. If another player yelled at her, she can always walk away. Any player can.

If they restrict pressuring a player, where do you draw the line?

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Given it some thought...

A few years ago, I HATED the guy with the beard (Mr. "Friendship" - can't remember his name (Paul?)) because he bullied people - have a player bang pans, harassment, etc. So, I can see them trying to crack down on it. However, where do you draw the line?

Is banging pans wrong? Okay, I can live with that.

Is yelling wrong? Maybe, but it's a slippery slope.

I gossip/scheming wrong? Now you are destroying the game.

The problem is, where does it stop?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You lost me.

If the other players "bullied" her while in the house, that is part of the game. Like another poster said, if you can't "pressure" a fellow player, it won't be Big Brother.

The context of bullying being ok in any situation is the problem. You sign up for anything that happens in that house, it just spoke more to the character of the people in the house that it happened. Only person who recovered from that was Tommy.

I have not read Nicole's complaints so I can speak to specifics. If something happened outside the house, then my comments are wrong.

However, Nicole was always "safe" in the house - there was no physical threat. If another player yelled at her, she can always walk away. Any player can.

If they restrict pressuring a player, where do you draw the line?

She wasn't yelled at, that was the point. She was being yelled about. She wanted to confront it, which is what she said at the finale. Instead she managed to flip the house on Bella and likely would have won if she was in Final 3. She didn't sit around and feel sorry for herself.

Given it some thought...

A few years ago, I HATED the guy with the beard (Mr. "Friendship" - can't remember his name (Paul?)) because he bullied people - have a player bang pans, harassment, etc. So, I can see them trying to crack down on it. However, where do you draw the line?

Is banging pans wrong? Okay, I can live with that.

Is yelling wrong? Maybe, but it's a slippery slope.

I gossip/scheming wrong? Now you are destroying the game.

The problem is, where does it stop?

Cody won AFP that year in large part of that because he wasn't any better, he just didn't have the army (or game) built behind him. It's definitely a mentality that has changed from 10 years ago where people were more accepting of just doing things because it played into the game. Cody casting the deciding vote for Paul to lose was also exactly the climatic moment they were going for.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The context of bullying being ok in any situation is the problem. You sign up for anything that happens in that house, it just spoke more to the character of the people in the house that it happened. Only person who recovered from that was Tommy.

She wasn't yelled at, that was the point. She was being yelled about. She wanted to confront it, which is what she said at the finale. Instead she managed to flip the house on Bella and likely would have won if she was in Final 3. She didn't sit around and feel sorry for herself.

Cody won AFP that year in large part of that because he wasn't any better, he just didn't have the army (or game) built behind him. It's definitely a mentality that has changed from 10 years ago where people were more accepting of just doing things because it played into the game. Cody casting the deciding vote for Paul to lose was also exactly the climatic moment they were going for.
Everything you wrote is fair. However, I don't understand the middle paragraph = "She wasn't yelled at, that was the point. She was being yelled about"?

If it takes a ton of effort to explain, don't worry about it - probably more trouble than it is worth.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Everything you wrote is fair. However, I don't understand the middle paragraph = "She wasn't yelled at, that was the point. She was being yelled about"?

If it takes a ton of effort to explain, don't worry about it - probably more trouble than it is worth.

It doesn't take a ton of effort, they showed it to you at the finale.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
It doesn't take a ton of effort, they showed it to you at the finale.
They didn't call anyone out for bullying in the finale? lol they called Michie out for being racist which there is no evidence to back up. Big Brother has a long history of ass holes playing the game. Not shocking and not going to change.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They didn't call anyone out for bullying in the finale? lol they called Michie out for being racist which there is no evidence to back up. Big Brother has a long history of ass holes playing the game. Not shocking and not going to change.

Was this not the finale?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Michie shouldn't have even been in the game. BB shaming him at the end was partial justice for him.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
If you look at that receipt thread, a lot of things on there are disqualifying factors for being on the show. Things that include his arrest record and addiction problems.
I mean that isn't really on him though is it? CBS willingly put him into the house either out of ignorance or because they didn't care. That is all on CBS. Don't turn around 4 months later and act holier then thou.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I mean that isn't really on him though is it? CBS willingly put him into the house either out of ignorance or because they didn't care. That is all on CBS. Don't turn around 4 months later and act holier then thou.

Considering he knowingly lied about them all, yeah I'd say it's on him as much as it is on CBS and Big Brother.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I am sorry if random people on the internet can figure it out then CBS can figure it out. They were either lazy...or knew and didn't care.

Considering that he had admitted it at various points over the game, they should've had him exit the game. This isn't an either/or game here. Michie shouldn't have been in the game and that's his fault and CBS/Big Brother's fault for putting someone in a pseudo-detox situation that also required shrink sessions.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Considering he knowingly lied about them all, yeah I'd say it's on him as much as it is on CBS and Big Brother.

How do you know he lied about it? I didn't know you had to be a perfect angle in your past to participate in BB. I'm pretty sure past contestants have some shady stuff in their past, arrests, ect. I feel like the majority of this is to drum up controversy to the benefit of CBS. Racist, bullying... all generating click bait articles that do nothing but advertised the show.

If CBS really cared and thought he actually crossed the line, they have the ability to kick him out. They don't honestly give a shit. CBS wants big personalities and most of all conflict of any kind to promote the show. I still don't think any of what he did was that bad. Blame Michie for being racist when the show producers never cast a majority of houseguests considered minorities, why is that?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
How do you know he lied about it? I didn't know you had to be a perfect angle in your past to participate in BB. I'm pretty sure past contestants have some shady stuff in their past, arrests, ect. I feel like the majority of this is to drum up controversy to the benefit of CBS. Racist, bullying... all generating click bait articles that do nothing but advertised the show.

If CBS really cared and thought he actually crossed the line, they have the ability to kick him out. They don't honestly give a ****. CBS wants big personalities and most of all conflict of any kind to promote the show. I still don't think any of what he did was that bad. Blame Michie for being racist when the show producers never cast a majority of houseguests considered minorities, why is that?

Because he admitted that he lied about it. You don't have to be a perfect ANGEL but you do need to have a clean bill of health, especially from a psychological perspective, and they say you need to not have a record of violence associated with you to be a part of their show.

Of course CBS doesn't care. They have their self-serving reasons to do what they did. BB is basically WWE. People blame Michie for being racist for things he did that they perceive to either be racist or racially biased in nature. That's their call. Michie was just a prick that had serious issues that they should've not put into the game for the safety of the other people and for his own sake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->